Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Romance (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Fitted Baseball Caps (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5629)

AnnRkey 09-10-2012 09:38 AM

Fitted Baseball Caps

Has this ever happended to any of yall? And its slightly embarrasing!

I was dropping my girlfriend off at home. She was leaning on my car, I was standing in front of her, leaning into her with both hands on either side of her resting on my car. So the proximity was very close. She was mentioning something but I heard a rustling to the left of me and looked over, but as I looked over (I wear my baseball caps so the bill is slightly to the right) I accidently hit her in the forehead with the bill of my cap!! I apologized immediatly! She said it was ok!

I was mostly embarrassed by my lack of understanding of the distance and effect of my turning my head while holding her against me. Luckily she didnt let me think about it to long. I hope I am not the only one this embarrassing situation happens to?! right?! Minus two points from my butch card. LOL

macele 09-10-2012 10:15 AM

you just don't know what a fan of fitted baseball caps i am, ... i thought it was gonna be solely about hats! oooooo shoot fire!

princessbelle 09-10-2012 10:25 AM

I love baseball caps and the butches/femmes that wear them.

Bully has a bunch of caps. Almost everyday she wears one. Which will she pick? It's always a surprise. Not sure if there is a rhyme or reason to the one she wears. It's certainly not because of why i pick which shoes, pony tail holder, head bands, etc. (color coordination is where i'm going with this. ahem.). It is actually a very big mystery to me.

Today she is wearing a New York yankee one. But, why? How deep in thought does she go to pick one out?

I can't wear a baseball cap well. They get in my way and really mess up my bangs. And they are hot and sweaty. And i look like a total dork.

My hat is off to those baseball hat wearing butches and femmes out there.

It is a skill obtained that i never quite caught onto.

The_Lady_Snow 09-10-2012 10:37 AM

Rockin a cap

I personally like when the boy wears his black leather cap or his fitted one with the bill to the back, black shorts, and a black muscle shirt..

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF...... It's like a visual treat dancing around in my vision all day long...

I am also a fan of a long haired stud rockin it in the same manner, it's a cultural pleasing, familiar visual for me...

Leigh 09-10-2012 11:10 AM

I've been known to rock a cap sometimes :D

-Red-Flag- 09-10-2012 11:21 AM

Rocks the cap .. Everyday to work... I know people that have never seen me with out one...

My reasoning on a cap choice ... To work always my Red Sox cap ...
Riding my motorcycle ... Always the black HD hat .. Backwards
Going out ... Matches my outfit or sneakers ...

As for proximity of the snuggle kiss head turn .. I've done it ... A quick forehead bump to cap bill ... eh it's the breaks .. The girls will understand :)

Leigh 09-10-2012 11:23 AM

I just make sure to turn a certain way & it always works just fine ;)

Martina 09-10-2012 11:24 AM

They are so verboten in my professional world -- schools. It's hard to see one of them without thinking, "Which gang might that team represent?"

I too like like a big dork in them, in fact in any hat. But they do keep the sun out of one's eyes.

princessbelle 09-10-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martina (Post 650985)
They are so verboten in my professional world -- schools. It's hard to see one of them without thinking, "Which gang might that team represent?"

I too like like a big dork in them, in fact in any hat. But they do keep the sun out of one's eyes.

Now i can rock a sunvisor!!! Looks like a cap, keeps the sun out of my eyes and doesn't mess up the hair.

Works great in a boat or after a motorcycle ride and helmet removal (keep one in the little side bag) for a quick fix. :)

Martina 09-10-2012 11:38 AM

Yeah, I look OK in those too, but they do allow the brain to get baked. I realized that in Florida out on the water and had to switch to one with a poofy covering at the top and a tie -- to keep it on. Something between a bonnet and a visor. I wasn't too hearbroken when it blew away.

Here in CA, I use a visor.

jac 09-10-2012 12:49 PM

I wear 'em. Yep I do...

Rhyme or reason... ?? I think not.

I just grab one. I have some upstair, some downstairs, some in the closets, some tubbed away for rotation... Yeh I rotate 'em cause I get bored after awhile.

I guess there is one that I have to consciously think about wearing. I wear it when I am just in that mood to be unique :cheesy: It's my goober cap! OMG I love that cap!! I got it for $3.00. It was made for me... and yet I can't quite figure out why no one else likes my goober cap :sigh: It's a patchwork kinda thing with fuzzies dividing the patchwork. I know ya'll are just dyin' to see it!! I'll post it to my gallery!! Spritz will love that I did ;) Hee hee...not! She's not too fond of it either.

My Nike black is my fave - and I wear it frontways, backwards... Can't say it smacked my girl across the face but can't say it never won't either... lol

Geez... now I wanna buy another cap before I go to visit Spritz on Sunday. I think I will.

-Red-Flag- 09-10-2012 01:12 PM

Hats for boys are like shoes for girls !

Stoney I say you get TWO ...

Medusa 09-10-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackhammer (Post 651068)
I always thought someday when I get older all my levi's would be traded in for slacks, and all my baseball caps would be replaced with Fedoras.

I'm not that old yet apparently.
:pipe:

You're also not working on the library fan. *toe tapping*

DapperButch 09-10-2012 08:20 PM

For me the hat chosen is based on what I am wearing...color matching.

However, there are some hats that I want to "keep nice", so I either wear them rarely, or never at all. For example, I never wear my Phillies 2008 World Series hat or my Phillies 2009 League Champions hat.

The_Lady_Snow 09-10-2012 08:24 PM

Poor tantalizing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 651392)

However, there are some hats that I want to "keep nice", so I either wear them rarely, or never at all. For example, I never wear my Phillies 2008 World Series hat or my Phillies 2009 League Champions hat.

:|

Freak!

Why would you buy a hat to never wear!?? Yanno they collect dust, maybe even dust mites!

:hk11:

-Red-Flag- 09-10-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 651392)

I agree .. I've got hats I've never worn and never will ! Ever ...

tantalizingfemme 09-10-2012 08:34 PM

[QUOTE=The_Lady_Snow;651400]:|

Freak!

Why would you buy a hat to never wear!?? Yanno they collect dust, maybe even dust mites!

:hk11:[/QUOTE

OMG... you all have no idea... Is it a wonder that we still live in our own homes? After three years? And we only live 15 miles apart? lol

macele 09-10-2012 08:34 PM

we all know the hat has to fit just right. sometimes that's the only reason we buy a hat, the fit. right? yeah! lol

a fitted hat that i can run my hand across the top of, feels so good, no space between my head and the top. nice and snug, low. you all know what i'm talking about.

and i can wear a hat out. i mean wear it out! when i come across i a hat i love, ... i get all the love out of it. i like to wash hats. hang them up outside, sun dry. always aim the bill to the sky, ... let the water drip off the back.

o my, hats.