Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Trans Zone (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   "Becoming Chaz" (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3113)

DapperButch 04-23-2011 11:29 AM

"Becoming Chaz"

http://www.oprah.com/own/OWN-Sneak-Peek-Becoming-Chaz

Scorp 04-23-2011 11:42 AM

Awesome. I can't wait to see this. I'm marking my calendar as a reminder this will be on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 325680)

Quintease 04-30-2011 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 325680)

She's not coping is she, really. You'd think she'd be more open-minded as she was the one who was dancing on stage naked while Chaz was still a child.

Abigail Crabby 04-30-2011 07:53 AM

I'm looking forward to watching this -

I am saddened at Cher's attitude - As Chaz's Mother one would think she would embrace changes that would make her son feel complete.

justkim 04-30-2011 07:57 AM

What I find interesting is that almost every Drag Queen in America wants to be her and she has no problem with that. Yet, her son wants to be himself and she has a problem with that...Perhaps it has to do with the lime light now being on Chaz instead of her?
Just a thought to ponder...

Miss Scarlett 04-30-2011 08:07 AM

Please note that Cher is going though an adjustment too. Chaz summed it up when he said "It's hard for moms." i think she is being open minded and supportive; she merely stated her preference for this to be done privately and her concerns for her child's health.

Remember we will get a better understanding of things when the show airs and we can see the comments in context rather than the clips and sound bites put together for the preview.

Strappie 04-30-2011 08:30 AM

Think about this.....

Have you ever been with someone and they always got Chocolate Ice cream (never anything else) So you always bought them Choc. One day she tells you to get Vanilla and you "QUESTION" the vanilla choice and then ask all the questions such as.. What Why? Why Change after all this time? and so on........ Not a big deal, but some of us make it a big deal. Doesn't seem like a very big deal to be "questioning" something to trivial now does it?

Chaz has had his whole life to "think about this" Cher has only had a few years... How long did it take Chaz to figure out he was going to transition? He certainly didn't decide this over night. Cher certainly can't decide over night about her feelings either. I can't imagine what mom's go through, it can't be easy knowing she raised a daughter her entire life and now that child wants to be a man. They need time to adjust and adapt as well. Some take as much time it took the person to transition. I can't bash on Cher for that. She is open minded I think she will come around.

Just my two cents....

Strappie 04-30-2011 08:40 AM

I would also like to add....

BRAVO to Chaz for being brave enough to step in front of the camera's to shed some light on this subject and bring awareness to the trans community!!

Rockinonahigh 04-30-2011 09:24 AM

I really wish I could watch the whole show ,but I dont get that chanel,it wil be intresting to watch for shure.

Lost_punk_boi 04-30-2011 11:10 PM

Thank you for sharing this link! I had heard about it, but not much! That is sooo amazing!!! But why the Oprah Network tho?!?!?!

wolfbittenpoet 05-01-2011 09:42 AM

I think I am going to be forced to watch OWN. But I am glad it'll be on. One of the things I think is hurting Cher the most is that as Chaz transitions he looks more and more like his father.

Strappie 05-01-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost_punk_boi (Post 330759)
Thank you for sharing this link! I had heard about it, but not much! That is sooo amazing!!! But why the Oprah Network tho?!?!?!

To me it don't matter what network it is... It's on!! It's the only network I 'm sure that would take it on.

Andrew, Jr. 05-01-2011 01:59 PM

It should be interesting to watch.

Elijah 05-01-2011 02:02 PM

It is really hard to listen to Cher call him, "she/her", but I have an understanding of how hard it is for families who have known you as one thing for XX number of years to shift their thinking.

I watch My family struggle, too.

I hope she opens herself to a deeper understanding of her son.

~Elijah

Ms. Tabitha 05-01-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 325684)
Awesome. I can't wait to see this. I'm marking my calendar as a reminder this will be on.

T and I are excited about watching the show as well. We have emailed our families with the date and network information.
I hope the show helps my family, especially my birth mom, have a better understanding of what T went through on his own journey.

(f)

Jess 05-09-2011 05:15 PM

BUMP... reminder... tomorrow night 9:00 PM EST on OWN network.. also, just before it at 8:00 is Our America with Lisa Ling focusing on the lives of five transgendered people.

princessbelle 05-09-2011 05:17 PM

Oh ty Jess for the reminder!!! It will be a great show.

Jess 05-09-2011 05:18 PM

NP :) Caught most of the interview on Oprah this afternoon. Very well done.

StillettoDoll 05-09-2011 05:18 PM

I just finished watching Chaz and his girlfriend on Oprah today. It was really good . They seem sweet , wish they could come to the reunion.
Just saying....

princessbelle 05-09-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillettoDoll (Post 335819)
I just finished watching Chaz and his girlfriend on Oprah today. It was really good . They seem sweet , wish they could come to the reunion.
Just saying....

Ohhhhhhhhh wonderful idea!!!!!!! Heck stranger things have happened. They may be all for it. Who knows huh.