Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Favorite Phone App's... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2466)

Strappie 12-06-2010 08:51 PM

Favorite Phone App's...

I Just got a new phone today cause my old phone's touch screen died out on me. I got the Samsung Fascinate.

I am looking for fun and cool App's to add to it...

What are some of your favorite's??

Medusa 12-06-2010 09:02 PM

Angry Birds!

dixie 12-06-2010 09:06 PM

I have a Motorola Droid X and so far I've found TONS of awesome apps. (And some just cause I'm a nerd like dat...lol) I've got everything from a barcode scanner, a stop smoking app, Big Sport Fishing, Talking Tom Cat (which mimics everything it hears), Kindle, The Moron Test, etc etc. I even have one called "Dildroid" which turns my phone into a vibrator. :| bwahahahahahaha

Gayla 12-06-2010 09:14 PM

Mine probably don't fall into the fun and cool category but I love, love, love the Huffington Post app. I would now rather read Huff Post on my phone than on my computer. I've got about 3 other news ones - Msnbc.com, usatoday and a local one.

Shazam is one of my favorites. Hold it up to a speaker and it will tell you what song is playing. I use that more than I'd like to admit because I just don't know this new fangled music kids today are listening to.

Pandora.

Also, not an app, but I use the notepad function a lot. Like multiple times a day. And I love that it lets me just push a button and email a note that I've written. My car is no longer full of post it notes and I don't have multiple lists all over my desk. I just type stuff on my phone and email it to myself.

dixie 12-06-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gayla (Post 242784)
Mine probably don't fall into the fun and cool category but I love, love, love the Huffington Post app. I would now rather read Huff Post on my phone than on my computer. I've got about 3 other news ones - Msnbc.com, usatoday and a local one.

Shazam is one of my favorites. Hold it up to a speaker and it will tell you what song is playing. I use that more than I'd like to admit because I just don't know this new fangled music kids today are listening to.

Pandora.

Also, not an app, but I use the notepad function a lot. Like multiple times a day. And I love that it lets me just push a button and email a note that I've written. My car is no longer full of post it notes and I don't have multiple lists all over my desk. I just type stuff on my phone and email it to myself.

I have the Huff Post app too and love it. :)

I was wondering what Pandora was. I always see it in the app market but never really looked at it. And the notepad would be good. That could come in handy.

Gayla 12-06-2010 09:18 PM

Pandora is just like Pandora the web site. It makes radio stations and plays music. It's good when I'm tired of the music I have on my phone.

Strappie 12-06-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 242769)
Angry Birds!

Okay.. But what is it??

Strappie 12-06-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gayla (Post 242784)

Pandora.

Oh yes Shazam.. I heard about that a while ago.. Thank you for reminding me!!

Strappie 12-06-2010 09:23 PM

Help me and others out and tell me what these App's do ... I'm a dork when it comes to this stuff.

This is going to be FUN!!!

Tucker 12-06-2010 09:31 PM

I have this love hate relationship with Angry Birds! It drives me insane how much I think about getting to that next level. Green little pigs from hell!

Pandora is one of my favorites. I love that you can put in an artist and/or song. I always find new music that I end up downloading.

I'm a Shazam fan.

I play Monopoly on my phone as well.

I love the Mustache Me application!!

Can I just say that I love my iPhone?

Strappie 12-06-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tucker (Post 242807)

I have this love hate relationship with Angry Birds! It drives me insane how much I think about getting to that next level. Green little pigs from hell!

Pandora is one of my favorites. I love that you can put in an artist and/or song. I always find new music that I end up downloading.

I'm a Shazam fan.

I play Monopoly on my phone as well.

I love the Mustache Me application!!

Can I just say that I love my iPhone?

Why of coarse you can Tucker!! lol

Thanks for the app idea's.

Sparkle 12-07-2010 11:57 AM

The Apps I use regularly:

Weather Channel (allows me to save multiple locations - so I know the weather conditions when i'm traveling and also where my friends are)

Huff Post (news)
Guardian (news)
NPR (news)

Words With Friends (scrabble app that allows you to play with friends and or random strangers)

Facebook
Shazam
Pandora

Kayak (just like the website - for researching flights etc)
Southwest (for checking in to flights)

FMC (calendar that tracks my periods)

Hipstamatic (vintage photo app)

Eight Glasses A Day (allows me to track my water consumption)
Tap & Track (allows me to keep a daily food log - tracking calories, protein, carbs, vitamins etc)

Around Me (is an app that uses the "locator" feature to tell me the nearest ATM/Coffee shop/Supermarket/Hospital/Gas Station etc - great when I'm some place new)

Just_G 12-07-2010 01:43 PM

I love my "keyring" app....it is where you can scan all of your discount cards that you show at the grocery store or CVS or whatever, then once you have them all in your phone, you can thin out your wallet and get rid of those stupid cards that take up so much room!

I also like Weatherbug and AK notepad....when I go to the grocery store, I can just delete things off my list and not have to worry about pen and paper!

girl_dee 12-07-2010 03:43 PM

*flybys*.. .its awesome and tells you what satelites are orbiting over you.. its amazing how many *secret* or phantom aircraft circle the planet..

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/satel...347477413?mt=8

girl_dee 12-07-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gayla (Post 242791)
Pandora is just like Pandora the web site. It makes radio stations and plays music. It's good when I'm tired of the music I have on my phone.

FYI Pandora does not work in Canada...

*sigh*

Sachita 12-07-2010 03:58 PM

love my iphone but sometimes miss my blackberry. It took a while to type quickly on a touch screen.

Pano - lets you take panoramic pics
password keeper
Netflix - yes I sometimes do watch movies on my phone!
craigslist
cnn
yahoo
kindle
facebook

Strappie 12-07-2010 06:42 PM

You all ROCK!!! These are great idea's and a good start to my App collection... lol

Passionaria 12-07-2010 07:40 PM

:ninja: Oh boy, I just got texting down. I have seen some people turn their phone into a modem for internet access, I thought was tres' cool.

Softly 12-08-2010 09:21 PM

Google G2 here..android....looooooove apps

Angry birds
Evernotes
Pandora
Handcents for messaging
Wordfeud!!!! Like scrabble so fun
Fxcamera
Horoscope app
You can try to search if your bank has an app...mine does.

Oh man I could go on...love apps.

Softly 12-08-2010 09:22 PM

Forgot clearcheck and google sky