Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Words Games, Quizzes, Etc. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Cat got your tongue? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6557)

cathexis 12-30-2018 03:36 AM

"I'd give my eye teeth for that."

This a fairly new expression (last Century) meaning that the person would be wiling to give up an important item such as the teeth needed for meat, the canines, to acquire a perceived valuable skill or item.

homoe 12-30-2018 06:44 AM

"Diamond In The Rough"...........

A person or thing with exceptional qualities or characteristics that cannot be seen from the surface

homoe 12-30-2018 08:08 AM

'Nothing To Write Home About".............

To be not especially remarkable or noteworthy; to be rather dull, mediocre, uninteresting, or unimportant.

Sidebar: I saw this in one of Gemme's post and it jogged my memory.....

homoe 12-30-2018 09:09 AM

"Green Eyed Monster" ..............

Jealousy; envy.

Sidebar: The phrase 'green-eyed jealousy' was used by, and possibly coined by, Shakespeare to denote jealousy, in The Merchant of Venice, 1596

homoe 12-30-2018 05:27 PM

"A Backhanded Compliment".............

A backhanded compliment is a remark which seems to be praising someone or something but which could also be understood as criticism. Ambiguous statement – one that can be taken as a compliment, but which might also be seen as an insult.

homoe 12-30-2018 06:53 PM

"Throw Cold Water On Something"............

To discourage or deter someone from doing something; to make something seem less appealing or reduce someone's enthusiasm for something.

homoe 12-31-2018 10:31 AM

"A Load Of Hogwash"..............

Worthless, false, or ridiculous speech or writing; nonsense.

homoe 01-01-2019 11:33 AM

"Be Worth Its/One's Weight In Gold"........

To be very valuable, important, or useful.

homoe 01-01-2019 12:38 PM

"Doesn't Have Two Pennies To Rub Together"..........

These expressions refer to being impoverished, destitute, or without resources, similar to "poor as a church mouse."

homoe 01-01-2019 12:43 PM

"Up In The Air".......

An expression meaning something or a situation is unclear or undefined"

homoe 01-01-2019 12:47 PM

Tap-dance Around"..............

An expression meaning to improvise to avoid confronting an uncomfortable issues or situations.

homoe 01-03-2019 12:42 PM

"Mind The Store"..............

To be responsible for making sure that nothing bad happens, especially during a time of change or when the person who is normally responsible is absent: In the short term.

homoe 01-06-2019 06:57 PM

"Odd Duck"..................

An unusual person, especially an individual with an idiosyncratic personality or peculiar behavioral characteristics. A rather unusual, strange, or peculiar person.

homoe 01-13-2019 04:10 PM

"Hit The Nail On The Head".............

To do exactly the right thing; to do something or describe a situation in the most effective and efficient way.

homoe 01-14-2019 06:28 PM

"Throw A Monkey Wrench Into" .............

Sabotage or frustrate a project or plans! To disrupt, foil, or cause problems to a plan, activity, or project.

homoe 01-15-2019 04:55 PM

"Nose Skin Off My Nose"...............

Something which means you do not care about it because it will not affect you.
If someone says it's no skin off my nose they mean they are not worried about something because it only affects or harms other people.

homoe 01-15-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1238320)
"Nose Skin Off My Nose"...............

Something which means you do not care about it because it will not affect you.
If someone says it's no skin off my nose they mean they are not worried about something because it only affects or harms other people.

Sorry that should of read......No Skin Off My Nose

cathexis 01-16-2019 05:01 AM

while we're talking skin.....

"Escaped X-situation by the skin of my teeth"

got away without a second to spare or barely got away

homoe 01-19-2019 06:09 PM

"Beat A Dead Horse"............

To continue to focus on something—especially an issue or topic—that is no longer of any use or relevance. An idiom that means to continue a particular endeavor is a waste of time as the outcome is already decided.

homoe 01-19-2019 06:52 PM

"Everything Except The Kitchen Sink".........

Nearly everything one can reasonably imagine; many different things, often to the point of excess or redundancy. To have a much larger number of things than is necessary. A very large number of things, whether needed or not.