Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235)

katsarecool 11-05-2010 08:43 PM

Fingers crossed for you Gemme!!!! I finished the actual piece that makes up my project. Now it needs to be reproduced 13 times. The project leader Cara gets the original!!!! Which is considerably larger. :)

Gemme 11-05-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katsarecool (Post 221801)
Fingers crossed for you Gemme!!!! I finished the actual piece that makes up my project. Now it needs to be reproduced 13 times. The project leader Cara gets the original!!!! Which is considerably larger. :)

But not bigger than 5x7, right? That was our size restriction.

Are they going to be 100% copies or will you change a bit up here and there?

Are they shiny?

Are they happy?

<--full of crafty questions tonight

katsarecool 11-05-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 221804)
But not bigger than 5x7, right? That was our size restriction.

Are they going to be 100% copies or will you change a bit up here and there?

Are they shiny?

Are they happy?

<--full of crafty questions tonight

Lol Gemme!!!! I thought they were to be 4x6. Am I wrong? Let me know now before I get started. :) They will be 100 percent copies (or prints in the art world LOL). No not shiny. Hmm I have to think about that happy question. Will ya'll like them? I hope so. Cara's will be 8x11 original artwork. (f)

Diva 11-05-2010 09:51 PM

I thought they were supposed to be postcard sized because Cara's mailbox is teensy~weensy.....

I may have made that up. :eyebat:

cara 11-05-2010 11:46 PM

Gah! My mailbox is tall and narrow. Maybe 3"x3" wide and 9" tall. Diva, I did say standard postcard size (4x6) but no bigger than 5x7. I think 5x7 is even too big for my mailbox, but the post person has been really nice to set packages on the ledge above the mailboxes in the hallway, so larger may be okay.

*crossing fingers*

:stillheart:

cara

katsarecool 11-06-2010 12:42 AM

you have a very nice mailman. What I am sending won't fit. I hope he leaves it by the door! for the other 13 4x6 it is!

Diva 11-06-2010 10:42 AM

OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!!!!!!

I just rec'd my Moleskin Journal for The Sketchbook Project with the Brooklyn Art Library!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SOOOOOO excited to get started...I will be VERY tempted to begin IT before I finish this on~going project with Y'all.....

My theme is "Happy Thoughts" and the tour begins in March.....
Brooklyn
Austin
San Francisco
Seattle
Portland, Maine
Chicago
Winter Park, FL
and
DC

You'll be able to check out my book and look through it! Anyone else here doing this?!? It's so neat a deal!

cara 11-06-2010 12:18 PM

That's so cool, Diva!

I'm not able to join the project this year, but hopefully in the future. Can't wait to see it when it comes to Seattle. :)

:stillheart:

nycfem 11-06-2010 01:46 PM

Purepisces and I are doing it. I have been getting materials together to do mine (I received it too). My theme is rain :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 222130)
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!!!!!!

I just rec'd my Moleskin Journal for The Sketchbook Project with the Brooklyn Art Library!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SOOOOOO excited to get started...I will be VERY tempted to begin IT before I finish this on~going project with Y'all.....

Brooklyn
Austin
San Francisco
Seattle
Portland, Maine
Chicago
Winter Park, FL
and
DC

You'll be able to check out my book and look through it! Anyone else here doing this?!? It's so neat a deal!

Gemme 11-06-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katsarecool (Post 221821)
Lol Gemme!!!! I thought they were to be 4x6. Am I wrong? Let me know now before I get started. :) They will be 100 percent copies (or prints in the art world LOL). No not shiny. Hmm I have to think about that happy question. Will ya'll like them? I hope so. Cara's will be 8x11 original artwork. (f)

Cara's already answered, so I won't reiterate the size stuff, but thank you for answering the rest of my questions. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 222130)
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!
OH!!!!!!

