Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Femme Zone (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Eyebrow Make-Up (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4790)

Christy51274 03-23-2012 06:59 AM

Eyebrow Make-Up

Hello lovely ladies,

I use eyebrow pencils and have tried many, believe me. I don't get my brows waxed completely sinceI love the look of thick, dark brows and mine are not naturally that dark. I love them when they're arched.

I'm currently using Brow Wiz by Anastasia. I'd never heard of it until I walked into an Ulta a few weeks back not finding what I was looking for. This stuff is amazing! Perfect color (not too dark, not too light), glides on smoothly, but doesn't smudge easily.

What eyebrow product(s) do you use?? I'm open for any recommendations. I highly appreciate the time and effort many women (and men) invest onto their brows. If you're bored, please feel free to share pics of yours. I will.

(Really, I have a life--I'm just not working until Monday, lol)

:bow:

http://www.beautybender.com/wp-conte...1316855226.jpg

Quintease 03-23-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christy51274 (Post 551890)
Hello lovely ladies,

I use eyebrow pencils and have tried many, believe me. I don't get my brows waxed completely sinceI love the look of thick, dark brows and mine are not naturally that dark. I love them when they're arched.

I prefer threading and waxing always thins them out too much.

You know you can dye your eyebrows? Its 5 minutes usually, instead of 30.

LaneyDoll 03-23-2012 09:00 AM

I get mine waxed every two weeks. UNLESS Riley is due for a visit then he maintains mine for me.

When I use product on them, I use a tiny bit of the black eyeshadow I use to line my eyes. The powder clings to the hair but is easy to wash off. Since I use so little, I have never had a problem with it falling.

:sparklyheart:

Medusa 03-23-2012 09:22 AM

Anastasia's products are amazing!

I don't use any kind of brow stuff now except a waxy product to keep them from waving hello! (By MAC, I think)

I have naturally long, thick eyebrows a la Brook Shields in the 70's but have plucked the crap out of them since I was in my early 20s to have the arch I have now.

Stubborn boogers!

starryeyes 03-23-2012 09:42 AM

I use another Anastasia brow pencil as well, I can't remember the exact name. I am a freak about my eyebrows as well. I have the WORST ones. I swear, I get them waxed and the next day I have growth, ugh. I try to get them waxed at least 2x a month. I also use tweezerman tweezers for maintance. They were 35 dollars, but worth every penny. I can get the really fine and short hairs. Ulta carries them.

apretty 03-23-2012 09:53 AM

I use mac charcoal brown and mac angled brush # 208

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vE2IIOicDZ.../MAC130-2T.jpg

http://www.litbeauty.com/images/prod...2107583009.jpg

*the Anastasia products look good, I may have to give them a try.

foxyshaman 03-23-2012 10:21 AM

I am happy to see what products others use. I am SO fair, I refer to myself as, three shades from Albino. I have died my eyebrows twice, but the last time I had a horrible reaction to the dye. I am not too keen to try again. I pluck mine. You can't see them unless I put something on them. I only hear GREAT things about MAC. My daughter loves it. I have one of those fancy brushes.... (blusing) but I SERIOUSLY had no idea what it was for.

So, ladies, the tips are appreciated. Sometimes this dirt dog likes to come in, have a nice long soak, and get dressed up pretty... and such. So, help a sista out? :canadian:

Novelafemme 03-23-2012 10:35 AM

All of my makeup is Clinique. I've tried so many other products and they irritate my skin to no end. I generally only wear mascara and a bit of lip gloss, but when I dye my hair (every 4 weeks) I take a q-tip and put just a touch of dye on my brows so they match my hair color. It works quite nicely! I only leave the dye on my brows for about 5 minutes, otherwise it starts to burn. ;)

Novelafemme 03-23-2012 10:39 AM

I once went to the MAC counter with my best friend and ended up leaving with almost $400 in products. My then husband was FURIOUS and I was rather perplexed myself since I really don't wear a lot of makeup. Needless to say, I now try to stay away from people selling pretty, shiney stuff. ;) oh, and I returned everything the next day!

