Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ms. Patrick.....Good or Bad for NASCAR? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=869)

Legendryder 02-13-2010 11:55 AM

Ms. Patrick.....Good or Bad for NASCAR?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Blade 02-13-2010 12:02 PM

Always good when women get involved in something that is traditionally a male dominated thing. However she will be like every other woman professional competing in a mans world. She could win the Daytona 500, rookie of the year, win both championships and the truck championship and I'll bet she still wouldn't make as much money as Dale Jr, or Smoke, or Mark Martin Kyle Busch or Happy Harvick. She'd make more like an also ran filler car.

But I still think it is a great opportunity for women to be in the media lime light competing in professional sports and 3 cheers for Dale Jr for giving her a chance.

Legendryder 02-13-2010 12:08 PM

I think the woman to watch in the Nationwide series is gonna be Chrissy Wallace. She has a limited amount of backers, a car that isn't quite as good, but, she can drive like hell. I would love to see her in a car that measures up, just to see what she can do.

All in all, I am more excited about the rule changes. I have missed real stock car racing. If you ain't rubbin', you ain't racin'!!

Hudson 02-13-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legendryder (Post 49165)
Ms. Patrick.....Good or Bad for NASCAR? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Is she 'good or bad for NASCAR'?

Is this question for real?

Soon 02-13-2010 12:14 PM

Hi,

I don't understand the thread title: Ms. Patrick...Good or Bad for NASCAR?

What are the hypothetical *bads* to the inclusion of women (in this case, Patrick) in this competition?

The_Lady_Snow 02-13-2010 12:15 PM

I don't want her in my NASCAR

Blade 02-13-2010 12:16 PM

Oh yeah ME TOO! I can't wait for the flag to drop tomorrow and separate the race car drivers from the golden boy good advertisers. Racing is a good ole boys sport, and much to many rules have gotten involved in it. RUN WHAT YA BRUNG and see who has the most balls, who is the best cheater and who has the biggest mouth and can back it up with their junk. If you don't have the guts to run over 210 mph like a young Bill Elliot did in 1987 then stay ya ass at home and watch the race instead of cluttering up the track with waste

Legendryder 02-13-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow (Post 49186)
Hi,

I don't understand the thread title. Good or bad for NASCAR?

What are the hypothetical *bads* to the inclusion of women in this competition?

No, I didn't mean it like that. rofl What I meant was, do ya think she is gonna win, or is it gonna be just like the other open wheel racers that come in and wreck everyone. Did not mean it to sound so sexist. But, now that I read it, yeah.

Hudson 02-13-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legendryder (Post 49189)
No, I didn't mean it like that. rofl What I meant was, do ya think she is gonna win, or is it gonna be just like the other open wheel racers that come in and wreck everyone. Did not mean it to sound so sexist. But, now that I read it, yeah.

Hi Legendryder,

I'm not a NASCAR fan and so I am wondering what 'open wheel racer' means in this context/sport? I'm only familiar with it as it appies to Formula 1.

Thanks

Legendryder 02-13-2010 12:23 PM

Most folks call them Indy cars. Open wheel racers haven't had a lot of luck coming over to stock cars. So, we shall see. I hope the best for her. She is a great driver, smart driver, so you just never know.

Legendryder 02-13-2010 02:06 PM

Well, crap. On to Cali. She did good though.

The_Lady_Snow 02-14-2010 03:35 PM

She lets go of the god damn wheel and causes crashes..

GET OUT~:chainsaw: