Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What is on your mind (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147)

macele 01-30-2013 04:05 PM

i went to a gathering of family to have lunch in remembrance of my aunt that passed away. the lunch was at the fellowship hall at a methodist church. so we are all in the fellowship hall and i remembered lines from a movie. so i say, "this woman slams the door in a mans face, and right before she slammed the door ... he said "you murderist!" she reopened the door and said, "what did you say!" he said, "i called you a murderist!" she said, "oh. i thought you said methodist." and closed the door again.

most didn't laugh. o well.

Daktari 01-30-2013 05:33 PM

Year two
My resistance to finishing the step three writing
Trust
Courage
Fear
The nature of 'addict brain' vs 'recovery brain.

TheMerryFairy 01-30-2013 05:36 PM

Cuddling, good movies, a special project, behavioral psychology and trying to make a decision on pizza toppings.

Gemme 01-30-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMerryFairy (Post 740510)
Cuddling, good movies, a special project, behavioral psychology and trying to make a decision on pizza toppings.

Mushrooms, onions and black olives.

Or all veggies.

With pepperoni.

Not that I have a preference or anything...:blink:

Duchess 01-30-2013 06:41 PM

My schedule is driving me crazy. I desperately need a camping trip, a fishing trip or a visit with great friends!!!:praying:

jac 01-30-2013 06:44 PM

The visit with the gyno on Monday morning. I've been told it can take up to 3 hours to hash out the logistics. :wtf:
:yesno:

Good thing the extra 8 hours I put in today goes on my next time period which will cover next week :writer:

Now I'll have enough hours to cover my medical appointment... :breakdance:

Kenna 01-30-2013 07:14 PM

I'm a bad bad girl.. I'm having pumpkin roll with cream cheese filling for dinner. after getting loopy on benedryl and spending the evening filling out job apps.

tomorrow is payday thank god

I haven't done my dishes yet, because after today's stressful workday, I just don't care.

gotta love friends that always go out of their way and convenience to help you

this storm blowing thru is AWFUL and I'm praying for a safe night for all.

clay 01-30-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenna (Post 740568)
I'm a bad bad girl.. I'm having pumpkin roll with cream cheese filling for dinner. after getting loopy on benedryl and spending the evening filling out job apps.

tomorrow is payday thank god

I haven't done my dishes yet, because after today's stressful workday, I just don't care.

gotta love friends that always go out of their way and convenience to help you

this storm blowing thru is AWFUL and I'm praying for a safe night for all.

sending you thoughts for safe night and restful slumber....take care...

KCBUTCH 01-30-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clay (Post 740364)
How incredulous it is when the Universe keeps us on track. How amazing it is things just happen exactly like they are supposed to. How wonderful for this Universe and all her wisdom....I may not always like what she provides for me or prevents me from doing, but in the end, I am always so much more blessed.
Thanks wonderful Universe. I am open to your divine interventions...:)

LOVE THIS- AND IN FULL AGREEMENT

clay 01-30-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBUTCH (Post 740597)
LOVE THIS- AND IN FULL AGREEMENT

thanks, KC.
As time passes, I am able to accept what she provides me instead of always trying to "make my own will"....this magnificent Universe has always taken care of me...in her own way/timeframe/provisions..so why shouldn't I just go with her flow now...:)>

KCBUTCH 01-30-2013 07:45 PM

A client is on my mind- He was severely neglected and bullied all through school but kept it to himself. He struggles I can see it. After group- I went and sat with him after the other clients left and he broke down and cried with me,

It is so hard to have professional boundaries when you just want to hold someone.
So I touched his back and rubbed in for a moment and told him he was safe and it will get better it just takes time, I asked him to promise me he would go to the local alano club after that and sit so he was somewhere safe and surrounding my community. He cried some more, I told him "crying is the best things you could do, let yourself cry, I cry often" and that I could see he was hurt and afraid but that he had numbers to call and places to be ok in where they'd understand. Withdrawal is difficult and I would make sure that his doctor would be made of the anxiety he was experiencing first thing in the morning and I am really glad he told me how he really felt, so I could help him get his needs met.
He'll be in my prayers tonight. :praying:

