Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Newbie FAQ (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Where can I ask technical questions? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1780)

deeperstill 07-25-2010 07:56 PM

Where can I ask technical questions?

Hi. I'm trying to upload some pics but they are too big lol. Thank you

Linus 07-25-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeperstill (Post 160479)
Hi. I'm trying to upload some pics but they are too big lol. Thank you

Where are you trying to upload them to? If it's the galleries, there is a limit on the size (I'll have to look it up again since I don't hit this). You'll need to resize the picture down a bit. There are a variety of online places to resize your picture on if you need help with that.

deeperstill 07-25-2010 08:04 PM

Hi! Tryin to add some photos to what i want to post in a forum

Linus 07-25-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeperstill (Post 160487)
Hi! Tryin to add some photos to what i want to post in a forum

Ok... have you got them posted elsewhere?

deeperstill 07-25-2010 08:10 PM

uh my desktop...maybe i should PM you before my ingorance gets broadcast way too wide :)

Linus 07-25-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeperstill (Post 160494)
uh my desktop...maybe i should PM you before my ingorance gets broadcast way too wide :)

Heh.. many people aren't sure how to do this stuff so it's good to have the discussion here.

You should upload the pictures to a picture sharing website like Flickr and then link them into the post.

deeperstill 07-25-2010 08:15 PM

Thanks. And for additional educational purposes, why upload them to an intermediary website before linking here? Is that because the intermediate website will do the resizing automatically or for other reasons? I ask because I wonder if the convenience of Flikr etc. is worth the loss of privacy/control? or am i being silly?

deeperstill 07-25-2010 08:20 PM

since I'm on a roll, and on display for others' viewing pleasure as it were, :flowers: ....how do i do that nifty thing where youtube links directly in a post so you can click on it and play? when i try it i get a weird message about embedding ;)

thanks!!!

Linus 07-25-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeperstill (Post 160499)
Thanks. And for additional educational purposes, why upload them to an intermediary website before linking here? Is that because the intermediate website will do the resizing automatically or for other reasons? I ask because I wonder if the convenience of Flikr etc. is worth the loss of privacy/control? or am i being silly?

We don't allow for uploading of pictures directly to posts from your computer. It's a space thing as well as a security thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeperstill (Post 160502)
since I'm on a roll, and on display for others' viewing pleasure as it were, :flowers: ....how do i do that nifty thing where youtube links directly in a post so you can click on it and play? when i try it i get a weird message about embedding ;)

thanks!!!

For the youtube, you just need the last bit of the youtube link. For example, if this was the youtube I wanted to post: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7mNr5WMjA

then I would just put the 2C7mNr5WMjA in between the YouTube tags.

deeperstill 07-25-2010 08:26 PM

Thanks Linus!:bunchflowers:

deeperstill 07-25-2010 08:34 PM

One more quickie question please!

Is it possible to upgrade my subscription? :confused:
I just subscribed but I meant to get the next level up

Linus 07-25-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeperstill (Post 160507)
Is it possible to upgrade my subscription? :confused:
I just subscribed but I meant to get the next level up

Send a note to Admin and/or Medusa. They'll be able to upgrade you.

deeperstill 07-25-2010 09:31 PM

Thank you (f)

skeeter_01 08-12-2010 10:22 AM

how do i upload a picture to the gallery? it is in bitmap format and it won't upload...
thanks!!
skeet

Linus 08-12-2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeeter_01 (Post 173550)

how do i upload a picture to the gallery? it is in bitmap format and it won't upload...
thanks!!
skeet

Please note the following when uploading: Allowable Image Types: jpg,jpeg,png,gif

greeneyedlady 10-16-2010 08:35 AM

picture in profile

How do I post a picture to my profile or replace the avatars with my photo?

Liam 10-16-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeneyedlady (Post 208675)
How do I post a picture to my profile or replace the avatars with my photo?

1. Click on "User CP," in the green bar above.
2. Select "Paid Subscriptions," in the sidebar on the left-hand side of the page.
3. Select a paid membership which you would like.
4. Pay for that membership.
5. Now you have the ability to have your photo for an avatar.

*Anya* 06-23-2011 11:52 AM

Upload photos

I don't know if this applies to you but I was trying to upload from my IPhone but it didn't work. I then used my PC & could do it. I still need to figure out how to use my picture as my avatar (not very tech-savvy!).

Ps: Welcome!

Linus 06-23-2011 11:57 AM

Only paid subscriptions allow for custom avatars. http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/inde...=subscriptions

*Anya* 06-28-2011 11:51 AM

More newbie questions

Thanks for your help!
1. What do the rep points mean & why are they there?
2. How do you subscribe to threads?
3. Does anyone reply personally to you in that list of thank you posts related to comment I made in a thread? I accidentally opened up a reply to me-related to one of my posts (not a private message, I know how to do that) but when I looked again could not find it. It was to me as it started: "Anya".

Hope the last question makes sense, thanks again.