Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Beer "Whats your Taste" (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5166)

Okiebug61 06-09-2012 02:51 PM

Beer "Whats your Taste"

When summer comes along my taste for beer gears up. I love beer and basically any kind of beer. Being in Oklahoma we have to go to the liquor store to get real beer and then wait for it to cool down.

I've been drinking PBR lately and I am liking it more an more. I'm usually into the dark stouts such as Guinness because it has nitrogen that creates smaller bubbles and you don't get full as quickly.

My top 5 would be as follows!

Dark Stouts
Bock Beers
Pilsner Beers
Ale Beers
Lager Beers

I don't much care for wheat beers because of the sweetness. I'll have a few every once in awhile but I can not drink them while at the lake all day.

So what are the colds ones you like to partake in?

Blade 06-09-2012 02:56 PM

WOW can't believe we didn't already have this thread....headed to a cookout will be back to post....and naaa I won't be drinking any beer at the cookout

princessbelle 06-09-2012 03:17 PM

Not a beer drinker...

EXCEPT...

When i'm on vacation...i absolutely LOVE and HAVE to have Michelob in the bottle. At least once or it's just not a real vacation.

Something about Micky and vacations. ;)

Princess 06-09-2012 03:25 PM

Generally speaking I am not a beer drinker. That being said, it changes in the summer months :) There is something about being at a barbeque, or camp fire...and having a nice cold bottle... My favorites are Leinenkugels Summer Shandy, Shock Top and Fat Tire! Yum.

aishah 06-09-2012 03:31 PM

i don't drink beer - i'm more of a liquor and occasionally wine femme - but i do like hard cider and hard lemonade :) woodchucks are my more recent obsession.

Blade 06-09-2012 08:57 PM

I absolutely love beer. Especially in the summer, there is nothing that compares to an ice cold beer. I use to keep a cooler full of ice and beer on the porch all summer long. The thing is in summer I sweat like a mule so I can drink about as much beer as I want to and not get a buzz. I don't care for the buzz anyway but I love the taste of beer. My pick of the litter is Coors Lite and Michelob Lite.

Sadly I have become allergic to something in the beer, maybe hops or something I don't know what so I don't drink beer anymore.

miss entycing 06-09-2012 09:07 PM

love love love.

Lowenbrau
Heineken
Corona
Fat Tire
Sam Adams Pale Ale is pretty yummy too.
:)

but sadly, nothing compares to Jack.. straight up, and chilled well.
:sunglass:

Ranger Butch Force 06-09-2012 10:30 PM

I love Red Stripe, but most of the time I drink PBR.

NorCalStud 06-09-2012 11:22 PM

last 20yrs.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Last 40 years
Tecate con limon

Okiebug61 06-10-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 599678)
I absolutely love beer. Especially in the summer, there is nothing that compares to an ice cold beer. I use to keep a cooler full of ice and beer on the porch all summer long. The thing is in summer I sweat like a mule so I can drink about as much beer as I want to and not get a buzz. I don't care for the buzz anyway but I love the taste of beer. My pick of the litter is Coors Lite and Michelob Lite.

Sadly I have become allergic to something in the beer, maybe hops or something I don't know what so I don't drink beer anymore.

Hey Blade. While I have never tried any of the following you might want to see if any are available in your area. Let us know if any are and you can be are Gluten Free Beer Critic :-).

http://www.wheat-free.org/wheat-gluten-free-beer.html

Okiebug61 06-10-2012 08:31 AM

"Fat Tire" Beer Cheese Soup

For all you Fat Tire fans. Check out this soup recipe.

http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detai...a-316256a7b0ee

Chancie 06-10-2012 08:34 AM

We had it on our first date.

http://toolmonger.com/wp-content/upl...ansettBeer.jpg

Okiebug61 06-10-2012 08:36 AM

Dressed or Undressed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCS (Post 599734)
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Last 40 years
Tecate con limon

How do you like your Tecate's or any other Mexican Beer. I prefer mine fully dressed, gotta have the lime meat and salt.

Okiebug61 06-10-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancie (Post 599845)

Dang we can't get this here. I would have to have it sent to a friend in Texas and then bootleg it back home. I have always wanted to be a ridge runner!

morningstar55 06-10-2012 08:47 AM

Okiebug61 06-10-2012 08:47 AM

A Beer Drinkers Dream

This is one of my favorite places to go. Sadly it's almost impossible to get one of these easily.

http://www.bricktownbrewery.com/beer-tap-table

With the Thunder making the NBA finals I imagine the reservations on these tables are long gone.

morningstar55 06-10-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancie (Post 599845)

hmmm i never heard of this one.. may have to try this sometime.. wonder if i can get it around buffalo somewhere. will have to keep an eye out for it. :)

The JD 06-10-2012 08:50 AM

My favorite commercial beer is Fuller's ESB. When I was in London some years ago, I looked for a Fuller's pub, to no avail. But I take it on draught here in the States whenever I can find it.

I brew my own beer- I brew ales and stouts/porters. I've got a CO2 system (or in the case of stout, nitrogen), but I also bottle some of each batch to give away. I don't brew lagers- fermentation for ales occurs at room temperature, but lager fermentation must be refrigerated- I'm not buying a refrigerator for that (or giving up room in mine to fit 5 gallons of fermenting beer!). Luckily, my own taste is for ales, so it works out. I've got a batch of porter on hand- my next batch will be a red ale.

Oh, and I just checked- there are gluten-free beer kits! I'll put that on the brew list. :)

Chancie 06-10-2012 08:51 AM

Even here, where it's local, people are surprised when I order Naragansett. We often sit on my front steps and share one after a few hours of gardening. I prefer light beer in general.

Okiebug61 06-10-2012 08:57 AM

Free Homemade Beer

Quote:

Originally Posted by The JD (Post 599856)
My favorite commercial beer is Fuller's ESB. When I was in London some years ago, I looked for a Fuller's pub, to no avail. But I take it on draught here in the States whenever I can find it.

I brew my own beer- I brew ales and stouts/porters. I've got a CO2 system (or in the case of stout, nitrogen), but I also bottle some of each batch to give away. I don't brew lagers- fermentation for ales occurs at room temperature, but lager fermentation must be refrigerated- I'm not buying a refrigerator for that (or giving up room in mine to fit 5 gallons of fermenting beer!). Luckily, my own taste is for ales, so it works out. I've got a batch of porter on hand- my next batch will be a red ale.

Oh, and I just checked- there are gluten-free beer kits! I'll put that on the brew list. :)

Yee Haw! When's the party. Sounds great. I have wanted to make my own beer but I simply do not have the time.