Brooklyn
Austin
San Francisco
Seattle
Portland, Maine
Chicago
Winter Park, FL
and
DC

I might take a peak at your book before deciding for certain. I love the premise of it, I just don't know if I want to give $25 for the book and then let it go (even if I do let them know I want it back, I'm askeered it might not make it back to me in the same condition I sent it out to them, but I'm all Controlling McControlster about that kind of thing).

I know that Jennifer, pure and you are going to do AMAZING work, no matter what!

Gemme 11-06-2010 03:48 PM

Bummer!!!

Found in the Rules Section of the Sketchbook 2011 Project:

Your book

Don't forget that your sketchbook is touring the country with us - we don't want to be stuck in a car with your book if it's covered in hazardous materials or messy art supplies! Please try to avoid the use of ties, random plastic things, art materials that could smudge, glitter, and any hazardous materials.

I think I'm going to pass on this for now as someone was kind enough to let me know that you don't get your work back and now I find out I couldn't use glitter. I like glitter. *pout*

Diva 11-06-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfembbw (Post 222195)
Purepisces and I are doing it. I have been getting materials together to do mine (I received it too). My theme is rain :)

I know! You're the one who got me all jazzed up about it! :) THANK YOU!!! I'm so excited!

amiyesiam 11-06-2010 05:39 PM

my project is more than half done.

Gemme 11-06-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amiyesiam (Post 222349)
my project is more than half done.

My cards have been roughed up and have the first of umpteen coats of paint on them.

Just slightly behind you. :blink:

Diva 11-06-2010 09:16 PM

I know I can look for myself...but does anyone off the tops of their precious little heads know the final count for these things? Is it 13 now? Didn't someone drop out?

If this is the case....then....I'M FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was SO inspired to get these done before next weekend's craziness, that I cleaned off my desk and went AT it! OMG! I didn't care that the cats were climbing all over the shelves and playing with the Mardi Gras beads! I didn't care that Lucy was getting dog hair on my mother's quilt.....I was on a MISSION, by Gay!

This is the sigh of a artisically satisfied woman! <SIGH>
:eyebat:

(Note: I said "artistically"..... )

Gemme 11-06-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 222550)
I know I can look for myself...but does anyone off the tops of their precious little heads know the final count for these things? Is it 13 now? Didn't someone drop out?

If this is the case....then....I'M FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was SO inspired to get these done before next weekend's craziness, that I cleaned off my desk and went AT it! OMG! I didn't care that the cats were climbing all over the shelves and playing with the Mardi Gras beads! I didn't care that Lucy was getting dog hair on my mother's quilt.....I was on a MISSION, by Gay!

This is the sigh of a artisically satisfied woman! <SIGH>
:eyebat:

(Note: I said "artistically"..... )

You're done, missy miss. Miss Pixie had to drop out due to moving and whatnot.

amiyesiam 11-06-2010 10:09 PM

Do any of you have a Micheals Craft store around?
They are carrying Martha Stewarts new score board (youtube it if you don't know what this is)
it costs $20
if you have one of their 40 or 50% off coupons it will be 10 or 12 dollars

I am finding this to be very time saving

amiyesiam 11-06-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 222360)

Just slightly behind you. :blink:

Really? You are?
I keep turning around slowwwwly
but I don't seem to be able to see you.
Are you magik like that?

I am keeping to the size but have lost the concept of post card
though I am on theme
I have one completely done
and the rest have all their components done
and just need to be put together

unless
I add something else

I haz new tools
and will have even
more new tools at christmas
actually am currently sampling christmas presents LOL:blink:

Gemme 11-06-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amiyesiam (Post 222594)
Really? You are?
I keep turning around slowwwwly
but I don't seem to be able to see you.
Are you magik like that?

I am keeping to the size but have lost the concept of post card
though I am on theme
I have one completely done
and the rest have all their components done
and just need to be put together

unless
I add something else

I haz new tools
and will have even
more new tools at christmas
actually am currently sampling christmas presents LOL:blink:

I'm all kinds of magic. :blink:

Tommi 11-06-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 222555)
You're done, missy miss. Miss Pixie had to drop out due to moving and whatnot.

pixie is moving her what? not? :police: