Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

GeorgiaMa'am 11-20-2020 06:59 PM

Leftovers:

- half a Reuben sandwich
- sweet potato souffle

Stone-Butch 11-21-2020 11:07 AM

Dinner

Strip loin and salad. Ice tea

gurlnextdoor 11-21-2020 02:52 PM

Roasted veggies, lemon chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy.

I might have to eat for two tonight. I might be in trouble. I have not eaten all day except for a piece of breakfast cake, two peppermint patties and some carmel corn. Syr will not be pleased.

Bèsame* 11-21-2020 08:30 PM

Sliced filet over a spinach salad. Lots of avacado and a little corn and cheese.

Water with bubbles

GeorgiaMa'am 11-22-2020 08:53 AM

An eccentric meal - a friend hosted a small Alice In Wonderland themed late tea:

- Lemonade with purple ice balls that turned the lemonade pink as they melted, with garnish of mint leaves and edible glitter
- Eggs Benedict
- Assorted macaroons - coconut/saffron, rose water, and lavender
- Pralines
- Jello with blueberries and dried cherries soaked in brandy

It was very psychedelic.

Chad 11-22-2020 11:02 AM

Dinner

Pork chops, sweet potatoes, and yellow squash. Mom's favorite.

:linecook:

Stone-Butch 11-22-2020 05:07 PM

Dinner

Chicken strips and potato puffs. Ice tea.

RebelDyke 11-22-2020 07:16 PM

I splurged. Since school started, I have been doing fast food crap. Tonight I made steaks and jumbo shrimp. It was a very good choice and a nice step away from the fast food joints.

I also found a new website for interesting new recipes. I am looking forward to making something from there.

GeorgiaMa'am 11-22-2020 07:44 PM

- 2 granola bars
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 2 macaroons

C0LLETTE 11-22-2020 08:00 PM

I've always loved macaroons but never knew that not all macaroons were macarons:

"Macarons and macaroons differ in their main ingredient, which for macarons is almond meal, and macaroons is shredded coconut. ... Macarons are available in countless flavors and colors. Coconut macaroons are made from shredded coconut held together by egg whites and granulated sugar."

Now I know but I still can't make them.

PlatinumPearl 11-22-2020 08:02 PM

Dinner...

Potatoes with lemon and dill, broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts.

GeorgiaMa'am 11-22-2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1278363)
I've always loved macaroons but never knew that not all macaroons were macarons:

"Macarons and macaroons differ in their main ingredient, which for macarons is almond meal, and macaroons is shredded coconut. ... Macarons are available in countless flavors and colors. Coconut macaroons are made from shredded coconut held together by egg whites and granulated sugar."

Now I know but I still can't make them.

Now I know too! I had no idea there was a difference. I can't make them either - I've heard about the kids bursting into tears on _Junior Chef_ with Gordon Ramsey. I don't even want to try. But I am also unwilling to pay $2 apiece. I'm lucky to have a friend that likes to bake.

C0LLETTE 11-22-2020 08:18 PM

Too much info?

"So why are macarons so difficult to make? ... French macaroons are incredibly sensitive to moisture above everything. This is why some recipes call for "ageing egg whites" as when egg whites get old they loose some moisture.

Aside from a few wayward crumbs, eating a macaron should be clean. Filling shouldn't squish out of the cookie nor should it leave much residue on your teeth. ... The cookie's texture beneath the crust should be light, just a little chewy, and soft, but not so soft that it's mushy. It's okay if the cookie looks "uncooked."

If your macarons don't have feet, it could be because your batter is too wet. Make sure you're using aged egg whites and avoid adding liquid flavoring and coloring. Most likely the reason for underdeveloped feet is because your macarons did not develop a skin before baking."

Stone-Butch 11-23-2020 12:36 PM

Dinner

Pasta with alfredo sauce, chopped broccoli and small ring of cooked shrimp thawed. Ice tea.

Ok moe an easy one for you , you will love. I chose fettuccine as my pasta, one bottle of alfredo sauce, chopped steamed broccoli and one ring of thawed cooked shrimp. NOW you will love it and it will take you no time at all. Just boil the pasta, dump the water, heat the sauce, steam broccoli and throw the thawed shrimp in the fry pan for one minute to heat up and add. You can shake on some parm. cheese if you feel the need plus some salt and pepper.

GeorgiaMa'am 11-23-2020 07:30 PM

- a pork chop and gravy biscuit left over from breakfast
- applesauce

Stone-Butch 11-24-2020 01:56 PM

Dinner

Oven baked bbq ribs and potato puffs.

Gemme 11-24-2020 09:54 PM

It was half of an avocado ranch salad, a banana with a big schmear of reduced fat peanut butter and a Honeycrisp apple with water to drink.

Orema 11-25-2020 05:08 AM

Last night I had wings in the air fryer and a wedge salad with blue cheese dressing. I was still hungry and later had some peanut butter on low carb tortilla.

GeorgiaMa'am 11-25-2020 07:46 PM

- sesame chicken
- steamed rice
- egg roll
- fortune cookie

Gemme 11-26-2020 08:51 AM

Rerun last night: half of an avocado ranch salad kit with some grilled chicken plus 3 prunes and some water.