Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fine Wine: Folks Over 50 (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   What do you feel "too old" for? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3692)

Abigail Crabby 08-18-2011 04:34 AM

I thought about it some more......

There are some things I'm too old for.

Drama.

The all about me people.

People who only see what's in it for them.

Broken promises

I guess all the above = Drama

StillettoDoll 08-18-2011 05:08 AM

Smoking cigarettes which I just quit, learning ballet, mini shirts and short shorts, having children, junk food,
gymnastics .

Venus007 08-18-2011 05:26 AM

Pain for nothing

Kobi 08-18-2011 05:51 AM

I am too old to tolerate the bullshit.

Dominique 08-18-2011 06:35 AM

I was coming on here to say I'm too old for Drama. But I see it's been well spoken for.

theoddz 08-18-2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tapu (Post 400346)
I just wonder.... Could theOddz, Anya, and I have ever met up? I hit those bars in every town you named.

Think back:

I tended bar at the Flame for about a year and a half.
I tended bar at the Dinah Shore open, can't remember what year.
I worked door guard at the Boom-Boom Room, wearing a vintage leather jacket. (Laguna Beach, mostly men's bar. Had full aquariums under the bar so that when you leaned your elbows on it, you were staring down at tropical fish! Hard to forget that....)

Does any of this ring a bell? Probably not, but it would be cool if so.

Hey, I wonder if AARP ever holds any parties there.... :p

Hey, last I heard and saw, the Flame is still there, tho it wasn't when I was running around back then. I think it came a few years later. There was also The Box Office, which is also no longer there. Does anyone remember a bar called "Hoop's Coop" in Garden Grove?? It was a small place with a pool table or two and a lot of dykes!! :D

No wonder bar hopping to/from lesbian bars in San Diego, back in the late 70's and 80's had us all out all night....hell, all weekend!!! We used to cap it off with softball games in Balboa Park on Sunday afternoons, complete with picnic lunches. :thumbsup:

Oh, and I'm too old for arm wrestling matches with the Navy women. We Women Marines used to do that back then, but I'm too old for that now. :winky:

~Theo~ :bouquet:

JustJo 08-18-2011 07:38 AM

A few things....
  • reading the small print without my glasses
  • hearing anything in spaces with lots of background noise, competing voices, or if you're just standing behind me
  • waitressing, bartending or anything else that involves long hours on my feet
  • jobs without vacations and benefits

MissPriss 08-18-2011 11:32 AM

Today was a very hard day at work so as of now my body feels way too old for job!! Also, my neice is trying her best to drag me to a party. Really? When Im all beat up with cracked ribs that are most likely in worse shape than they were on the initial break lol. This child wants me to go to a party full of twenty somethings.....She is an amazing soul thinkin her Auntie is just the coolest most IN thing ever. Gotta love her!

Red Dirt Girl 08-18-2011 05:36 PM

I feel too old to learn to surf.
I don't feel old enough to know that maybe I'm not.

Strappie 08-18-2011 05:44 PM

As someone pointed out.... I'm too OLD for Sugar!! I only drink sugarless Kool-aid... *grin*

Venus007 08-19-2011 06:43 PM

Ennui
Body shame
Failing to suck the marrow

QueenofSmirks 08-19-2011 07:13 PM

I'm too old for Drama

Scorp 08-19-2011 07:27 PM

Shazam!

Underoos...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...OGRv4_Zxuj9sbP

girl_dee 08-19-2011 07:29 PM

today's music,,, it's just NOISE. ahem.

deb_U_taunt 08-20-2011 09:14 AM

I am too old to work over 70 hours a week, anymore.

JazzGirl 08-25-2011 10:19 AM

To parent to a full grown adult. I do not mean one of my own full grown adult children, that is different. Well, done differently, now.

For an instant relationship after three dates. :seeingstars:

To not put myself first in a healthy, functional way always. I am surprised at how many do not do so, including me, before realizing it is the only way to be happy. I am not espousing selfish, dysfunctional response, I am saying self must be an important part of ANY relationship. Thank goodness for AlAnon. :)

:moonstars:

bigbutchmistie 08-25-2011 07:45 PM

I feel too old for :

Drama

Dating Games

Children

Partying/ Clubbing

deb_U_taunt 08-25-2011 07:57 PM

I am too old to not know that I don't know as much as I would like to think I do.

Dante 08-25-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anya/Georgia (Post 400197)
Yes I do remember all if them. I went to the Executive Suite frequently because it was close to OC. It is/was in Long Beach-a few years ago drove by @ night saw a group of younger lesbians hanging around outside. They reminded me of my former self. It may still be there. I used to go there a lot.

I have been wracking my brains trying to remember the lesbian bar in Garden Grove, a dive, that all the OC lesbians went to.

I went once, by myself, when I first came out. All the older butches were hanging around by the back door-looked me up and down in my femme heels, etc., laughing saying: "well, well, what DO we have here?" Kind of like I was lost in the wrong place.

Memories...

are you thinking of The Happy Hour ???

JazzGirl 08-26-2011 08:49 AM

Another massive hurricane. :praying: for all of us on the East coast.

I think I am too old to become a bitch. I simply do not know how.

:moonstars: