Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Building Community On Butchfemmeplanet.com (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   getting to know you..... Give me ONE ........ (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8289)

bibbs 08-29-2018 04:32 PM

I Love foreign film, and I hope I have posted this in the correct place.

girl_dee 08-29-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibbs (Post 1223514)

Yes you have and welcome to the Planet!

girl_dee 08-29-2018 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheatToast (Post 1223510)
I don't know how she did it exactly, because she's way too butch for my taste, but I am obsessed with Rachel Maddow. It started when she held her hands up to make a gesture, and they were so handsome, graceful, and her fingers were the length of paper towel tubes. Not that that matters. Okay, maybe a little.

If you have to be obsessed with someone, Rachel isn’t bad.

WheatToast 08-29-2018 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1136214)
I was in accident when i was in my early 20's and i saw my life flash before my eyes. It was a short film but wow it happened!

When I was 5, I was with my mom and sister driving by a reservoir and we saw a UFO hovering over the water. It was so matter of fact--we just said, "Oh, look!" We told my dad when we got home and he just rolled his eyes.
Then when I was about 28, my sister and I were driving late one night in the country and another UFO was hovering over my left front windshield. I was driving, and it was a fast sports car, so I said let's lose this guy so I floored it and the UFO stayed in the exact same spot, and we freaked out so I did a U turn and raced back to my house and when I turned a sharp right into my driveway, the UFO took a sharp left, went straight up and was just a speck in the sky within seconds.
I wrote to Whitley Streiber, who authored "Communion" about his alien abduction, and I drew a picture of the UFO and wrote out the details, and he replied. He was so blase--"Yep, that was a UFO all right." :eek:

JDeere 08-29-2018 09:36 PM

I once had a orange mohawk when I was in my early 20's!

WheatToast 08-29-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easygoingfemme (Post 1137399)
I could SOOO get behind a setup like that...

Me too! Maybe a duplex, but I'd need my own zone that was off limits and she'd have one, too. I'm not a snoopy person, but so many people are--I love my privacy, especially with journals--that's where I write stuff that might offend someone, in or out of context.

WheatToast 08-29-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1137615)
Yup Throw Pillows? We Butches Don't Need No Stinkin Throw Pillows"....

They annoy me. They don't make any sense to me! My ex used to stack them all over the bed and it took forever to get them cleared so I could get in bed. And don't even mention the couch. :fastdraq:

JDeere 08-30-2018 03:24 AM

I like the smell of leather wallets.

Esme nha Maire 08-30-2018 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheatToast (Post 1223511)
I don't do math recreationally, but I'm 5'8" and I love lil' snack-sized women.

How I wish I were snack-sized! Always did, but at 20 I was just shy of 6ft tall. No fair, I wanted (and still want) to be small enough to sit on laps without making the lap owner wince in pain! Gravity having taken its toll, I'm now a little over 5ft 10, so at this rate, let's see, I should be my preferred height by the age of 140, but I'll look like a wrinkled beach-ball by then. :-(

girl_dee 08-30-2018 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheatToast (Post 1223544)
When I was 5, I was with my mom and sister driving by a reservoir and we saw a UFO hovering over the water. It was so matter of fact--we just said, "Oh, look!" We told my dad when we got home and he just rolled his eyes.
Then when I was about 28, my sister and I were driving late one night in the country and another UFO was hovering over my left front windshield. I was driving, and it was a fast sports car, so I said let's lose this guy so I floored it and the UFO stayed in the exact same spot, and we freaked out so I did a U turn and raced back to my house and when I turned a sharp right into my driveway, the UFO took a sharp left, went straight up and was just a speck in the sky within seconds.
I wrote to Whitley Streiber, who authored "Communion" about his alien abduction, and I drew a picture of the UFO and wrote out the details, and he replied. He was so blase--"Yep, that was a UFO all right." :eek:

Wow! ..........

WheatToast 08-30-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire (Post 1223567)
How I wish I were snack-sized! Always did, but at 20 I was just shy of 6ft tall. No fair, I wanted (and still want) to be small enough to sit on laps without making the lap owner wince in pain! Gravity having taken its toll, I'm now a little over 5ft 10, so at this rate, let's see, I should be my preferred height by the age of 140, but I'll look like a wrinkled beach-ball by then. :-(

Well, woman does not live by snacks alone! Sometimes we all need a banquet!

homoe 08-30-2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibbs (Post 1223514)

Thanks for your post!

Perhaps you'd like to start a thread for them? I've searched and there isn't one yet.......:movieguy:

homoe 08-30-2018 01:54 PM

I have an extremely low tolerance for standing in any sort of line!

It's unfortunate that the film festivals in Seattle delight in this! Herding up the ticket holders and then having them form lines extending half way around the block!

kittygrrl 08-30-2018 02:37 PM

i love mushrooms in almost everything

Gemme 08-30-2018 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1223636)

It's unfortunate that the film festivals in Seattle delight in this! Herding up the ticket holders and then having them form lines extending half way around the block!

Welcome to the world, homoe. We spend about 6 months of our lives waiting in lines.

I'm full of useless trivia, btw.

TL1 08-31-2018 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1223636)

Me too! So many times I went to run an errand and pulled in to a crowded parking space and said nope! And pulled right back out.......

It’s like torture. I try to do things when they first open.

girl_dee 09-06-2018 07:36 AM

On days when I wake up super early, I end up running late because I do too much or procrastinate getting ready, then I RUSH trying to get out of the door on time.

Someone told me that was a symptom of ADD, but I think I am just not good at organizing my time.

Lyte 09-06-2018 11:45 AM

There was a time... :blush: … many years ago... that I could sing you the entire score to Evita... the original Evita with Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin. Same applies to Camelot … the one with Julie Andrews and Richard Burton. And of course... ditto with the The Sound Of Music. lol :p

Mopsie 09-06-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1224236)
On days when I wake up super early, I end up running late because I do too much or procrastinate getting ready, then I RUSH trying to get out of the door on time.

Someone told me that was a symptom of ADD, but I think I am just not good at organizing my time.

I think it might be a you say Tom-ay-toes I say Tom-ah-toes kind of thing.... Because not organizing your time well is a symptom of ADD. :blink:

See #5 under "inattention" section here.

I should mention that I have some ADD issues which is how I know this!

girl_dee 09-16-2018 07:39 PM

i love reading reviews on businesses