Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

Mopsie 01-09-2021 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 1279927)
I had a small piece of sweet chili chicken breast, a salad quinoa, a few bites of a chicken-walnut-balsamic salad, grilled mixed veggies and water. That was all fine and good but then I got the munchies so I had a 1 ounce bag of plantain chips and a Halo then a honey crisp apple followed by more water and then some apple vinegar kettle chips. They were my downfall and so easy to keep nibbling on!

At least it was only a little bit of chips - I have a serious chip addiction and cannot keep them in the house. (Can't stop without eating the whole bag.) You go girl!

Stone-Butch 01-09-2021 05:33 PM

Dinner

A huge slab of poached salmon and a side of steamed greens. Coffee.

homoe 01-09-2021 05:36 PM

~
Yup you guessed it. leftover pizza.....:eating:

Bčsame* 01-09-2021 07:40 PM

Gemme 01-09-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mopsie (Post 1279936)
At least it was only a little bit of chips - I have a serious chip addiction and cannot keep them in the house. (Can't stop without eating the whole bag.) You go girl!

Ohhhh, I love them too. I just make sure before I bring anything into the house that it's within an acceptable range for my sugar. That's been helpful. I thought for sure I'd see the evidence of last night's snacking on the scale this morning but it was steady. No spike!

Also, I made a typo. They are apple cider vinegar kettle chips and they are very good. Plus the family that owns the company donates to charities that influence their family. It's a taste good, feel better chip!

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1279950)
~
Yup you guessed it. leftover pizza.....:eating:

I do miss pizza.

Tonight, I had an eggplant cutlet, the rest of the chicken balsamic pecan and walnut salad (it was only supposed to have one type of nut but someone got generous), a Honey Crisp apple, a Halo and a ton of chips. I taste tested most of my new snacks. A little bit of this and a little bit of that does add up but I have no regrets. I had the apple cider vinegar chips, coconut and plantain chips, a variety of root veggie chips and straight up plantain chips. None of them have added sugars and, for me, I think that makes all the difference in how I process them. It was all delicious! Plenty of water to drink as well.

cinnamongrrl 01-09-2021 09:07 PM

Take out from a favorite local restaurant.

I had rattlesnake pasta

He had loaded potato pizza.

Neither are very healthy, but they went well with watching football 🏈

Chad 01-09-2021 09:44 PM

Dinner

Texas chili and sweet cornbread. Yum.

:eating:

Gráinne 01-10-2021 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am (Post 1279892)
I love plain, white bread. And you're right, FSF, it is not easy to do well. Mine does not consistently turn out the way I want it, and I've been baking bread for almost 50 years.

Mostly leftovers tonight, but they sure were good:

- fried chicken
- braised cabbage
- skillet fried corn
- Hawai'ian roll
- iced tea with lots of lemon

Although I have (and use) a bread machine, there's nothing quite like getting in there and making a loaf the handmade way. Difficult to get just right, without making a sponge or a brick.

Gráinne 01-10-2021 06:41 PM

Homemade chicken-noodle soup in the crockpot, from a recipe on the broth box. It had to crock all day; so far, so good.

Cherry tomatoes, which I got into and ate too soon.

Cheesecake bars (from a coworker's recipe)

One aim of 2021 is to try new things, whether or not they work out. That also includes picking up my Russian again :).

GeorgiaMa'am 01-10-2021 08:24 PM

- big lima beans in ham bone broth
- ham
- flan

Stone-Butch 01-10-2021 09:48 PM

Dinner

Baked breaded pork chop (bone in), beet salad. Ice tea.

Gemme 01-10-2021 09:49 PM

I had a black bean burger on an Artesano bun. Organic romaine, avocado oil mayo, dill pickle chips and pepper jack cheese were my flavor enhancers and did quite well. I also had some quinoa salad, a Halo, 2 Honey Crisp apples and some chips. Once again, I took a little of this and a little of that and had a good ole snack fest. Plenty of water to drink.

homoe 01-11-2021 01:01 PM

~~
Tonight it'll be a roasted chicken and mashed potatoes!

We'll let Costco do the heavy lifting......:giggle:

Bčsame* 01-11-2021 03:22 PM

pulled pork in the oven, roasting in beer, real slow...

Gemme 01-11-2021 08:58 PM

What did I NOT have is the real question. It was Meatless Monday for my dinner. I had grilled veggies, quinoa salad, a Halo, a Honey Crisp apple and a variety of chips again. I notably increased my water intake today so I am properly buoyant now.

GeorgiaMa'am 01-11-2021 09:06 PM

- ham
- lima beans
- potato salad
- a chocolate eclair

Orema 01-12-2021 06:29 AM

Chillin’ and grillin’

The weather is nice so tonight I’ll have a grilled lettuce salad with grilled wings. Nuts or cake for dessert. White wine on the side.

GeorgiaMa'am 01-12-2021 07:58 PM

P I Z Z A !!!

. . . although it was not the pizza I ordered. I received a pepperoni pizza with a plain crust. I called the pizza place and spent 45 minutes trying to get through. I'm pretty sure they took their phone off the hook, because it was going straight to a recording. I'm sure they messed up other people's pizzas, too, because the ticket on the box had my correct order on it and my name; it's just that the pizza inside didn't match the ticket.

I finally got a refund by calling the main customer service number. (They refunded the delivery fee too!) And I ate three slices - any pizza is good pizza.

Gráinne 01-12-2021 09:04 PM

I have to say the chicken soup (more like a stew) came out delish, and I had some left over for lunch today.

As for tonight, building on that success, I made:

A kind of spaghetti skillet dish (ground beef, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and uncooked noodles mixed in)-a recipe off of a box, and it was highly delish.
Green salad
One of those cheesecake bars

(Oh, and I am on day 3 of my Russian course. I can now say "The boy is eating my apple", which is highly useful to know in the Moscow Metro. It doesn't matter: the course is fun and the important part is having daily goals. Depression feeds on goal-less days).

Gemme 01-12-2021 10:38 PM

I had a black bean burger on an Artesano bun with my usual fixins, a Halo, a Honey Crisp, some prunes and some chips including a new kind of plantain strip. It's not as sweet as my usual plantain chips. Not sure how I feel about it. The strips are curled so they are fun to eat--bonus. Again, plenty of water.