Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tennessee Forums (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Calling all TN peeps! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38)

violaine 05-03-2010 12:12 PM

my heart is heavy for all of you - especially after speaking with spirit dancer last evening. i wondered how her daughter was handling everything, as she is on the autism spectrum. water rushing into the automobile frightened her, and the water - so much of it - flooding the streets. i hope that the issues inclusive to the storm water/damage will find all of you safely returned to your homes before too long.

belle

Apocalipstic 05-03-2010 12:16 PM

Thank you Belle! It is pretty scary here, but we were lucky enough not to have to evacuate. I have never seen anything like this.

Apocalipstic 05-03-2010 12:55 PM

Actually its really stressful and depressing, I don't think we will know for a while how bad it really is.

SnackTime 05-03-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apocalipstic (Post 97851)
Actually its really stressful and depressing, I don't think we will know for a while how bad it really is.

I agree with you Apocalipstic!!

WolfyOne 05-03-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 97854)
Are Jess and Christie in TN too?

No June, they are in VA

Billy 05-03-2010 01:02 PM

Opryland Hotel is a disaster . Very sad

WolfyOne 05-03-2010 01:03 PM

I was on the phone with Spirit Dancer about 20 minutes ago and she was stuck at gas station she went to to get stuff for her family because the river or lake near her crested. She's hoping to find a way back to her family right now. She was about 2 miles up the road from them when it happened.

Apocalipstic 05-03-2010 01:09 PM

Phone reception is sketchy on cell and most land lines are out for a while.

Apocalipstic 05-03-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy (Post 97860)
Opryland Hotel is a disaster . Very sad

They say it will take months to fix it all. I am so glad they did NOT listen to the corps of engineers who said the river would crest at 48.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 97861)
I was on the phone with Spirit Dancer about 20 minutes ago and she was stuck at gas station she went to to get stuff for her family because the river or lake near her crested. She's hoping to find a way back to her family right now. She was about 2 miles up the road from them when it happened.

I think that entire neighborhood is cut off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 97862)
Okay, thanks. What about ButchBowWow?

Oh. I guess I could go look things up. But I do like it when Wolfy follows me around and caters to all my whims.

;)

I am not sure I know who that is?

WolfyOne 05-03-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by June (Post 97862)
Okay, thanks. What about ButchBowWow?

Oh. I guess I could go look things up. But I do like it when Wolfy follows me around and caters to all my whims.

;)

LOL @ you
I don't follow, I stalk because.....
I'm a leader not a follower
Oh hell, you got me today, but only because I'm lost

SnackTime 05-03-2010 01:55 PM

I just spoke to SD, the water did go down in her area but now it is flooding again. She is trying to get out now and back to the hotel. She has experienced some gas price gouging a little while ago. This one gas station was priced at 2.99 and when she stopped it was up to 3.99 (this happen within a few hours). She did call to report the price gouging. That is NUTS!

afixer 05-03-2010 02:06 PM

I have several friends up there, all are fine only loosing stuff. :(

Apocalipstic 05-03-2010 02:09 PM

People just suck, you know.

Like last night as they were evacuating Opryland Hotel for the good of the guests, they were bitching up a storm. How they had to wait, how nothing was gonna happen, when they should have been thankful!

and now gas gouging? WTF????????

I can't concentrate today, my brain may be melted.

Wondering how high the rivers will go. Wondering who at Fema is in charge of approving the levees. Wondering what kind of effect having so much convention business to Nashville lost will have. Wishing I could have 3 days of peaceful sleep in one of those chambers where you are sensory deprived...cause I am on sensory overload.

Apocalipstic 05-03-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afixer (Post 97915)
I have several friends up there, all are fine only loosing stuff. :(

did their homes flood?

Spirit Dancer 05-03-2010 04:03 PM

Thanks for all the prayers, yes the phones are on and off. OHB is now open but there is road damage from flooding so near the Hermitage it has One lane each way passable but still water on it.
OH Dam is releasing water by the hour to save the pressure from the other levy. Oy we are blessed and safe. Thanks to Snack for keeping us imformed and in the loop when there was no power.
Hope everyone is safe

Apocalipstic 05-03-2010 04:18 PM

Glad you are OK SD! xoxoxoxoxoxox

The Bridgestore Arena (former GEC), Opryland Hotel, the Wildhorse, the new Schermerhorn and LP field are all deep in water...which is still rising and up to Third Avenue now.

This is insane.

29 Metro Schools have taken on water.

I hope everyone gets home safe and sound tonight.

Its so weird that its all sunny and blue outside.

Spirit Dancer 05-03-2010 04:23 PM

xxoxoxoxoxoxoxox Glad you're safe
and yes it's SURREAL
Be careful going home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by apocalipstic (Post 98012)
Glad you are OK SD! xoxoxoxoxoxox

The Bridgestore Arena (former GEC), Opryland Hotel, the Wildhorse, the new Schermerhorn and LP field are all deep in water...which is still rising and up to Third Avenue now.

This is insane.

29 Metro Schools have taken on water.

I hope everyone gets home safe and sound tonight.

Its so weird that its all sunny and blue outside.

Apocalipstic 05-03-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer (Post 98015)
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxox Glad you're safe
and yes it's SURREAL
Be careful going home.

It is surreal! Will do, I am fixing to head out now.

Love you guys!

Stay safe!