Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

RockOn 01-11-2012 08:33 PM

Leftover tacos. Sometimes quantity overrides quality. I skipped lunch to prepare a fix for one of our users. We are getting swamped with fallout from late last year. Sometimes I wonder about these people. We write software for them so their jobs will be easier, train them on it and prepare user guides for them. Then January tells on them. We get bombarded with calls about their data is missing or has holes in it - evidence they are only running parts of the software. Not following through with entire process is causing these issues. January and February get a little stressful but it works out. Plus, I always learn a great deal more by cleaning up their messes.

kittygrrl 01-11-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claybaby (Post 502689)
[COLOR="Blue"]I am going to be making a pot of chicken bog...to have for tomorrow's dinner..... polished off the last of Lowcountry Boil[.....and will make Marzetti Friday..yummmm/COLOR]

wow, can you translate? it all sounds very intriguing what is a chicken bog?!?:hk23:

clay 01-11-2012 09:15 PM

hey kittygrrrl...it is a southern dish...made with chicken, kielbasa, bacon, and rice and seasonings of one's choice.
Boil a chicken, debone, picking chicken off bones; set chicken aside and save broth. Use your choice of seasonings..I use some S & P, a little Old Bay Seafood Seasoning (to taste).
In same pot, brown bacon that has been chopped up in smaller pieces, and brown along with the Kielbasa, and I add a diced up sweet onion.
Once this is all browned, add chicken, broth, and your rice. (measure rice) and cook til done in this broth mix.
Down in my of SC, we do a bog with fresh oysters OR shrimp...venison...it is so delicious...and is usually even better the next day after all those flavors have set in fridge and "married up"...yummmmm
Hope this helps...let me know if you make it...or if you have any more questions...Clay

kittygrrl 01-11-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claybaby (Post 502777)
hey kittygrrrl...it is a southern dish...made with chicken, kielbasa, bacon, and rice and seasonings of one's choice.
Boil a chicken, debone, picking chicken off bones; set chicken aside and save broth. Use your choice of seasonings..I use some S & P, a little Old Bay Seafood Seasoning (to taste).
In same pot, brown bacon that has been chopped up in smaller pieces, and brown along with the Kielbasa, and I add a diced up sweet onion.
Once this is all browned, add chicken, broth, and your rice. (measure rice) and cook til done in this broth mix.
Down in my of SC, we do a bog with fresh oysters OR shrimp...venison...it is so delicious...and is usually even better the next day after all those flavors have set in fridge and "married up"...yummmmm
Hope this helps...let me know if you make it...or if you have any more questions...Clay

Hey thanks !:bouquet:for answering so quickly! It sounds a little like dirty rice..which is bitchin..i'm going to try coming up with a vegan version and name it Veggie Bog :veggie:

clay 01-11-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygrrl (Post 502784)
Hey thanks !:bouquet:for answering so quickly! It sounds a little like dirty rice..which is bitchin..i'm going to try coming up with a vegan version and name it Veggie Bog :veggie:

cooooll...and YVW! Let me know how it turns out...C.

Rockinonahigh 01-11-2012 09:32 PM

Tonight I had dirty rice,beer butt chicken,home made non alcoholic sangria,and yeast rolls.

GPS 01-11-2012 09:47 PM

nacho's, green tea and apple dumplings for desert

istolurboxers38 01-11-2012 09:57 PM

Dinner Tonight

The kids came home and we all got in and cut up tons of vegetables and made a huge pot of homemade stew. There is enough here to feed an army is anyone hungry?

theoddz 01-11-2012 10:04 PM

I've got a really bad cold and I really don't feel like eating much. I'm having a Stouffer's chicken pot pie and a glass of ginger ale. :cough:

Nothing tastes good, I can't smell and I certainly cannot taste anything. :(

I just know that I have to eat something or I'll end up feeling a lot worse than I do already. :|

~Theo~ :bouquet:

Random 01-11-2012 10:15 PM

Pinto Beans/Ham and white cornbread...

I'm toying with the idea of making this russian apple thinggy that I found last night, but after looking at the time... ummm maybe not..

Sparx1_1 01-12-2012 12:46 AM

I finally perfected my butter chicken..... soooooo full lol

kannon 01-12-2012 02:57 PM

baklava.......

thanks mister and miss spoon.

