Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Scariest Movie Ever? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5944)

Linus 10-31-2012 01:39 PM

Scariest Movie Ever?

So what do you consider to be scariest movie ever?

I work from home and often have the TV on in the background (so it sounds busy). As it would happen, the last couple of days have been "scary" movie marathons, particularly of Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street and Hallowe'en. All of these are rather campy, cheesy horror movies.

Scariest movie for me has always been The Exorcist (spinning head and all).

Goriest movie (from those I've seen) has been the Saw series.

I make a distinction between gory and scary since one grosses me out while the other keeps me up for days!

So what's your scary/gory movie fav?

Soft*Silver 10-31-2012 01:44 PM

I hate the Saw movies because of all the gore. Really disturbing!

Scariest movie? I forget the name..it was about a true story..the man had developed a cult in Canada and tortured the women, even cutting off limbs...

ruby_woo 10-31-2012 01:54 PM

Gore doesn't scare me, just kinda grosses me out or bores me.

The only movie that's ever really scared the crap out of me is The Ring. I left the tv off for days after that one.

Gráinne 10-31-2012 02:21 PM

I don't like gore for gore's sake. Boring and cheesy.

My scariest movies:

Jaws
Alien
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (original form)
Frankenstein (the original, believe it or not)
In fact, most of the Universal "monster" movies

chakra 10-31-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruby_woo (Post 688855)
Gore doesn't scare me, just kinda grosses me out or bores me.

The only movie that's ever really scared the crap out of me is The Ring. I left the tv off for days after that one.

Me too... I saw The Ring on mushrooms, would NEVER RECOMMEND that. Nope. Never.

Medusa 10-31-2012 03:08 PM

I think "The Exorcist" is pretty damn scary but I have to say too that the first "Paranormal Activity" movie had me waking up for several nights to make sure someone wasn't creepily standing over me as I slept!

Julien 10-31-2012 03:10 PM

My favorite scary movies are:

The Exorcist
Alien
Ring
The Thing (from another world) b/w
Psycho (original)

Rockinonahigh 10-31-2012 03:11 PM

War of the worlds,the original by Orson Wells,not the other ones made in its likeness...just not the same.

ruby_woo 10-31-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chakra (Post 688909)
Me too... I saw The Ring on mushrooms, would NEVER RECOMMEND that. Nope. Never.

Holy crap lol. I can't imagine.

At the time, I lived in an old three story walk-up in San Francisco. One of my roommates who'd lived there awhile said him and people who'd lived there before thought they ghosts at the top of the stairs (of course, they also stayed up late and did lots of drugs, so who knows). When I came home from seeing The Ring, all the lights in the house were turned off, the light switch at the bottom of the stairs wasn't working, and I had walk up three flights of old supposedly haunted stairs in the dark by myself. NO THANKS.

I don't think that helped my Ring experience.

tonaderspeisung 10-31-2012 05:48 PM

i don't scare easily
but
the ring (american version), ju-on and a tale of two sisters left me feeling a little uneasy

scariest - i have to give it to the exorcist - i don't want to be anywhere near a weegee ( i don't even want to spell the word) board e.v.e.r.

and exorcist 3 - that creepy old lady - yikes

Ginger 10-31-2012 06:12 PM

The Stepfather, because the scariest person is someone you thought was safe, in your own home.

Medusa 10-31-2012 06:17 PM

EEK! The Exorcist is on right now!!! I am SO going to watch it!

And I'm making Jack watch it in the process, which is NOT making her happy!

The_Lady_Snow 10-31-2012 06:22 PM

*cry*

HALLOWEEN

:scarytv:

DapperButch 10-31-2012 06:22 PM

The Exorcist. Without question. I can't watch any movies that include exorcisms. tantalizing thinks I'm a wimp!

Linus, I agree with you when it comes to gore, too - Saw series!

BrutalDaddy 10-31-2012 06:24 PM

These Hills Have Eyes.

The first one. I've watched the second and third one and managed to make it all the way through both. Can not watch first one all the way through. Just can't do it.

Scared Shitless Of First One,
Brute.

princessbelle 10-31-2012 06:24 PM

Oh these scary movies ya'll are listing are eekssssssssssssssss!!!!

I would have to say the Exorcist was the scariest of all time, in my book.

But, my first scary movie was Halloween I. Me and my Bff went together and we were honestly, in the floor, in front of our chairs peeping over the shoulders of the people in front of us. We were maybe 16? Somewhere in there.

Anyway, it made a lasting impression on me. Scary is fun. Gore movies however, gross. Won't watch them. Saw movies ...forget it.

Remember the music??? And the very young Jamie Lee Curtis?

*Anya* 10-31-2012 06:50 PM

The original B&W Night of the Living Dead still scares me.

I can watch Dawn of the Dead and other Zombie movies in color but they do not scare me like the orginal does.

LadyRieinAL 10-31-2012 06:55 PM

scariest Movie

could not watch the exorcist
the hills have eyes
The Rite
Silence of the lambs

Duchess 10-31-2012 07:00 PM

I love horror flicks. I never thought anyone could make a movie that would scare me to death until I rented 'The Unholy'. That movie was spiritually disturbing. I felt as if I was inviting something dark into my home. I couldn't finish it. Gives me chills just thinking about it.:nailbitin::scared::runforhills:

princessbelle 10-31-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duchess (Post 689157)
I love horror flicks. I never thought anyone could make a movie that would scare me to death until I rented 'The Unholy'. That movie was spiritually disturbing. I felt as if I was inviting something dark into my home. I couldn't finish it. Gives me chills just thinking about it.:nailbitin::scared::runforhills:

You know i've wondered about that very thing. I used to date a "ghost hunter" so to speak. She used to say if you "ghost hunt" or watch something really scary that it puts that energy in the universe and negative things and beings have entry way into your home and life.

She was really serious about it that we need to be careful.

I think i believe that.