Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Forums (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Upstate/Western New York (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320)

Rogue 11-17-2009 03:00 PM

Upstate/Western New York

Hello from Upstate/Western New York Area!!

We live in the very quaint little town of Naples. Naples is a small town located in the fingerlakes area of Upstate/Western New York. We live about 25 minutes from Canandaigua and about 60 minutes from Rochester!

We both like to socialize and go to get-to-gethers, potlucks, dinners, and theater.. If anyone from Upstate/Western NY area would like to join us anytime.. We would love that!

Hugs

Rogue and SyrIsaac

bright_arrow 02-17-2010 02:24 AM

Glad to see I'm not the only one living in a rinky dink town :) Short of driving 40 minutes to go to a LGBT club, there is no where around to immerse myself in gay folk. Sadness :(

Lynn 02-17-2010 08:59 AM

We're in upstate NY, in the Schenectady area. That's just a bit west of Albany. We love to socialize, but it *is* difficult to pull together a group of people. Maybe one weekend day, we could meet in the middle for a festival or dinner or something. I know Western NY has a lot to offer, especially in the nicer weather.

morningstar55 06-24-2010 05:08 AM

good morning........... westerneww yawwkers...

this thread needs some serious bumping........LOL

nickster 06-24-2010 05:34 AM

Just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone. I'm in the Fingerlakes region and would love to meet others in the area. Anything interesting (events / get togethers) oning on?

morningstar55 06-24-2010 06:34 AM

yee HAAaaa ............ there is life out there in western Ny land..... ha..
mawning Nicksters

:chocolate:

nickster 06-24-2010 08:13 PM

Good evening Morningstar.....Nick

Sam 06-24-2010 08:38 PM

western ny'er here, well used to be anyway. i get up to buffalo to visit often now a days.

bright_arrow 06-24-2010 09:07 PM

I live up in Lowville, the boi is South of me in Syracuse.

Yesterday was like queer day at Walmart apparently ~ a BF couple, a baby butch, and an older butch. I was like :seeingstars: damn you femme invisibility!

lol :)

nickster 07-11-2010 07:16 PM

Anyone going to Pride festivities in Rochester this weekend?

adorable 07-11-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickster (Post 150715)
Anyone going to Pride festivities in Rochester this weekend?

I am.

I can't remember why though.

morningstar55 07-15-2010 10:02 AM

its lunch time here in wester NY region......
this is a very slow moving thread........... maybe we need to spread the word around here........ lol

adorable 08-09-2010 02:04 PM

Ok...everyone in New York - brace yourselves....

We are having a get together BBQ/dish to pass in on Sunday 8/15 at noon. Close to Syracuse (but not actually Syracuse)

PM me for the location if you're interested.

:linecook:

:cheerleader:

:bbq:

:tanning:

dykeumentary 10-22-2010 08:29 PM

*bump*
Let's get together before we are snowed in for the winter.

Heavenleahangel 10-22-2010 08:47 PM

Hello, NY'ers! I live in southern Albany county right on the edge of the Catskills. I wouldn't mind driving out to go to meetings/dinners just to be in good company. Anything going on? Want to get something going?

dykeumentary 11-02-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavenleahangel (Post 212816)
Hello, NY'ers! I live in southern Albany county right on the edge of the Catskills. I wouldn't mind driving out to go to meetings/dinners just to be in good company. Anything going on? Want to get something going?

Yes! Let's plan something. :fastdraq:

Bella~Vita 11-02-2010 02:00 PM

I'm from NYS originally from Yonkers in Westchester CO. moved further upstate to Syracuse/Auburn area many yrs ago. I can say this the 70's late and 80's really rocked up there then something happened ... I guess people moved or lost interest. I had so much fun then when the gay community was really active.

bright_arrow 11-02-2010 08:40 PM

Saw someone bumped this thread, and I realized I haven't been here in awhile.. I moved down to Syracuse a few months ago and so far have dragged the boi to the BF Social Dinner in Rochester once, and we have dinner with some BF folks in Syracuse this Thursday :)

morningstar55 04-06-2012 04:50 AM

Good morning western NY

its good friday .... along with easter weekend.
I see tis thread has really been dead ........ soooo lets try and see if some of us can bring it back to life.

who's ready for camping??? I know i am
i had a most memorable time at the Cedars few yrs ago in canada.
Id LOVE to go back there.
then here is another ......... its consider'd a gay friendly camp ground as the owners whom i know are a lesbian couple whom have been together for ha.... yrs / yrs.. very nice couple i may add.
this place sits on 100 acres... has lots of hiking , a lil fishing and more....

ARKWRIGHT HILLS CAMPGROUND
2942 Route 83,
Fredonia, NY 14063-9764 ·
Get Directions
Phone 1 716.679.7532

Heavenleahangel 04-06-2012 07:09 AM

Happy Easter, Everyone! I am still near Albany if anyone wants to enjoy this sunny weather. Spring is upon us-let's do something!