Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What surprises you? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7192)

kittygrrl 01-20-2014 02:46 PM

What surprises you?

Either good or bad. Nice or not so nice. Or just not expected.

kittygrrl 01-20-2014 02:48 PM

Surprised we are having so much snow. I like snow but I don't love it. 30" is way too much!:seeingstars:

Kobi 01-20-2014 03:27 PM

It always surprises me when there is little, if any, acknowledgement of the reason it is a holiday. We love time off, we like the extended weekend, but do we even take a moment to remember why we have it?

WingsOnFire 01-20-2014 04:06 PM

it surprises me every year how damn cold it is in January!! ughhhhh!!! bring on spring!

WingsOnFire 01-20-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobi (Post 881770)

It always surprises me when there is little, if any, acknowledgement of the reason it is a holiday. We love time off, we like the extended weekend, but do we even take a moment to remember why we have it?

This bears repeating... and repeating... and repeating....

JustLovelyJenn 01-20-2014 04:53 PM

It will always surprise me how selfish humans are by nature...

Teddybear 01-20-2014 05:05 PM

that even after 25+ years she crosses my mind :bigcry: Im sure I will never forget her or our time together

little_ms_sunshyne 01-20-2014 05:22 PM

Sarah Palin's increasing level of stupidity! I know I shouldn't be surprised, but really?

C0LLETTE 01-20-2014 05:24 PM

It always surprises me how people think their religion is "normal" and everyone else is worshipping idols. How "crossing yourself" and kneeling is acceptable but prostrating yourself is "weird".

The Quebec Government is trying to pass and enforce a charter that would secularise the public sector. Problem is, it's secularising everything except that which is Christian. The crucifix hanging in the National Assembly would be exempt from "secularising".

Pineault-Caron secular charter testimony goes viral on YouTube

Geneviève Caron and Claude Pineault were shocked to find people praying on all fours at Moroccan mosque

A family’s testimony at the secular charter hearings at the Quebec national assembly has gone viral thanks to YouTube.

Geneviève Caron and Claude Pineault testified late Thursday afternoon at the commission on Quebec’s controversial proposed secular charter that would ban the wearing of visible religious symbols in the public sector.

Interested in intolerance? Have a look at what is happening in Quebec.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...tube-1.2501980

Should I be surprised at ignorance? Probably not. But the thing is, these people will get a vote.

Jar 01-20-2014 06:09 PM

It surprises me when people do something for me or make a gesture that's really genuine with no agenda other than just making my life a little happier.

JAGG 01-20-2014 06:50 PM

Poor management of a business and employees apathy towards it.

Smiling 01-20-2014 06:51 PM

Synapses, axons, dendrites....

The depths, intricacies, and idiosyncrasies of the human mind.

It is just glorious to behold the endless ways in which people process information and sensory input. I could sit for hours at a time and just quietly observe the wheels turning in as many different directions as there are people alive.

It's fascinating.

And it reminds me of the miraculousness of a simple thought.

TruTexan 01-20-2014 07:03 PM

It surprised me how much support I am getting in the cancer thread because I have breast cancer scare in progress. I am grateful to all those who help me make it through the day and give their support and comforting words. Man I can't believe how good it feels to know I am not alone , even though I am going through this crap alone in r/t.

Gemme 01-20-2014 08:08 PM

I shouldn't be in this day and age, but every once in a while, someone's sense of entitlement will catch me off guard.

Bèsame* 01-20-2014 10:01 PM

How my family can come together over an event that otherwise we would have no idea each of us were even aware of. Yesterday, during a playoff game, we all were making comments on Facebook. Cousins and nieces who I hadn't heard from years ago are brought together over.....social media.

It's amazing that we can share moments that we weren't aware of years ago. To be a part of their life if just for comments or pushing the like button. The photographs that bring us into each other's busy lives, living across the country.

This surprises me the most...modern technology.

Even this, connecting thru here, brings us together!

MysticOceansFL 01-22-2014 04:51 PM

She surprises me every day!!!

kittygrrl 01-22-2014 04:52 PM

It surprises me that 194 children have been killed by guns since Sandyhook and so many of us are silent, we should all agree on the basics, but we continue to rationalize, how many more children have to die before we decide individually we have to take a stand?

http://www.motherjones.com/files/new...nline-01_1.png

Daktari 01-22-2014 05:10 PM

I constantly surprise myself
:tinfoil:

WingsOnFire 01-22-2014 05:10 PM

It surprises me how surprised I am when a certain coworker's smile brightens my day. I should know better. In fact when I'm having a bad day I should just go pull up a chair in her cubicle and say "Girl I need a pick me up!'.

Her smile is so contagious. I am truly blessed to know her

Soon 01-22-2014 06:35 PM

…the severity of my chocolate craving this evening!

:eatinghersheybar: <-- could be me but it's too frigid to go to the store and get some (which doesn't surprise me)!

Maybe I'll settle for hot chocolate. :)