Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Snow: The Fluffy Stuff (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498)

Selenay 12-09-2009 01:34 AM

Snow: The Fluffy Stuff

Oh, what an appropriate forum in which I can implement my poll. . .

Snow: do you love it, or do you hate it?*

*If you find that your frosty feelings are not as strong as love or hate, please chose the answer that is closest to your opinion.

T D 12-09-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selenay (Post 18582)
Oh, what an appropriate forum in which I can implement my poll. . .

Snow: do you love it, or do you hate it?

Neither - LOL

Corkey 12-09-2009 01:40 AM

It's a love hate relationship. Love to see it come down and shimmer at night, hate to shovel it during the day, and before Ami gets home.

QueenofQueens 12-09-2009 01:50 AM

I hate it. I just saw some far away on the mountaintops this morning after not seeing it for five whole years. I nearly went into anaphylactic shock. At least it wasn't trying to get on me or throw my car off the road, though.

:candle:

Unndunn 12-09-2009 03:02 AM

I voted that I love it, but if you do the poll again in Feb. I'm sure I would answer that I hated it. It's still new and fresh for me this winter.

Gemme 12-09-2009 03:07 AM

I love snow. I love playing in it and making snow angels and snow people and looking at it fall gently to the ground. I don't even mind driving in it.

However, after the first two or three days of shoveling walkways and scraping my car, I am DONE.

So, it's a love-ish relationship. :penguin:

NJFemmie 12-09-2009 06:22 AM

I do love snow, and I don't even mind shoveling it - but I do get tired of it if it snows too much.
It just gets stale.

always2late 12-09-2009 06:34 AM

I like snow. I love being inside and watching it fall. I love snuggling under a blanket with coffee and a movie (or loved one) on a snowy morning. I love playing in it with my son and the dogs.....but I HATE shoveling it, digging out my car, having to go to work in it, etc.

Lynn 12-09-2009 09:16 AM

I love it more than I hate it. It's beautiful and when it's actually snowing, it tends to be warmer.

I like having the four seasons. But, I do miss the more temperate climate of Pennsylvania, where winter lasted three months, and then it was on to spring. Up here, near the North Pole, winter lasts for five or six months, it seems.

hottprof 12-09-2009 10:18 AM

I love snow. I love the sound it makes when it hits the ground, I love the taste of it, the smell of snow in the air, and even driving in it when it is coming at you and it looks like you are at warp speed (my nerdy side showing). I don't even mind shoveling it or scrapping off cars (as long as it is not going to make me late).

However, I really dis-like when people plow you in, and the two days later after math of slush that freezes...

Smiles :frog:

Ryobi 12-09-2009 10:51 AM

I voted that I love it. By the end of to day though, I won't like it much for a day of two. I have 2 driveways and 200 feet of sidewalk to clear.

We got 14 inches over night and it's still coming down. I have 5 foot drifts in the driveway. It's wet and heavy snow. My first project this morning was to take a broom and knock the snow off the cedars that were bent over, ready to break. I only lost one big branch. Those cedars are special to me. They're about 30 feet tall and I've been shaping them for 20 years now. They're plant children!:)

Enjoy the snow, it's only just begun.:D

Diva 12-09-2009 10:54 AM

I love the snow.....:stillheart:

amiyesiam 12-09-2009 10:57 AM

I love snow. everything looks so beautiful!
driving in snow I don't like so much

Ryobi 12-09-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 18768)
I love the snow.....:stillheart:

Wanna help me? You can run the snow blower.:nyahnyah:

theoddz 12-09-2009 11:18 AM

Ugh. I detest snow.

I'm a Southern boy, born and raised, but I've lived in the Midwest (Southeast Iowa/Mississippi River area) and also spent 5 years living on the coast of Maine and I just deplore the snow and ice. The ice is worse than the snow, actually, but both make getting around difficult and messy. When "The Blizzard of '93" hit New England, I was there. I spent over 2 years making the 35 mile (each way) commute to/from college in Portland, from Brunswick, and it sucked. I had the worst cases of flu I've ever had when I lived in "the icebox" that is Maine. Of course, I was going to school for Respiratory Therapy, so I was being exposed to every kind of disease and infection there is, so it's not a surprise that I was sick as all hell each of the 4 winters I spent there. :cold:

I detest snow and ice. In fact, I talked to Mother this morning, who lives in Illinois, and she's snowed in today from last night's snow storm/blizzard. Her doors are all frozen shut and my sister is having to go over there and thaw them out with a hair dryer. Ugh. I hate snow/ice. Poor Mother. :cold::sigh:

~Theo~ :bunchflowers:

MsDemeanor 12-09-2009 11:51 AM

I love snow. I haven't lived in it for 30 years, but I still love it. I will not shovel it, though. If it snows, that shit's gonna stay right where it is until someone else moves it.

Softhearted 12-09-2009 03:24 PM

I LOVE SNOW!!!!! I'm a winter person :anothersnowman:

suebee 12-09-2009 04:10 PM

You mean that fluffy stuff that's piling up outside my door as we speak? :deepthoughts:

NotAnAverageGuy 12-09-2009 05:54 PM

I love snow and I wish Texas had it more, well the southern parts of Texas I should say!!!

WolfyOne 12-09-2009 07:06 PM

Growing up in Chicago and living there most of my life, I deplore the snow for so many reasons. Shoveling a long driveway and having to drive in it on any road or express way there during rush hour really sucks. However, looking at it after it first falls is a beautiful sight. Now that I live in Oklahoma, all I've ever seen for the past couple of years is a slight dusting on the ground that's usually gone by noon. I am not fond of ice storms either, so it's a toss up living here or there.