Honey 01-12-2012 02:59 PM

salad with grilled chicken and Sobe Life H2O with whey protein

JAGG 01-12-2012 03:14 PM

Boneless chicken with this spicy coating I love on it. Baby peas and white corn.

smouldering 01-12-2012 03:16 PM

I am making hamburgers and fries, something easy :D

Heavenleahangel 01-12-2012 03:20 PM

Im making a nice ham with mac & cheese (homemade of course), corn on cob and biscuits. Later, I will take the ham bone and make a nice pot of soup and serve it with cornbread. Leftover ham will be frozen and used another time. I love cooking one meal and eating 3x off of it!

Cid 01-12-2012 03:20 PM

So far it's Crunch'nMunch. We'll see what the rest of the evening brings. If I get an energy spurt I'll make something better.

Soon 01-12-2012 03:26 PM

curry chicken
spicy squid
rice

Rockinonahigh 01-12-2012 03:35 PM

Thick cut pork chops Hawiian style with left over dirty rice,country rolls then a salad....hot tea.

Mtn 01-12-2012 03:40 PM

The girl and I are trying a new Oriental Chicken recipe from sparkpeople, served over brown rice, think it's going to be yummy!

PaPa 01-12-2012 03:45 PM

Spaghetti with marinara and meatballs, and tossed salad

clay 01-12-2012 04:37 PM

Chicken Bog....and devilled eggs..southern style comfort food..and if I had some peaches, I would make a peach cobbler...yummmm

StillettoDoll 01-12-2012 05:32 PM

Louisiana hot links with steam Swiss chard and rice

pajama 01-12-2012 05:33 PM

One of my favorites....

Sloppy Joes and
Mac and cheese.....

ruffryder 01-12-2012 05:42 PM

last night: sirloin steak, potato salad, baked beans.
tonight: enchilada dinner with rice, beans, diced steak and onions, white cheese.
to drink: beers.

princessbelle 01-12-2012 06:18 PM

Belle soup:

Black beans
97% Lean Hamburger meat
Onion
Crushed red pepper
One potato
Corn
Tomato Sauce

lotsssssss of spices...boiled and simmered for 3 hours.

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

The_Lady_Snow 01-12-2012 06:25 PM

Made by his own sweet hands

Steak Sandwiches

Baked Potatos

Salad!!

scootebaby 01-12-2012 06:42 PM

teriyaki chicken over fried rice..........YUMMMMM!!

ArkansasPiscesGrrl 01-12-2012 07:40 PM

chicken enchiladas with salsa verde sauce, and whole wheat tortillas.

And a fat free chocolate pudding cup for dessert!

ruffryder 01-13-2012 05:48 PM

As I Type, sitting in cafeteria at work:
salad with lettuce, cucumbers, cheese, onions, carrots, ranch
Corn medley with yellow, green, and red peppers
Cranberry muffin
UN sweet ice tea
Coffee

Corkey 01-13-2012 06:28 PM

Pan seared chicken breast with kale in a red wine mushroom sauce.
I'm stuffed.

The_Lady_Snow 01-13-2012 06:59 PM

The boy made:

Home Made Pizza, cheese for the Worm, and Hawaiian for us....

Salad!

JustJo 01-13-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 503913)

Salad!

Great minds think alike....Hawaiian pizza for me tonight....beef and olive for Rooster....and Mom stole 2 slices of mine!

Alas, ours was delivered, not homemade. :(

The_Lady_Snow 01-13-2012 07:05 PM

Decisions...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJo (Post 503916)
Great minds think alike....Hawaiian pizza for me tonight....beef and olive for Rooster....and Mom stole 2 slices of mine!

It was between that or a BBQ chicken pizza, I requested the Hawaiian, the glutton in me wanted both....

:|

SnackTime 01-13-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 503913)

Salad!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJo (Post 503916)

Wanting Hawaiian pizza now

Will have

Chicken, bean, and rice burritos

:blah:

buttercupmuffin 01-13-2012 07:49 PM

We had chicken and spinach pizza!:thumbsup:

GPS 01-13-2012 08:10 PM

turkey on whole wheat, lettuce tomato and mayo

sea salt/cracked pepper kettle chips

apple juice

Blade 01-13-2012 10:16 PM