Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fine Wine: Folks Over 50 (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   The Loft: Butches and Femmes in their 40s, 50s and over. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317)

Cowboi 01-27-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morningstar55 (Post 40284)
evening Lofters............ well....... i ended up bk here in Chicagoland.. *sigh*.. its been snowing and blowing on and off all day today. im parked for the night. and relaxin i even picked up a movie from wallly world..... anyone ever see.. The Last Holiday??? has Queen Latifah in it.... i like her movies...

I love that movie!!

DELSDAUGHTER 01-27-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

evening Lofters............ well....... i ended up bk here in Chicagoland.. *sigh*.. its been snowing and blowing on and off all day today. im parked for the night. and relaxin i even picked up a movie from wallly world..... anyone ever see.. The Last Holiday??? has Queen Latifah in it.... i like her movies...

that was a cute movie.......i love me some Queen L

morningstar55 01-27-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DELSDAUGHTER (Post 40298)
that was a cute movie.......i love me some Queen L

ha.... wow 2 great reviews ...... from Cowboi n Dels .. hah...
Dels.. have ever seen . Queen L's line of bra's and such?? i bought a couple very cute..... lol :)

DELSDAUGHTER 01-27-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morningstar55 (Post 40301)
ha.... wow 2 great reviews ...... from Cowboi n Dels .. hah...
Dels.. have ever seen . Queen L's line of bra's and such?? i bought a couple very cute..... lol :)

yes i have..that is a great line...and she is a fine lesbian too....woot!

WolfyOne 01-27-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

I like that movie and so does R.

When you going to get back our way?
We're do for an ice storm, so don't do it now.

morningstar55 01-27-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 40329)
I like that movie and so does R.

When you going to get back our way?
We're do for an ice storm, so don't do it now.

i dont know when i will be bk that way ... hoping soon . i need a Texas fix.

yikes............ ice storm.?
its snowing here............
:snowballfight:

DELSDAUGHTER 01-27-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morningstar55 (Post 40346)
i dont know when i will be bk that way ... hoping soon . i need a Texas fix.

yikes............ ice storm.?
its snowing here............
:snowballfight:

be careful and be safe

morningstar55 01-27-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DELSDAUGHTER (Post 40359)
be careful and be safe

tanx.. Dels.
this truck stop is very busy...... huge place..
im near the building.... and im gonna watch some tv..... i know im gonna end up falling asleep soon......... sooooo nity nites all

Jude 01-27-2010 09:03 PM

Got you all beat. I'm in my 60s. I was exclusively gay well into my late 20s and then opted for marriage in order to have chidlren. Needless to say, the marriage didn't work out, but I have two lovely, brilliant grown daughters who are good people. Replaced the husband with an 8 lb. shih tzu named Lucy. Guess I am well over the hill. My concepts of gay life are stuck back in the 60s. I'm told that things have changed. Really grateful to have good health, energy and a quest for adventure. Love overseas travel. Not seeking a romantic interlude at this point. Just a few friends/activity partners. Are there any interesting groups for older lesbians in the Washington, DC area? I don't feel old enough to join anything named "Crones" or "Owls". What do mature lesbians do? Anybody tried purchasing a small condo in FL (or somewhere warm) for winters with any success or is that just asking for more responsibility? Just joined. Nice to be here.

Jude 01-27-2010 09:12 PM

What did you think of "Precious". I'm afraid it will be too depressing. Been watching all four seasons of "Dexter" and "Six Feet Under". Shows how deep I am at my age. I think they're both outrageous and been watching like a marathon. Next month, on to the first seasons of "Big Love" about the Mormon fundamentalists.

Jude 01-27-2010 09:44 PM

"I love being my age. I look around and while there are some things I could have done differently, for whatever reason, at the time, I made the best choices I could. No judgment. Acceptance only. Of who I am. Of where I am. In ten years, I'll do things differently, but I hope in the looking back on them, I'll feel similarly as now."

That's a great one. Do you happen to know the source?

Jude 01-27-2010 10:22 PM

Does anyone find themselves missing their childhood friends. I miss my little Joanie more and more as time passes. My dad used to talk about his friends and how much he missed them. At the time I thought it was odd but now I'm doing the same. I wonder why we do that,or am I just one of the few people that get that nostalgic? Is it about getting that unconditional love and caring? Or is it about going back or not facing death or the complexities of life or what?? I have too much time to think today.

