Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Aromatherapy: Incense, Candles, Etc. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7529)

Medusa 08-08-2014 08:36 PM

Aromatherapy: Incense, Candles, Etc.

Curious what everyone uses as their favorite relaxing scents?
Any special incense or candles you use in your spiritual practice?

I pretty much love the entire line of Satya incense and anything "Nag Champa" but I'm always looking for new ones to try!

Current fave incenses:

Satya "Nirvana"
HEM Lemongrass
HEM Divine Spirit
Triloka Enchanted Forest
Triloka Isis Rose
Kamini Night Queen

Current fave candles:
Yankee Candle Citrus and Sage
Tyler Candle Company Leather
Bath and Bodyworks Black Tie
Michael Aram Clover

Runner 08-09-2014 01:48 PM

I love Jo Malone candles. They all smell fantastic but my favourite is Lime, Basil and Mandarin.

The cologne is unisex also so the fragrance is a great combination of woody/citrus notes.

They do travel candles so if you travel a lot with work like I do they can make a hotel room feel like home!

D Phryxus 08-29-2014 09:38 PM

I try and make my own herbal incenses and candles because of allergies to artificial fragrance but...

My fave blends that I've created so far are:

Green Fairy - hyssop, anise, fennel
God - cinnamon, myrrh and red roses
Vanilla Patchouli (this just makes me hot >.<)
and of course the basic Lavender.

Talon 09-15-2014 12:55 PM

Nice thread idea...

If it's spiritual/religious...it's always frankincense...

Although, I do love Yankee candles in... "Sun and Sand" (for warmer months)....and "Midsummer's Night"....and "Leather", (for the cooler times of year).

ahk 09-23-2014 05:46 PM

Ooooh... I love some incense and candles. I'll go look at them soon--- and respond back. Some great choices above--

Medusa 12-18-2014 09:12 PM

Newest incense fave: Hem Cinnamon

And cinnamon candles.

And cinnamon wax tarts.

All things cinnamon!

JDeere 12-18-2014 09:29 PM

Candles I like

Evergreen Tree from Bath and Body Works

Incense I prefer Dragon's Blood

kittygrrl 12-18-2014 11:06 PM

For my spellwork I use unscented soy tea lights & votives, bee's wax (on occasion). If I use scents at all it's from herbs I grew myself or have some influence in their growth elsewhere~

My favorite scents are: lavender, mint, rose, & thyme

afrcnqueen 02-16-2015 04:51 PM

Incense, Candles, Etc...

I have developed allergies over the past few years. I am limited in scents that don't irritate me.
When I am having quiet, meditative time or just want my home to smell yummy I go to my trusty faves incense:

Nag Champa and or Sandalwood

I have candles all around my house but they are unscented.
To scent them I use Aura Cacia scented oils like

Rose
Lavender
Pepermint
Lemongrass
Ylang ylang

Medusa 02-16-2015 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afrcnqueen (Post 971862)
I have developed allergies over the past few years. I am limited in scents that don't irritate me.
When I am having quiet, meditative time or just want my home to smell yummy I go to my trusty faves incense:

Nag Champa and or Sandalwood

I have candles all around my house but they are unscented.
To scent them I use Aura Cacia scented oils like

Rose
Lavender
Pepermint
Lemongrass
Ylang ylang

YES! The Aura Cacia lemongrass is one of my faves!!! Their's is really smoothly scented!

Gayandgray 02-24-2016 10:27 AM

I started mixing lavender oil and sweet orange oil with some witch hazel and distilled water in a little spray bottle, and every morning I mist it all over my face. While I inhale it I try to relax and get myself psyched for a good day.

Gayandgray 02-27-2016 09:23 AM

I tried spritzing my pillow with some lavender oil before I went to bed. Didn't seem to relax me too much? I will keep trying every night for a little while tho.

Nat 03-08-2016 12:18 PM

I'm tempted to get some new essential oils. I only have about 6 right now.

I think the ones I have are:

Sweet orange
Cinnamon
Lemongrass
Rosemary
Palmarosa
Lavender

Does anybody have a favorite or go-to oil that they would recommend?

randrum 03-08-2016 12:40 PM

My favorite scent (right now) is Bath & Body Works Marshmallow Fireside. I have a couple candles and wallflower in that scent.

I'll probably switch over to more summery scents here soon. I usually skip over spring scents since they tend to be floral and irritate my allergies.

storyspinner70 03-08-2016 02:12 PM

I'm burning a candle right now I got as a gift. It's a layered candle in scents of Poundcake, Vanilla Buttercream and Snickerdoodle. So far it's very soothing and nostalgic. I also had a Better Homes and Gardens candle in Cranberry Apple Martini that was surprisingly luscious.

I use oils for quite a few uses - I find it's best to use oils for my perfume, for example, because regular perfume or eau d'toilette can be overpowering with my body chemistry. My favorite is a clementine/mandarin mix that's just amazing. I use it for perfume and for my home. Love love love essential oils.

MacMastr00 03-08-2016 06:17 PM

Scent

I enjoy peppermint smells...and Citrus based...
Flower based is too heavy for My migraines...

Medusa 02-24-2017 02:59 PM

Well, I've finally ruined myself on certain types of incense. Some of them smoke WAY more than others and some have a weird and cloying after-smell that I can't take anymore.

Still love Satya "Nirvana" with a passion but find myself reaching for Fred Soll Nag Champa a lot these days.

Won the battle against a splurge on a Jo Malone candle this past weekend and ended up going for a more affordable version at Target. So far I'm happy with it!

girl_dee 02-24-2017 05:09 PM

This is my FAVORITE one, and i use it on my Fortune Altar.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/09...g?v=1439667291

I cant take intense for long, i either burn them by an open window or burn them for a moment and put them out.

Medusa 02-24-2017 05:39 PM

That's a good one, dee!! I love the powdery undertone, almost like a Nag Champa but not as loud!

girl_dee 02-24-2017 05:52 PM

and so i don't lose my lesbian card...

http://www.pagandreams.co.uk/pics/2868.jpg