Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hawaii Forums (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   ALOHA! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4360)

Peach 12-20-2011 10:54 AM

ALOHA!

Nobody has ever posted in the Hawaii forums?????????

We won a trip to Hawaii! Not sure of all the specifics yet, hotel etc....it is to Honolulu, that much I know LOL The must do's for us are a dolphin encounter, Pearl Harbor, and snorkelling.
If you have been to Honolulu, let me know good/bad places to stay, where to avoid, where the best snorkelling beaches are etc........any info would be great!

PinkieLee 12-20-2011 11:14 AM

CONGRATS on winning a trip... that is AWESOME!

You might contact Blackboot and/or CherryFemme... since they live in Hawaii. They might be able to give you some good pointers.

The_Lady_Snow 12-20-2011 11:26 AM

Woot Woot!

Wooo hooo Congrats!! You maybe can visit our BFP Hawaii residents Cherryfemne & Blackboot!!!

Have a super time!

Corkey 12-20-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peach (Post 489565)
Nobody has ever posted in the Hawaii forums?????????

We won a trip to Hawaii! Not sure of all the specifics yet, hotel etc....it is to Honolulu, that much I know LOL The must do's for us are a dolphin encounter, Pearl Harbor, and snorkelling.
If you have been to Honolulu, let me know good/bad places to stay, where to avoid, where the best snorkelling beaches are etc........any info would be great!

Hike up Diamond Head!! Visit Maui and do Haliakala at sunrise!!!! Bring warm cloths for that.

Greyson 12-20-2011 01:25 PM

Congratulations Peach. What a wonderful surprise. I have never been to Hawaii, yet. I have one suggesstion for you, stay out of all coffee houses. Enjoy your vacation and please post pics.

Amber2010 12-20-2011 01:38 PM

Wow How wonderful. A great Christmas gift. Ha Ha
Congratulations! :)

Passionaria 12-20-2011 02:37 PM

Hi Peach,
I adore Honolulu, lived there several years ago. Most of the portions of Honolulu around Wakiki are very tourist oriented, and there for safe. Waikiki is a great beach even with all the people. Not to be missed IMHO. Bring a picnic and lot's of things to drink.

To really get the flavor of the Island check out some "real" Hula competitions or Hawaiian music.

The North shore and surfing compititions are another suggestion. Although the beaches with the 30 foot waves have an undertoe to match so a word of caution there. Also if you see a beach with no people swimming, there is probably a reason for it.

Rent a car and drive around the island. Some beaches have a lot of break in's with cars so don't tempt people. I would stick to the more touristy beaches unless you are with a local person. Note that there are some beaches on the west side of the island that may not be the best for tourists, locals only you will feel it, trust that.

There is a Hotel with Dolphins that has a great "private" beach called the Kahala resort. I don't know what the rooms and prices are like, but the beach is wonderful. And quiet with safe swimming. Facing the ocean the beach to the right of it is a nice place to hang out too. Kahala is an upscale neighborhood in Honolulu.

http://www.kahalaresort.com/

Chinatown in Honolulu is a must see in my book, and the only place one can afford to buy veggies, lol.

My last suggestion is the Honolulu Academy of the Arts. It's fabulous.

http://www.honoluluacademy.org/

Writing this makes me homesick *sniff, sniff* Have a wonderful time. Oh, one thing about Hawaii is (for me) one does not need a fancy hotel. Houses are places you go when you can't take being outside anymore. Any of the good tourist hotels will do, just check their ratings. You will be outside almost all the time. Check for perks like the beach at the Kahala!

pinkgeek 12-20-2011 02:56 PM

Well in about 5 days I'll be joining the ranks of the BFP Hawaii residents (Big Island!). That aside, what we call The Big Blue Book is a GREAT resource for everything to do and see on the islands.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Oahu-Revealed-Ultimate-Honolulu-Waikiki/dp/0971727929"]Amazon.com: Oahu Revealed: The Ultimate Guide to Honolulu, Waikiki & Beyond (9780971727922): Andrew Doughty, Harriett Friedman: Books[/ame]

Have a great trip!!

Peach 12-20-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greyson (Post 489649)
Congratulations Peach. What a wonderful surprise. I have never been to Hawaii, yet. I have one suggesstion for you, stay out of all coffee houses. Enjoy your vacation and please post pics.

there will be tons of pics once we go! and the coffee house thing, HA! We dont even drink coffee!!! it going to be hard to get me off a beach!!

Peach 12-20-2011 07:29 PM

thanks for al lthe info! its really helpful!!! :hangloose:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passionaria (Post 489678)
Hi Peach,
I adore Honolulu, lived there several years ago. Most of the portions of Honolulu around Wakiki are very tourist oriented, and there for safe. Waikiki is a great beach even with all the people. Not to be missed IMHO. Bring a picnic and lot's of things to drink.

