Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Do You Wanna Dance? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5174)

Metro 06-10-2012 07:47 PM

Do You Wanna Dance?

Anybody out there enjoy social (couples) dancing? If so, let us know the many ways you like to shake it!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance020.gif

grenade 06-10-2012 08:27 PM

that's mighty fancy dancin' there. We just kinda get close and grind here.

Metro 06-10-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grenade (Post 600227)
that's mighty fancy dancin' there. We just kinda get close and grind here.

All the better!

Luv 06-10-2012 09:27 PM

Im at the age if I shook it something might pop outta place,,lol,,but I still love to watch dancing,,sure miss it tho !

pajama 06-10-2012 10:43 PM

I love couple dancing. When I lived in Memphis there was a gay square dance group, I loved learning to square dance then. Much better than in Elementary school. Regrettably, I have only had one partner that knew how to do several different couple dances. I also love watching a well paired couple.

cara 06-10-2012 10:51 PM

For my birthday this year, I went to a queer tango "malanga," which is like a dancing party. It was sooo much fun dancing and learning the basics of tango! Once I'm back in Seattle and have a little more time on my hands, I'd like to go back and take some more lessons. Totally fun!

:)

Rope 06-13-2012 09:45 PM

The Tango---the hottest and sexiest couples dance.

aishah 06-13-2012 09:49 PM

most of the dancing i know how to do is solo (ballet, lyrical, etc.) or grinding...but i love learning different versions of the hustle/shuffle :) i'd love to learn some other kinds of partner dancing.

Maria 06-15-2012 08:28 AM

No merengue? Que lastima!

wolfsgirl 06-15-2012 09:06 AM

I was a competitive ballroom and Latin dancer for years, I also taught for a while.
Unfortunately my partner doesn't dance. Well, not on the dance floor.

Metro 06-15-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maria (Post 602359)
No merengue? Que lastima!

........ ˇperdón! ........

:doh:

LeftWriteFemme 06-15-2012 08:28 PM

I wish.........but I can't dance.....sigh

genghisfawn 06-15-2012 10:01 PM

If you live in Saskatchewan, you have country cousins. If you have country cousins, those cousins tend to get hitched. When those cousins get hitched (not to each other... mostly... you know...) they tend to have a wedding which features enough food to feed a small city and dancing which goes long into the night.

If you're not on your feet by the time the band strikes up or the DJ starts, your favourite uncle or cousin will be along soon to get you up for a waltz, two-step, polka (very common in my family), schottische or lindy. This is common enough that social dancing still features heavily in elementary and high school phys ed!

When I was younger, my mother and I used to practice social dancing in the kitchen on Thursday nights when the oldies channel played dance music (probably for that sole purpose.) Both of my grandfathers and all of my uncles are strong leads but, being a tall girl, I had to learn to lead too!

Fancy 06-20-2012 08:03 PM

I'll throw a couple more to the list (my personal favs):
Foxtrot
West Coast Swing

<3 to partner dance!

starryeyes 06-20-2012 10:02 PM

Nerdboi and I can do a pretty mean Cupid Shuffle.. LMAO :-D

Nerdboi 06-20-2012 10:09 PM

Starryeyes don't tell anyone, you'll ruin my reputation lol jk.

DMW 06-21-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fancy (Post 604718)
I'll throw a couple more to the list (my personal favs):
Foxtrot
West Coast Swing

<3 to partner dance!

Yeah, where is the foxtrot and the cha cha ?

cha cha cha

ForeverBlue 06-21-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genghisfawn (Post 602664)
If you live in Saskatchewan, you have country cousins. If you have country cousins, those cousins tend to get hitched. When those cousins get hitched (not to each other... mostly... you know...) they tend to have a wedding which features enough food to feed a small city and dancing which goes long into the night.

If you're not on your feet by the time the band strikes up or the DJ starts, your favourite uncle or cousin will be along soon to get you up for a waltz, two-step, polka (very common in my family), schottische or lindy. This is common enough that social dancing still features heavily in elementary and high school phys ed!

When I was younger, my mother and I used to practice social dancing in the kitchen on Thursday nights when the oldies channel played dance music (probably for that sole purpose.) Both of my grandfathers and all of my uncles are strong leads but, being a tall girl, I had to learn to lead too!

Sounds very much like my childhood being of German descent my grandparents had get togethers every weekend and dancing was at the fore front all the time, polka's, waltz's were learned at a young age, right after skating! :-) thanks for a lil trip down memory lane!

chefhmboyrd 06-21-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftWriteFemme (Post 602638)

That is some great old movie footage.....
Love the dancing........

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverBlue (Post 605238)
Sounds very much like my childhood being of German descent my grandparents had get togethers every weekend and dancing was at the fore front all the time, polka's, waltz's were learned at a young age, right after skating! :-) thanks for a lil trip down memory lane!

I think that is a key element missing in families today, being able to get together and make music and dance. Have some fun and bond.

pajara "When I lived in Memphis there was a gay square dance group"

I love square dancing. it's fun to spin in circles and swing each other around.

Metro 06-21-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMW (Post 605209)
Yeah, where is the foxtrot and the cha cha ?

cha cha cha

Thanks for everyone for filling in the gaps... would edit the Poll but don't see a way to do so.