Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Weather Report (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104)

Orema 01-12-2024 06:17 AM

We got a foot of snow over the last couple days and we're preparing for a lot more starting today. I heard a report this morning asking people in my city not to park on the streets today, if possible, to allow the snow removers to do their jobs. I haven't heard that request before now.

I have plenty of blankets, candles and flashlights, but just ordered more candles.

Orema 01-12-2024 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orema (Post 1295656)
We got a foot of snow over the last couple days and we're preparing for a lot more starting today. I heard a report this morning asking people in my city not to park on the streets today, if possible, to allow the snow removers to do their jobs. I haven't heard that request before now.

I have plenty of blankets, candles and flashlights, but just ordered more candles.

Just double checked it was closer to half a foot (6 to 8 inches) over the last couple days. That's manageable here.

Kätzchen 01-12-2024 12:06 PM

Happy Snowy TGIF to everyone! <3<3<3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orema (Post 1295659)
Just double checked it was closer to half a foot (6 to 8 inches) over the last couple days. That's manageable here.

I am battening down the proverbial hatches here at home. I don't plan to drive to work, in fact I am taking time off and maybe I will carefully try to build a snowman. *hee hee*

https://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded...ue-Snowman.jpg

:hk20:

Stone-Butch 01-12-2024 01:19 PM

Weather Report

37.4F and no snow yet but lots of gusty winds. We will wait and see what the day brings.

GeorgiaMa'am 01-12-2024 07:04 PM

It's been a dreary, rainy, cold day. I stayed snuggled under my covers all day.

Stone-Butch 01-13-2024 09:40 PM

Weather Report

We have constant blowing snow but none sticks around very long. Not much on the ground to speak of. Temp. is going down so we should have more snow soon that might stay once the weather drops.

Gráinne 01-13-2024 11:50 PM

The forecast is 6-9 inches here, which will grind the entire world to a stop. I have to work until 2, which makes me nervous. Monday will likely be a wash.

GeorgiaMa'am 01-14-2024 12:09 AM

We're supposed to drop down to 17*F by Tuesday with wind chills near 0*F. Brrr! :cold:

Soft*Silver 01-14-2024 01:23 AM

We finally have snow accumulation. We have had high winds, which has been playing havoc w everyone’s electric in the valley. I have to refill the bird feeders twice a day w weather like this.

We are the only city in the state of Ohio that has a non-tether law. Any outside dog cannot be tethered. They have to be in a kennel, and there has to be adequate shelter. They must be straw in the shelter. And for hot months, there must be shade. There must be proof that the water will not freeze as well! Any inside dog cannot be tethered for more than 20 minutes to use the bathroom! Many places have thought this would be hard to enforce, but it actually has been very easy! It’s so nice to know that at least our dogs and our city are protected in weather like this!

Orema 01-14-2024 03:33 AM

It’s 19°F and snowing. Snowplowers woke me up. They were working yesterday, too, but you’d never know it because the snow keeps coming down and you can barely see the roads on my street.

Haven’t lost power since the other night.

Hoping everyone is staying safe and warm.

nhplowboi 01-14-2024 01:23 PM

Snow squalls have been are forecast for this afternoon and it IS squalling right now! I was just out in the yard moving cars around and now 15 minutes later everything is coated. Glad i don't have to be out and about in this as I am sure as quick as this came in, the roads are wicked slippery. Accuweather says the temp is 37 with a feels like of 32.

Soft*Silver 01-14-2024 07:54 PM

It is 10° out with the windchill factor of -15! We’ve had a little bit of accumulation of snow, but it’s the ice that’s dangerous beneath the snow. Right before this came in we had a couple days of rain.

The good thing is that one of my good friends from my City hooked up his snowplow to his truck, and came and plowed my road from my house to the nearest Main street, and then plowed out our driveway! Later in the day, two of my other friends came by, And they had snow blowers and they blew all the snow away from around and on our cars, and our Pathways and our steps and Porch! They refused to take any payment for this! I guess it really helps when you have a garden and giveaway vegetables all season long! Lol

Stone-Butch 01-15-2024 01:30 PM

Weather Report

17F , low winds finally and no snow left. Very odd "winter". Glad we do not live in igloos for sure. Other than that a super sunny day.

Blade 01-20-2024 09:21 PM

Cold as a well diggers ass. I'm about tired of living in Alaska. Bring back my mild southeast Atlantic winter temps

GeorgiaMa'am 01-21-2024 04:23 PM

40*F and sunny. It's practically spring!

Stone-Butch 01-21-2024 05:00 PM

Weather Report

24F and the parking lot is dry. Sunny day with little wind.

Orema 01-22-2024 03:15 AM

Snow, snow, and more snow

It was gorgeous yesterday. Everything is covered in snow, but the sun was booming for a few hours. There’s nothing like seeing snow-covered trees with the sun shining through.

Currently, it’s 23°F with cloudy skies, snow flurries expected throughout the day. Weather advisory for Tuesday.

I could see the road from my window on Saturday, but it was covered with snow by the time I got up yesterday.

Stone-Butch 01-22-2024 12:52 PM

Weather Report

Snowing out there as it should have around Xmas. 28F but feels ok. Lets see how long this lasts.

Soft*Silver 01-23-2024 11:09 AM

In one week, where I am in Ohio, we have gone from -15° windchill factor to 53°!

nhplowboi 01-28-2024 02:32 PM

It's been messy since 10 AM. Rain, snow, more rain. Nothing has accumulated and stayed at this point. They are saying it will be heaviest tonight and are predicting 4 to 6 inches. Most of our snow this year has been light and fluffy but tonight is going to be the wet heavy stuff.
:(