Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   CL ads (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349)

ALittleStar4You 05-10-2010 11:50 AM

CL ads

Love em? Hate them? Never used them?

I need to find a friend. I can't sit back and watch anymore. Im seriously letting the rest of my life slip behind me. Shame shame. I need to be proactive...

So i finally put together my first Craigslist Ad Last night. I tried to be as up front as possible with out sounding like a total whack job. I have gotten 1 reply so far. It was genuine as far as i can tell, and i am waiting to hear back a second time.

What are some other tried and true places of meeting the people Im looking for online to start? Im not interested in pay memberships to sites.
Have I done all i really can with out leaving my home for the club?

Gemme 05-10-2010 12:11 PM

This site is in the beginning stages of getting a dating area set up, so keep your eyes open for that in the future. :)

I think CL ads are entertaining. Some are meant strictly for that purpose, like the class clown in the back of the room. Lots of noise, but is there anything of substance? Eh, maybe.

I rarely see the kind of ads I would like; that would attract me. I want someone to be upfront and with a certain degree of bluntness. I want to know not only what they are looking for but who and maybe why. And don't bother to get all flowery with it. KISS - keep it simple, silly.

This is an example of something that may cause me to reply back:

Stone Butch Seeks Stone Femme

"42 year old SB seeks younger, intelligent SF that understands not only the B-F dynamic, but that of D/g as well. I know it's like looking for a needle in a haystack, but if what I've said thus far has made sense to you, contact me and we'll see if we are compatible."

ALittleStar4You 05-10-2010 01:28 PM

Thanks so much for your comment Gemme. Truly appreciated.
The info about this site you gave is also an exciting thought too :wink:
Im just so frustrated at this point of not knowing how to be in the right place. Tired of being invisible off the internet.

Apocalipstic 05-10-2010 01:36 PM

I have a really good friend who did a CL ad, he met a really nice lady and they have been together for over a year now. :)

Happy Shopping!

ALittleStar4You 05-10-2010 01:39 PM

Im not even seeking a LTR quite yet, but not a one time thing either. A friendship to start. like most of the ads so vaguely state..."we'll see where it goes from there", 'cept i didn't actually use that term !LOL

SassyLeo 05-10-2010 01:40 PM

Are you looking to find dates or just friends?

I've met a few folks I have dated over the years from CL. A couple who became friends after we dated...

I've never met someone just as a friend from CL, but I know others who have.

There are other free sites out there... but my experience is that if someone pays, they are more apt to actually engage. I figure if I have paid for something, I should actually use it.

Good luck!

ALittleStar4You 05-10-2010 01:54 PM

SassyLeo, I am not looking for strictly friends. But I wouldn't be against making new friends who don't strike my fancy.
I was also just suggested to try OKCupid. SO i might check that site out soon too. Thanks for your thoughts.

justanolecowboy 07-12-2011 11:19 PM

Ahhh --- CL - seems to be a love it or hate it site. You hear horror stories - and then like a few postings here - from those who have found love or at least friends...

CL used to be a great site to post on - but I find anymore - it has turned into ... those seeking just a "hook up" - rather than a genuine relationship - whether that be friends or otherwise.

Perhaps I am too old school - I still believe in old fashioned romance - and I believe that a lot more people want that - than will admit.

I've used CL twice - once that disastrous effects - the other time - a brief- passionate romance - that taught we both learned from - and we have remained friends ---

I just tonight - was thinking of posting again ---as I have been thinking about romance ---

So - here it is -

Is romance still alive and well??? ---

Here it is Tuesday mid-morning and I wonder why I am not calling the florist to have flowers delivered to a special lady...or making plans to cook out and have a nice fire on a chilly evening to be followed by a good movie and maybe a glass of wine ... and then? ....I wonder what happened to the idea of "dating"... the idea of actually "calling" someone ...not "texting" and "asking" them if they would like to go to out for a nice dinner, maybe a movie or concert...a walk in the park on a sunday afternoon...a festival for a BBQ and art fair...then you actually pick them up...take them out...pay for their dinner and whatever else might come along...take them home...walk them to the door...and maybe..."just" maybe...be brave enough to kiss them goodnight...make sure they get in safely and then "ask" ...may you "call" again...and tell them "in person" you had a nice time...and leave "something" to be "anticipated" ... I mean...does anyone want that anymore...does anyone "Date" anymore...or is it all just "hook ups" or FWB or one night stands or "booty calls" with no commitments...or just emails and texts ...not that I don't enjoy the electronic age...but I am just curious...doesn't just the idea of "dating" with the possibility that their could be genuine caring and love that grows over time appeal to anyone anymore? The idea of spoiling the woman you care about...doing such special things for her that she knows you love her and think about her...the way you look at her across from the table at the restaurant and your eyes tell her that she is the most beautiful woman in the world and she takes your breath away...romance...doesn't anyone want or appreciate the art of romance anymore? Having the "Date" pay for your dinner...hold your coat...open the car door...stand in the rain for three hours to buy concert tickets for your favorite band...to surprise you...unexpected cards...flowers...yes...just because it is a tuesday...

I think about those things...I "want" those things...and I have to believe that someone...somewhere out there...wants that too...

_________BUT then I erased and didn't post ----as well I am a butch - and I enjoy femme women - and I find when reading on CL - that it is not as it used to be - not all that butch/femme friendly ---or at least that is my considered opinion after reading several postings and what people are seeking ---

And I say all of that to say ---nothing ventured - nothing gained - and you just "never" know ---so go for it!

greeneyedgrrl 07-12-2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALittleStar4You (Post 102787)
I tried to be as up front as possible with out sounding like a total whack job.

haha... love it! :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALittleStar4You (Post 102787)
Have I done all i really can with out leaving my home for the club?

i met some really cool peeps on cl... had to sift through to find them... but once i did i kept em! :D

greeneyedgrrl 07-12-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALittleStar4You (Post 102875)
Im not even seeking a LTR quite yet, but not a one time thing either. A friendship to start. like most of the ads so vaguely state..."we'll see where it goes from there", 'cept i didn't actually use that term !LOL

shoulda kept reading before i replied i guess! :p so far i've only met friends there. cl does seem to be either heavy on the "let's hook-up and bone" and "i'm totally nuts, wanna move in?" posts in the w4w section. :blink:

Mr Nice Guy 07-13-2011 03:56 AM

Hey I'm from NH. I'll be your friend. Matter of fact I do have a CL ad on. Too funny. Pm me and we can hang if you want. I'm looking for friends too. Just friends.

Dominique 07-13-2011 04:23 AM

I feel certain you are inquiring if I read craigslist dating ad's. NO

Not looking

I do, however, read the for sale ad's. Never know when I might pick up a new Kayak or a hobie cat or who knows what, at a MUST SELL price.....

I like rants ....makes me realize I'm pretty sane.:blink:

Glenn 07-13-2011 05:22 AM

Work Truck Runs Great!!!

Just a regular rockin and rollin work truck. Daily driver on rebuilt motor. Not a show piece, just a good old truck good on gas and exhaust brand new brakes and tires on rear but will need a front end alignement and a lube job soon.

ScandalAndy 07-13-2011 06:26 AM

I never really meet people from CL as I feel there are way too many creepers there, I'm more inclined to use OKCupid or PlentyOfFish. I prefer OKC, though. PoF is difficult to navigate and has stupid ads.