KCBUTCH 01-30-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clay (Post 740599)
thanks, KC.
As time passes, I am able to accept what she provides me instead of always trying to "make my own will"....this magnificent Universe has always taken care of me...in her own way/timeframe/provisions..so why shouldn't I just go with her flow now...:)>

I call that surrender-to the unknown. I can only do the footwork and stay awake to the process- the rest I trust to the infinite source knowing there is no lack or limitations to the universes intentions for me
How that will look is none of my business. Mine is only to BE the BEST me I can BE.
I relate my friend and thank you so much for sharing it- I appreciate your truth
Namaste'

clay 01-30-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBUTCH (Post 740606)
I call that surrender-to the unknown. I can only do the footwork and stay awake to the process- the rest I trust to the infinite source knowing there is no lack or limitations to the universes intentions for me
How that will look is none of my business. Mine is only to BE the BEST me I can BE.
I relate my friend and thank you so much for sharing it- I appreciate your truth
Namaste'

Welcome, bro!!!!!

dixie 01-30-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBUTCH (Post 740601)
A client is on my mind- He was severely neglected and bullied all through school but kept it to himself. He struggles I can see it. After group- I went and sat with him after the other clients left and he broke down and cried with me,

It is so hard to have professional boundaries when you just want to hold someone.
So I touched his back and rubbed in for a moment and told him he was safe and it will get better it just takes time.
He'll be in my prayers tonight. :praying:

Sometimes those professional boundaries have to be crossed. There were times that both battered women and abused children at the DV shelter needed a hug and cry much more than they needed my counsel. In those experiences I have found that it also tends to strengthen that client-counselor bond and will allow them to open up further, more comfortably and confidently.

DamonK 01-30-2013 08:02 PM

Food soon that will hopefully warm me up
Then back to the dogs
And try to do homework
I may end up curling up on the couch with lots of blankets instead

Outside of that, I think I've not much else on my mind.

WingsOnFire 01-30-2013 08:56 PM

Finding out that the reason why i felt the bed shake even though i was the ONLY one on it.... was a 3.7 scale earth quake felt by SW Washington and Oregon..

TheMerryFairy 01-30-2013 09:37 PM

I am keeping a coulpe of friends very close in thought tonight. It's times like this that I wish I could just cuddle up with them to know I am there, to say things will be okay and maybe for a couple of moments acheive an inner calm through the storm.

A bottle of wine, netflix and homemade treats.

KCBUTCH 01-30-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixie (Post 740609)
Sometimes those professional boundaries have to be crossed. There were times that both battered women and abused children at the DV shelter needed a hug and cry much more than they needed my counsel. In those experiences I have found that it also tends to strengthen that client-counselor bond and will allow them to open up further, more comfortably and confidently.

I agree- I guess part of me could tell he wasn't ready for more, I am just grateful I could be there, it was a hectic day and he just got out of detox last night and went to to sleep and came directly to group this morning and we had a lot of intakes so it was very important to me to give him some time one on one, he was long forgotten in his life I don't want his healing process to be the same. I know that hurt so well- it makes my heart bleed for him. :)

dixie 01-30-2013 09:47 PM

I had been disappointed over the fact that I will not be going on the vacation that I had planned, due to all this health stuff and financial stuff. My very dear friend has given me three choices: Italy, Ireland, or England. I am to pick one and my friend will finance my choice of vacation and take time off to not only play tour guide for me, but to fly to the US simply so I won't be alone on the long flight. I am utterly in shock at the offer (which is way too much for me to accept), but also blown away by such a wonderful friendship! I am blessed. (f)

jcisbutch 01-30-2013 09:49 PM

a kiss goodnight...