Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fine Wine: Folks Over 50 (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   The Loft: Butches and Femmes in their 40s, 50s and over. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317)

Jet 11-17-2009 01:46 PM

The Loft: Butches and Femmes in their 40s, 50s and over.

A place to visit and relate to each other being in our 40s & 50s and over. Topics vary on anything you want to share.
(Barb I stole your original thread and moved it over here lol)

Jet 11-20-2009 01:26 PM

I'm bumping this up. Am I the only one who's old?...LOL

Apocalipstic 11-20-2009 01:30 PM

Nahhh, lots of oldies here :)

I love being 46 though, nothing to prove. :)

Jet 11-20-2009 01:34 PM

You're way young....

Apocalipstic 11-20-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol' Jet (Post 9226)
You're way young....

Yeah, an infant! :)

Apocalipstic 11-20-2009 02:38 PM

Zygote here....:)

Seriously though, so many of my friends have always been younger but I am pretty settled now and don't party like I once did. I do feel very old in some ways. My immediate circle of friends is changing radically.

I find myself more and more wanting to be home in front of the fireplace with my honey and our dogs and kitties, I never imagined I would reach an age where I would rather eat dirt than go out. The only time I have more than 2 cocktails is at family stuff...and I consider that medicinal...ha.

Last weekend, we actually went to a bar with a friend, and as soon as the crowd lumbered in, we went home. It was 9:30. Yep. There used to be a time when I was at the bar almost every night...though who can afford that and a house now?

Anyone else see a change in things you enjoy and friendships as you age?

Cowboi 11-20-2009 03:01 PM

Oldie here..........

Kimbo 11-20-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apocalipstic (Post 9259)
Seriously though, so many of my friends have always been younger but I am pretty settled now and don't party like I once did. I do feel very old in some ways. My immediate circle of friends is changing radically.

I find myself more and more wanting to be home in front of the fireplace with my honey and our dogs and kitties, I never imagined I would reach an age where I would rather eat dirt than go out. The only time I have more than 2 cocktails is at family stuff...and I consider that medicinal...ha.

Last weekend, we actually went to a bar with a friend, and as soon as the crowd lumbered in, we went home. It was 9:30. Yep. There used to be a time when I was at the bar almost every night...though who can afford that and a house now?

Anyone else see a change in things you enjoy and friendships as you age?

Many many changes, things I notice are about the same as yours. Staying up til midnight is a late night, and I cracked up when I visited my best friend of 30 years recently and he said "no drinking on a work night".

I really enjoy staying home. Now the big change for me is to move, had the economy not tanked I would of done it by now. My bones need warmth and sun...the cold, damp Seattle winters have run their course with me.

I'm sure I'll be back with more but right now I've gotta take a nap..hehe:shocking:

Lady Jewel 11-20-2009 09:59 PM

Hey all :) I am 48 and would not change all the years of experience to be young again for all the money in the world. I am in place where I know who I am, where I am going and really like myself.

Jewel

Jet 11-20-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apocalipstic (Post 9259)
There used to be a time when I was at the bar almost every night...

God I remember those days.

Lady Jewel 11-20-2009 10:04 PM

I think I got very lucky and pretty much avoided the bar life. And for sure at my age, I have zero interest in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol' Jet (Post 9408)
God I remember those days.

HumV4me 11-20-2009 10:06 PM

~~HEY~~ 41, here. And a Grandmother... I prefer it as **G-Ma**.

And I'm just waiting to get over to whole "Hang on to your youth" thing so I can just stop dying the grey and cut the color right outa my hair... yes... I'm go'na to cut that color right outa my hair.

LOL

I find myself focused on taking care of the parents now... the role has totally flipped... I'm the caretaker now. CRAZY! I would never had imagined such a thing happening.

I do good getting 3 or 4 events a ~~YEAR~~ now with all the ((grown up)) things I have to do.

Diva 11-20-2009 10:50 PM

I'll be 57 my next birthday (Feb).....that sounds so surreal to me! lol I don't FEEL 57......I don't feel as though I LOOK 57.....I certainly don't ACT 57!!

That being said, I DO find that I am increasingly more impatient with people who act the fool. If You're cranky, mean to people, shit~stirrers or passive~aggressive, I really don't have time for that.

There's a part of me that is really looking forward to being a grandmother, but I'm not telling my daughter that! lol And I'm not having the "Grandma/Granny/MeeMaw/Nana" stuff.....I'm going to teach them something unusual....like "Diva". Yes....it has served me well for many years.....it might as well continue on..... :eyebat:

Abigail Crabby 11-20-2009 10:57 PM

I'm thinking this is where I belong - cuz I've kissed 50 and s/he kissed me back a couple of times :3femme:

WolfyOne 11-20-2009 11:46 PM

Looking around the place and liking this Loft. Wondering how I missed seeing this thread. Pulling up an overstuffed recliner and getting comfy because.....well, just because I can, lol. I'm just gonna watch for a while as I sit back and check ya'll out.

WolfyOne 11-20-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumV4me (Post 9411)
~~HEY~~ 41, here. And a Grandmother... I prefer it as **G-Ma**.

And I'm just waiting to get over to whole "Hang on to your youth" thing so I can just stop dying the grey and cut the color right outa my hair... yes... I'm go'na to cut that color right outa my hair.

LOL

I find myself focused on taking care of the parents now... the role has totally flipped... I'm the caretaker now. CRAZY! I would never had imagined such a thing happening.

I do good getting 3 or 4 events a ~~YEAR~~ now with all the ((grown up)) things I have to do.

Personally I think grey is sexy and you wear it so well.

Kimbo 11-21-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 9429)

That being said, I DO find that I am increasingly more impatient with people who act the fool. If You're cranky, mean to people, shit~stirrers or passive~aggressive, I really don't have time for that.

Ya know this is so very true -- I have no patients for fucking games, I'm to damn old. If a person can't deal with issues head on then fuck 'em, it's juvenile and energy wasting.

I became a grand kinda person/parent last year when my son married a woman who has a child. He is 16, I think he's to old for us to bond...and he just calls me Kim which is alright with me.

Happy weekend Lofters...

I am fortunate to be spending the day with many others from my B-F family -- I feel some trouble coming on.

morningstar55 11-21-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol' Jet (Post 9220)
I'm bumping this up. Am I the only one who's old?...LOL

... hell no. ya old fart...... :superfunny:
thank u ....... Ol jet. for giving us other old farts a hang out place.... hehe
:bunchflowers:

Jet 11-21-2009 12:28 PM

Well hey everybody welcome to the thread...I'm on and off here real fast, getting ready to see the movie Precious. I should say I'm bracing myself for it considering the subject matter and some pretty upsetting scenes.

Y'all have a good day.

Andrew, Jr. 11-21-2009 02:56 PM

Hi All! I'm 46 yo. This last year has really aged me. Life is very unfair, and unkind, but I am surviving.

I will definitely be back to see my friends who are in the same boat.

Namaste,
Andrew :hangloose: