Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you having for dinner tonight? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

grenade 07-09-2015 10:02 PM

We had pizza and it made me sick. My piece must have been laced with salmonella.

Jesse 07-10-2015 01:12 AM

Smoked pulled pork, cole slaw and greens. Good stuff! :)

CherryWine 07-10-2015 05:47 PM

Pho Nam with lots of spicy chili sauce

PaPa 07-10-2015 07:12 PM

Tonight's dinner was very quick: A ham and swiss cheese sandwich with mustard and some freshly diced cantaloupe.

stargazingboi 07-10-2015 07:25 PM

grill cheese and chips

cinnamongrrl 07-10-2015 09:57 PM

Ooops... I skipped dinner...which explains why half a beer made me tipsy :blink:

Oh so beer. Beer was dinner tonight. hey...it's protein!

Gemme 07-11-2015 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 999374)
Fried pickles, pulled pork bbq, excellent sweet and smoky sauce, coleslaw, fire roasted corn, garlic bread and ranch for the pickles.

Redux of this. It was still good although I left the pickles in the oven a teensy weensy bit too long and they were crunchy crunchy.

I still have slaw and corn left too.

cinnamongrrl 07-11-2015 07:31 AM

I'm thinking leftover eggplant parm since I barely touched it the other night for dinner...

I also have some beautiful zucchini and summer squash from the farmer's market to cook up...and a gorgeous PURPLE PEPPER!

God I love summer veggies :)

PS: I had a dream about making okra and tomatoes. I've never cooked okra in my life! Maybe I need to change that. The farmer's market had some pretty okra...and awesome maters...I'm thinking okra/mater stew with lentils and spices would be nice!

cinnamongrrl 07-11-2015 07:48 AM

While perusing for okra/tomato stew recipes I found THIS. I'm thinking it will be dinner tomorrow night!

cookie-face 07-11-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl (Post 999690)
While perusing for okra/tomato stew recipes I found THIS. I'm thinking it will be dinner tomorrow night!

This looks absolutely amazing! Look at that glaze.

Kätzchen 07-11-2015 12:01 PM

BBQ Night

We are entertaining guests from out of town tonight, so my sweetheart is smoking salmon steaks and beef ribs, then BBQ-ing them closer to supper time.

I prepared a baby spring leaf green salad and homemade creamy, cracked pepper garlic salad dressing.

I am also making Zucchini Boats (yummy!):

What you do is trim and halve large zucchini squash, then carefully scoop out the soft midsection of seeds. Then carefully dice up baby Crimini mushrooms and fill each zucchini boat with the diced mushrooms. Then spoon your favorite tomato-basil sauce over the mushrooms and sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese over each prepared zucchini boat.

You can bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes, until they are done. Or, like I do for a BBQ, I put them on the top part of the grill, on heavy foil, and close the grill to BBQ them for about the same amount of time (approx. 20 minutes).

:bouquet:

Gemme 07-11-2015 05:21 PM

So far I've had some mixed fresh fruit, cheese and sweet and spicy chipotle crackers, a teensy mini apple pie (about 3-inch circumference) and am about to find something a little more substantial like the leftover slaw and corn from last night.

I'm just not into meat tonight.

Rockinonahigh 07-11-2015 06:13 PM

I had a tuna sandwich with a pickle, to hot to cook.

cricket26 07-11-2015 06:44 PM

home made chicken and dumplings that took almost all day...teddys new place smells like a home now :)

ONLY 07-11-2015 07:00 PM

We had veggies and tortilla chips with SS (f) guacamole dip along with fruits (banana, blueberries & mangoes)

cinnamongrrl 07-11-2015 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookie-face (Post 999716)
This looks absolutely amazing! Look at that glaze.

I KNOW! And it's saucy enough to serve with noodles or the like. I love anything I can make in the slow cooker. Chicken comes out sooo juicy and tender that way... :)

cinnamongrrl 07-11-2015 07:33 PM

oops I came here to post...lol

I had some eggplant parm for lunch but it's too darn hot to cook so I'm having yogurt with the yummy cashew/ginger granola that I adore from TJs...oh and some fresh blueberries on top cuz I got a ton of them at the farmer's market :)

PaPa 07-11-2015 09:27 PM

Dinner tonight was open faced toasted ham and swiss sandwiches

Jesse 07-11-2015 10:11 PM

In case you are looking for different ways to prepare okra, it is super good roasted. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl (Post 999689)
...PS: I had a dream about making okra and tomatoes. I've never cooked okra in my life! Maybe I need to change that. The farmer's market had some pretty okra...and awesome maters...I'm thinking okra/mater stew with lentils and spices would be nice!

Jesse 07-11-2015 10:14 PM

Still hot and humid, not much in the mood for food. I fixed a garden salad with lettuce, tomatoes, sliced boiled eggs, and shredded carrots and have been snacking on that.