Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Quotes, Poems, & Sayings... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111)

weatherboi 12-18-2009 07:58 AM

I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food.

Bruce the Shark
Finding Nemo

Pixie 12-18-2009 10:19 AM

"Sulley, you're not supposed to name it. Once you name it, you start getting attached to it. Now put that thing back where it came from or so help me..."

Mike
Monsters Inc

Arwen 12-18-2009 12:05 PM

Chase down your passion like it's the last bus of the night. -- Glade Byron Addams

Passion, it lies in all of us, sleeping... waiting... and though unwanted... unbidden... it will stir... open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... passion rules us all, and we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love... the clarity of hatred... and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace... but we would be hollow... Empty rooms shuttered and dank. Without passion we'd be truly dead.
-- Joss Whedon

Being vulnerable doesn't have to be threatening. Just have the courage to be sincere, open and honest. This opens the door to deeper communication all around. It creates self-empowerment and the kind of connections with others we all want in life. Speaking from the heart frees us from the secrets that burden us. These secrets are what make us sick or fearful. Speaking truth helps you get clarity on your real heart directives.
-- Sara Paddison

violaine 12-18-2009 07:03 PM

sacred, holy
to put it in words, to write it down. that is walking on hallowed ground.

- DM

weatherboi 12-18-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violaine (Post 23070)
sacred, holy
to put it in words, to write it down. that is walking on hallowed ground.

- DM

Love that song!!

Jet 12-18-2009 07:51 PM

Getting old isn't for sissies. —Bette Davis

purepisces 12-18-2009 09:23 PM

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
~ Buddha

Arwen 12-18-2009 10:33 PM

Shattered glass all scattered ‘cross the floor
Some fellow left his suitcase by the door
I'd like to think I left it all behind me
And know for sure the past will never find me
There are some who sanctify revenge
Time and life will leave them on the fringe
And some until the end will carry grudges
Time and life and death will be their judges

Flatlanders "Wishing For A Rainbow"

Pixie 12-18-2009 10:56 PM

“Irritability is immaturity of character. If you are subject to being cross and unpleasant with others for no apparent reason, you need to come face-to-face with the fact that you are thinking too much of yourself. After all, your feelings are not the most important things in this world.”

Diva 12-19-2009 12:33 AM

Perfection!

Develop a built-in bullshit detector.

~Ernest Hemingway

Diva 12-19-2009 10:28 AM

Each has his past shut in him like the leaves of a book known to him by his heart, and his friends can only read the title.

~Virginia Woolf

Beau 12-19-2009 01:28 PM

she beams .. she shines

“The artist vocation is to send light into the human heart.”
-- George Sand

weatherboi 12-19-2009 01:33 PM

With rushing winds and gloomy skies The dark and stubborn Winter dies: Far-off, unseen, Spring faintly cries, Bidding her earliest child arise; March!

Quote by - Bayard Taylor

Diva 12-19-2009 09:49 PM

Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regrets.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate Your friends.
Do what You love.
Live as if that's all there is.

~Mary Anne Radmacher

violaine 12-20-2009 06:28 PM

it takes courage to enjoy it - the hardcore and the gentle-

bjork

Diva 12-21-2009 10:01 AM

A laugh is a smile that bursts.

~Mary H. Waldrip

MrSunshine 12-21-2009 10:21 AM

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
~Aldous Huxley

Arwen 12-21-2009 10:26 AM

"Yeah. Well, you know me. Give me a full ballerina skirt and a hint of saloon and I'm on board." Nigel in "The Devil Wears Prada

Pixie 12-21-2009 12:46 PM

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” Maria Robinson

always2late 12-21-2009 03:36 PM

"People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you'll know exactly what to do." - Michelle Ventor