Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Poker - Fans & Players (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240)

Thinker 11-12-2009 10:05 PM

Poker - Fans & Players

Any other poker fans and/or players out there?

I started playing in February of this year. I'm a big fan of no-limit hold 'em tournaments. I've received some professional training on tournament strategies, so I'm much more comfortable there.

I'm sure I'll feel better about cash games if I can get to a camp, but for now it's too much of a gamble for me; and I'm just not willing to risk it anymore.

I've done pretty well in tournaments in the short time I've been playing and have more big ones lined up..........one this Saturday, as a matter of fact.

Anyone else?

Linus 11-12-2009 10:17 PM

I enjoy watching it or playing with friends (I prefer the camaraderie of friendly poker even if a few $$ are at stake). Interestingly, I'll be in Vegas in Feb so I may get to enjoy a few games of 21 and some of the penny slots and good stogies. :)

You are far better at it than me, from what I've seen you write about.

Thinker 11-12-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 4339)
I enjoy watching it or playing with friends (I prefer the camaraderie of friendly poker even if a few $$ are at stake). Interestingly, I'll be in Vegas in Feb so I may get to enjoy a few games of 21 and some of the penny slots and good stogies. :)

You are far better at it than me, from what I've seen you write about.

Do you know the dates of your trip?

If it works out, we can head down there for a weekend getaway.......maybe get a few others together, as well.

Linus 11-12-2009 11:46 PM

Right now Feb 1-6th but no students are registered yet for the class. I expect that to change. :)

Ebon 06-08-2010 08:49 PM

I play Hold Em but haven't played for money yet. I've been practicing on Pokerstars.com. It's free to sign up and the people that play on there are usually pretty good so it's cool to learn a bit. Wondering if there is a game going at the reunion.

Linus 06-08-2010 08:52 PM

I was talking about that with Medusa (I think). I think that perhaps we could do some simple poker games with small antes (5 cent, 10 cent and 25 cent). I'd love to introduce some to a variation that my friends made (Gould's Gold) that's an interesting pot builder. :)

Ebon 06-08-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 126114)
I was talking about that with Medusa (I think). I think that perhaps we could do some simple poker games with small antes (5 cent, 10 cent and 25 cent). I'd love to introduce some to a variation that my friends made (Gould's Gold) that's an interesting pot builder. :)

Please let me know I am in if it happens.

Logicaly 06-09-2010 12:03 AM

I have always been interested in poker, but am afraid that I am not very good at it it seems, that or it is just a lack of knowledge on how to play the game properly.

Ebon 06-09-2010 12:54 AM

Maybe we can get a game together sometime on yahoo. I think they have poker on there.

Linus 06-09-2010 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logicaly (Post 126237)
I have always been interested in poker, but am afraid that I am not very good at it it seems, that or it is just a lack of knowledge on how to play the game properly.

Oh we could always do some practise rounds for no bets or penny bets. :)

Linus 06-09-2010 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Organicbutch (Post 126211)

Definitely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Organicbutch (Post 126246)
Maybe we can get a game together sometime on yahoo. I think they have poker on there.

Is it limited to Texas Hold 'em poker?

Glenn 06-09-2010 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Organicbutch (Post 126211)

Folks; That's a great idea for fund raising for BFP.

Logicaly 06-10-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 126264)
Oh we could always do some practise rounds for no bets or penny bets. :)

I've been playing here and there online, and occasionally I win a hand, but I dont feel like I know how im winning, or why. I feel like there is a lot more strategy to it, then just trying to get a certain hand. That or perhaps im reading too much into things.

Thinker 06-10-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logicaly (Post 127273)
I've been playing here and there online, and occasionally I win a hand, but I dont feel like I know how im winning, or why. I feel like there is a lot more strategy to it, then just trying to get a certain hand. That or perhaps im reading too much into things.

Hey Logicaly...

There is indeed more strategy to it!

It's certainly too much to go into here. Reading about it is challenging, in my opinion, because they try and cover everything before you even have the basics down.

What game are you playing?

QueenofSmirks 06-10-2010 07:05 PM

I'll be playing in the Grand Series at the Golden Nugget in Vegas on Saturday! yipppeee!

Ebon 06-10-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 126266)
Definitely.

Is it limited to Texas Hold 'em poker?

It looks like it. I'll look around for other places to play online. Maybe pogo has some poker games on there.

QueenofSmirks 06-10-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Organicbutch (Post 127431)
It looks like it. I'll look around for other places to play online. Maybe pogo has some poker games on there.

POGO has a ton of poker games, including different "stakes" levels of Texas Hold'Em. Enjoy! :)

Bob 06-10-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logicaly (Post 127273)

Good poker strategy is mostly about betting strategy/bankroll management. Sign up with one of the major poker sites...they usually give you a free bankroll of 'play money', as well as having a wide variety of games available.

FullTilt and PokerStars are the perennial big guys, while Cake Poker is an attractive option for newer players.

Also, the 2+2 forums are probably the biggest poker community online: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/

Thinker 06-10-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks (Post 127424)
I'll be playing in the Grand Series at the Golden Nugget in Vegas on Saturday! yipppeee!

Go get 'em, Steph!

Logicaly 06-10-2010 08:59 PM

I am signed up on FullTiltPoker, what I have been playing if I am not mistaking is Texas Hold'em.