Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fine Wine: Folks Over 50 (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   If I knew then what I know now...... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1034)

WolfyOne 05-25-2010 11:49 AM

I would have stayed a kid longer instead of wanting to be grown up in a kid's body

Passionaria 05-25-2010 12:16 PM

would-a could-a

* I would have bought stock in Apple and Google early in the game.

* I would have bought an old Victorian in San Francisco, when prices were were reasonable.

* I would have raised my son in the dance studio, as my first instinct dictated. Also gone from Modern dance, into studying Tango professionally.

:rose: Pashi

Rockinonahigh 05-25-2010 02:49 PM

A fue more things....

I would have learned to dance,really dance not the hop skip and jumping kind,but the kind where u hold someone close and feel the energy of the moment...but I have two left feet.

Been less serious about life,laughed more to live in the moment of it,maybe I still can.

paid way less attintion to members of my family who put me down lie a dog cause I was diffrent.In the stream of life there little darlings ended up doing worse things than I ever did. or have.

paid more attintion to family history,for som reason my grand parents didnt talk about it much..so I have always wondered.

Nat 05-25-2010 02:51 PM

I would have just stayed out of it.

Pretty Woman 05-25-2010 04:36 PM

Been WAY more judicious about who I chose to spend my time with.:kissy:

Blade 05-25-2010 04:47 PM

I'da kept that old '67 Firebird

sylvie 02-03-2011 04:02 PM

i would have smiled more... appreciated the small things more.. and had more fun with each day.. mind you, maybe i wouldn't be where i am emotionally today, picking up more & more as each day goes by...

life's lessons are so worth learning..♥ even the difficult ones..
& very thankful for the days ahead, where i can smile, appreciate and have fun as often as i can!

MissItalianDiva 02-03-2011 04:31 PM

I would not have put my career before everything and everyone

I would not have walked away when I should have taken time..

I would have chosen to get my degree more efficiently

I would have been more open and willing

I would have not felt the need to be so "tough" all the time

Starbuck 02-03-2011 06:01 PM

I wouldn't have married him
I would have called my grandparents more often
I would have allowed the medical doctors in the Army help me with the depression after my divorce
I wouldn't have treated my son like he was a little soldier
I would have said "yes" more often

Sweet Bliss 03-08-2013 07:14 AM

stuck in the 70's

Doing the wudda cudda shudda will not help me now. But re-framing works pretty good....

My choices might not look so hot to others, my choices are mine however. I prefer to believe they were all the right choices. I looked hawt in bell bottoms, lol

The lovers that left me... thank you so much... I am grateful.

The lovers I left.... you go sister!! Stand up for yourself.

nope. wouldn't change a thing.:bunchflowers:

meridiantoo 03-12-2013 11:03 PM

I would have finished college right out of HS instead of making an adult career out of finishing my degrees.

:clover:

traumaqueen 03-12-2013 11:21 PM

no doubt meri... /smh

Sweet Bliss 07-07-2013 06:19 PM

I would have invested in "old cranky people " OTC medicine. Freebies y'all, freebies.

Lots of big bank deposits.... :blueheels: and cute sandals.

Blade 07-07-2013 08:08 PM

I'd bought more property

anaisninja 03-14-2014 11:59 PM

I would have kissed some girls in my 20s.

LoyalWolfsBlade 03-15-2014 03:00 AM

I would still be in the Midwest

JAGG 03-15-2014 08:03 AM

I would have said no thanks.

okieblu 03-25-2014 08:58 AM

My daughter and I have talked about this one, several times. What she said is that regretting past desecions is a waste of energy. Everything she has gone through-both good and bad-have lead up to the person she is now and the life she has now. And those are both very sweet (as in good).

I've thought about this alot. The thing is, that the things I would change are things that would wipe out of exsistance the 2 people who mean the most to me... my daughter and my graddaughter. And that is not even worth thinking about.

cinnamongrrl 03-25-2014 09:33 AM

I would never have sold my Echo..... I loved that car....and it still hurts me to this day.....

Gayandgray 02-23-2016 11:56 PM

OMG there is sooooooooo much I would do differently if I could........ I would have told someone in authority about my stepfather's abuse when my mom didn't believe me, I would have finished high school, I would definately have chosen a different profession, I would have come out to my family myself instead of being outed, etc, etc, etc, etc.