To really get the flavor of the Island check out some "real" Hula competitions or Hawaiian music.

The North shore and surfing compititions are another suggestion. Although the beaches with the 30 foot waves have an undertoe to match so a word of caution there. Also if you see a beach with no people swimming, there is probably a reason for it.

Rent a car and drive around the island. Some beaches have a lot of break in's with cars so don't tempt people. I would stick to the more touristy beaches unless you are with a local person. Note that there are some beaches on the west side of the island that may not be the best for tourists, locals only you will feel it, trust that.

There is a Hotel with Dolphins that has a great "private" beach called the Kahala resort. I don't know what the rooms and prices are like, but the beach is wonderful. And quiet with safe swimming. Facing the ocean the beach to the right of it is a nice place to hang out too. Kahala is an upscale neighborhood in Honolulu.

http://www.kahalaresort.com/

Chinatown in Honolulu is a must see in my book, and the only place one can afford to buy veggies, lol.

My last suggestion is the Honolulu Academy of the Arts. It's fabulous.

http://www.honoluluacademy.org/

Writing this makes me homesick *sniff, sniff* Have a wonderful time. Oh, one thing about Hawaii is (for me) one does not need a fancy hotel. Houses are places you go when you can't take being outside anymore. Any of the good tourist hotels will do, just check their ratings. You will be outside almost all the time. Check for perks like the beach at the Kahala!

Okiebug61 12-20-2011 08:24 PM

Hey will you be so kind to bring back a birth certificate for Obama? Have a great time.

Medusa 12-20-2011 08:46 PM

Moderating

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okiebug61 (Post 489848)
Hey will you be so kind to bring back a birth certificate for Obama? Have a great time.

Okiebug-

This post was reported as racist.

I don't know if you were poking fun at the ridiculous idea that President Obama wasn't born in this country or if you truly believe he wasn't but that whole "birth certificate" argument is based on racism. That makes it not funny.

Thanks,
Admin

Okiebug61 12-20-2011 08:48 PM

I'm sorry. I did not mean for it to sound that way. I am a huge Obama supporter I was poking fun at the Republicans. I am sorry.

Medusa 12-20-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okiebug61 (Post 489862)
I'm sorry. I did not mean for it to sound that way. I am a huge Obama supporter I was poking fun at the Republicans. I am sorry.

Thank you for clarifying! I can see how you were poking fun and appreciate the clarity!

Okiebug61 12-20-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 489865)
Thank you for clarifying! I can see how you were poking fun and appreciate the clarity!

Thank you for not considering me to be a racist.

Peach 12-20-2011 09:37 PM

I wanna do this!

http://www.hawaiiactivities.com/us/h.../124/ag/15618/

Peach 03-13-2012 09:27 PM

lookslike we are booked, but now I went and looked at another place, and we may wanna change!!!!
End of April, we will be on Oahu, either at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach (original choice) or Turtle Bay, the one I just looked at.

ArkansasPiscesGrrl 03-13-2012 09:54 PM

I remember going to Oahu back in 1970, for my ex's R&R from Vietnam. Stayed in a small hotel a few blocks from the main drag, it had a kitcheonette that I was able to cook dinners in for him. Better than what he ate in the jungles!

There was a tall hotel near the beach that we went for dinner and drinks, it was the Ilikai (sp?) Hotel, and the Top of the Ilikai was a revolving restaurant. Had amazing views of the ocean, and Diamonhead, and all of Waikiki. Beautiful!

We also took a tour up around the north side of the island, and I remember a really cool bird sanctuary, with lots of exotic birds there. Very interesting. We also stopped a couple of places on the road around the island to look at the beaches, and the waves.

Touristy-type luaus can be fun in a kitchsky kind of way. (or maybe the fact that I was barely 18 and there from Nebraska, hell EVERYTHING impressed ME! LOL)

Not sure if any of that is still there or not. Congrats on your trip, though. ENJOY!!

Aklboi 04-06-2012 11:43 AM

:hangloose::hangloose::hangloose: i from hawaii born and raised here

firegal 04-06-2012 12:12 PM

Good for you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peach (Post 546551)
lookslike we are booked, but now I went and looked at another place, and we may wanna change!!!!
End of April, we will be on Oahu, either at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach (original choice) or Turtle Bay, the one I just looked at.

Good for you Peach!, Hope you and yours have a great time.

If you are playing around coral and come in contact with it and you get scratched AT ALL, have life guard wash it ,they all have spray stuff to clean it. It gets infected and is very slow to heal everytime the skin is broken. I had a small abbrasion and they told me the same thing.... it was very slow in healing and left a scar.

Have a blast! I did glass bottom boat trip... fun and toured the pearl harbor "stuff" had a great time.

ENJOY!

Terry