Ms. Tabitha 03-23-2012 11:49 AM

I love MAC!
I try to get my eyebrows threaded and if I'm not able to do so then wax it is.

I do my shopping at ULTA .. love this place.

When my daughters were 12ish.. I took them in for their first eyebrow wax and then we went to Merle Norman. They were taught how to put on makeup (at that age it was mascara and lip gloss) and how to care for their skin.

Your never too young to learn how to care for your skin or your eyebrows!

foxyshaman 03-23-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novelafemme (Post 551991)
All of my makeup is Clinique. I've tried so many other products and they irritate my skin to no end. I generally only wear mascara and a bit of lip gloss, but when I dye my hair (every 4 weeks) I take a q-tip and put just a touch of dye on my brows so they match my hair color. It works quite nicely! I only leave the dye on my brows for about 5 minutes, otherwise it starts to burn. ;)

I don't generally dye my hair, but if I do, its often an different color... like purple or blue... so, albeit a worthwhile suggestion, I think I should probably pass on this one!! :canadian: ;)

Novelafemme 03-23-2012 01:03 PM

what is eyebrow threading?

vixenagogo 03-23-2012 01:03 PM

cock that brow.

perfection every time! and it makes brows look "neat and tidy" during that "in-between" time.

"expert precision for a tailor-made result. the Diorshow Brow Styler redefines, reshapes and fills out the eyebrow, offering high-definition makeup with a graphic yet natural result. its single shade, universal brown, works on all skin tones. it features a retractable tip on one side for an ultra-precise line and a brush on the other side for easy blending."

http://www.strawberrynet.com/images/...0766580102.jpg

Novelafemme 03-23-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixenagogo (Post 552098)
perfection every time! and it makes brows look "neat and tidy" during that "in-between" time.

"expert precision for a tailor-made result. the Diorshow Brow Styler redefines, reshapes and fills out the eyebrow, offering high-definition makeup with a graphic yet natural result. its single shade, universal brown, works on all skin tones. it features a retractable tip on one side for an ultra-precise line and a brush on the other side for easy blending."

http://www.strawberrynet.com/images/...0766580102.jpg

I just might have to try this! Thanks, V :)

Ms. Tabitha 03-23-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novelafemme (Post 552097)
what is eyebrow threading?

Eyebrow threading involves twisting a piece of thread, usually cotton, into a double strand. This double stranded thread is used to pick up a line of hair and then remove it, creating a very clean, precise hairline. Because it removes hair by the follicle, it is a reasonably long lasting hair removal technique as well. Repeat visits after three to four weeks are standard.

Christy51274 03-23-2012 01:33 PM

Novelafemme 03-23-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christy51274 (Post 552122)

OH MY! Why do I get a terrible feeling that if I tried that I might walk away eyebrowless.

fever 03-23-2012 02:00 PM

Threading

I have that done as well. It is so fast, and I don't have to get out the 10X magnifying mirror to see the little hairs. lol It is really inexpensive where I live, since the population of Abbotsford has a high Indo Canadian group. I seem to react to both waxing OR threading on my upper lip though. Any suggestions?

Candice

Ms. Tabitha 03-23-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novelafemme (Post 552136)
OH MY! Why do I get a terrible feeling that if I tried that I might walk away eyebrowless.

Just make sure your technician has experience.
The one I use has a heavy Indian/Middle Eastern based clientele.
She is fast and it's painless.

Ms. Tabitha 03-23-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fever (Post 552139)
I have that done as well. It is so fast, and I don't have to get out the 10X magnifying mirror to see the little hairs. lol It is really inexpensive where I live, since the population of Abbotsford has a high Indo Canadian group. I seem to react to both waxing OR threading on my upper lip though. Any suggestions?

Candice

My BFF uses something called No No Hair Removal on her arms and lip area and she swears by it. She had used Nair for years but it started to irritate her skin.