I found that interesting and have the same experience. Suspect that the memories that have been in there lurking the longest sometimes leave the strongest imprint. I find myself wondering about childhood friends, casual acquaintances known for a day or two 30 years ago. It's peculiar. I think about the little butch in grade school that I used to play doctor with :-) Agree that it's a strange sense of nostalgia. They say that the truly elderly tend to relive their infancy. I find that frightening, personally.

WolfyOne 01-27-2010 10:33 PM

Jude, welcome to BFP and welcome to The Loft. I hope you make lots of friends and participate in many threads. Heck, you can come to our first reunion and meet many of us in Little Rock. I'm sure some will be coming from your area.

morningstar55 01-28-2010 06:58 AM

heyyy welcome to the Loft Jude....... ha .....

mawning Lofters
its a bitter frozen morning here in Chicagoland....
ill be driving here shortly......
soo hope you all have a wonderful day......

im leaving you all with the song for today.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRt2jX1kaYo"]YouTube- Queen - somebody to love[/ame]

LadyRain 01-28-2010 10:29 AM

whats in da truck whats in da truck???RAIN :rainsing:
Quote:

Originally Posted by morningstar55 (Post 40632)
heyyy welcome to the Loft Jude....... ha .....

mawning Lofters
its a bitter frozen morning here in Chicagoland....
ill be driving here shortly......
soo hope you all have a wonderful day......

im leaving you all with the song for today.

YouTube- Queen - somebody to love

morningstar55 01-29-2010 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain (Post 40697)
whats in da truck whats in da truck???RAIN :rainsing:

haha.... its a secret

hey ya Loft dwellers...... **yawn** update..

ITS FREEEZZINN HERE....
ok..
right now im stuck in MN .. listening to the beep sound cuz my air brakes are froze.. and waiting for a repair guy who does road side serivce..... i think i need some asprins.
*sigh*

its sooooo way past my bed time im tired as hell and well...... ill be in this area for a lil while i guess..

only 1 mile from my delivery too......... bbl

Jet 01-29-2010 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morningstar55 (Post 41168)
haha.... its a secret

ITS FREEEZZINN HERE....
ok..
right now im stuck in MN .. listening to the beep sound cuz my air brakes are froze.. and waiting for a repair guy who does road side serivce..... i think i need some asprins.
*sigh*

that's a drag, roadie

DELSDAUGHTER 01-29-2010 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morningstar55 (Post 41168)
haha.... its a secret

ITS FREEEZZINN HERE....
ok..
*sigh*

its sooooo way past my bed time im tired as hell and well...... ill be in this area for a lil while i guess..

only 1 mile from my delivery too......... bbl

wow ...sorry for your problems...be safe

morningstar55 01-29-2010 01:04 PM

afternoners Dels... and Lofters

dammm according to my ......... log dept.

i cant drive till around 3 30pm.... soo im still stuck here where i droped off the load......

id like to find a verizon store...

c what i mean . about getting a local job.......

i could be doing something more constructive... if i was home.... like like.. ahh

baking cookies........ lol .... i miss doing a lot of that kind of stuff.

i could get some painting done this weekend if i end up stuck here...longer

i need to hunt me a art and crafts store.... im hunting some of them embroidery rings... so i can finish painting this shirt i have here .. im painting a dog on the pocket area and the marterial needs to be stretched.

Soft*Silver 01-29-2010 07:42 PM

my best friend has been my best friend since the first day of first grade. We have suffered through so much together and have lost each other and found each other and support one another and get in each other's faces when we are acting stupid. I am 53. We celebrated together when we could finally get an AARP card!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad (Post 39004)
Does anyone find themselves missing their childhood friends. I miss my little Joanie more and more as time passes. My dad used to talk about his friends and how much he missed them. At the time I thought it was odd but now I'm doing the same. I wonder why we do that,or am I just one of the few people that get that nostalgic? Is it about getting that unconditional love and caring? Or is it about going back or not facing death or the complexities of life or what?? I have too much time to think today.