Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Quotes, Poems, & Sayings... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111)

C0LLETTE 06-13-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1269972)
__
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
— ABRAHAM LINCOLN

"Exactly"

Groucho Marx

Stone-Butch 06-13-2020 11:58 AM

Quotes, poems and sayings

To know what is right and not to do it is the worst cowardice.

Confucius

Self-discipline is when your conscience tells you to do something and you don't talk back.

W.K. Hope

C0LLETTE 06-13-2020 12:51 PM

The mind is Patient Zero for sexually transmitted diseases.

C0LLETTE (I wrote it, what can I do? lol )

Orema 06-15-2020 04:50 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/Kc5MQ9YS/540409...antasies-a.jpg

Stone-Butch 06-15-2020 05:54 PM

poems, quotes or sayings

Make no judgements where you have no compassion.

Anne McCaffrey

Orema 06-19-2020 09:11 AM

Freedom is a constant struggle. —Angela Davis

homoe 06-19-2020 02:46 PM

https://redpointtailor.com/wp-conten...60801_QOTD.png

Stone-Butch 06-19-2020 03:03 PM

Everyone is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day. Wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.

Elbert Hubbard

Orema 06-22-2020 06:40 AM

“Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving.”

—James E. Faust

homoe 06-22-2020 09:27 AM

~~
But one of the big lessons I have learned from my journey is you can't please everyone, so don't try. ...:hangloose:

Chris Colfer

homoe 06-22-2020 03:09 PM

~~~
Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses. Ann Landers

homoe 06-23-2020 07:22 AM

~~~
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

Stone-Butch 06-23-2020 11:14 AM

There are a sort of men whose visages
Do cream and mantle like a standing pond,
And do a wilful stillness entertain,
With purpose to be dress'd in an opinion
Of wisdom, gravity, profound conceit,
As who should say 'I am Sir Oracle,
And when I ope my lips let no dog bark!'
O my Antonio, I do know of these
That therefore only are reputed wise
For saying nothing; when, I am very sure,
If they should speak, would almost damn those ears,
Which, hearing them, would call their brothers fools.
William Shakespeare

Orema 06-28-2020 06:30 AM

My Body Is a Confederate Monument

My Body Is a Confederate Monument

“If there are those who want to remember the legacy of the Confederacy, if they want monuments, well, then, my body is a monument. My skin is a monument.

Dead Confederates are honored all over this country — with cartoonish private statues, solemn public monuments and even in the names of United States Army bases. It fortifies and heartens me to witness the protests against this practice and the growing clamor from serious, nonpartisan public servants to redress it. But there are still those — like President Trump and the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell — who cannot understand the difference between rewriting and reframing the past. I say it is not a matter of “airbrushing” history, but of adding a new perspective....

The black people I come from were owned and raped by the white people I come from. Who dares to tell me to celebrate them?”

— Caroline Randall Williams

https://i.postimg.cc/G3FYvYPc/28-Cover-super-Jumbo.jpg
Credit: P.S. Spencer

Caroline Randall Williams will be doing a reading of this essay and answering questions on Instagram (@nytopinion) on Tuesday, June 30 at 7 p.m. Eastern.

Bèsame* 07-06-2020 07:01 AM

sometimes

you have to learn

how to go with the flow
of life

because sometimes pissing
against the direction

of the wind could backfire at you

Daniel Saint

C0LLETTE 07-06-2020 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bèsame* (Post 1271317)
sometimes

you have to learn

how to go with the flow
of life

because sometimes pissing
against the direction

of the wind could backfire at you

Daniel Saint

That's quite similar to throwing up over the wrong side of a cruise ship. If you're going to throw up, try to be on the right side. No blow back.

Stone-Butch 07-06-2020 10:37 AM

The biggest threat to our well being is the absence of moral clarity and purpose.

Rick Shuman (in Time)

C0LLETTE 07-06-2020 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stone-Butch (Post 1271339)
The biggest threat to our well being is the absence of moral clarity and purpose.

Rick Shuman (in Time)

Moral Clarity : Hard to pin down in more ways than one

The article exerpted below deals mostly with the subject of "moral clarity" vis-a-vis journalism.

"So what is moral clarity? The philosopher Susan Neiman, who wrote a book on the subject, says that it is not, in fact, a statically defined concept: it can be found only on a case-by-case basis. “Moral clarity, however, is about looking at each particular case, looking at all the facts, looking at all the context, and working out your answers,” she stated in a lecture. It should not be confused with moral simplicity: we may have clearly defined moral values, but the quest for the actual position of moral clarity is always complicated and specific to the circumstances. ..."

Masha Gesson
New Yorker
June 24, 2020

Kätzchen 07-06-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1271340)
Moral Clarity : Hard to pin down in more ways than one

The article exerpted below deals mostly with the subject of "moral clarity" vis-a-vis journalism.

"So what is moral clarity? The philosopher Susan Neiman, who wrote a book on the subject, says that it is not, in fact, a statically defined concept: it can be found only on a case-by-case basis. “Moral clarity, however, is about looking at each particular case, looking at all the facts, looking at all the context, and working out your answers,” she stated in a lecture. It should not be confused with moral simplicity: we may have clearly defined moral values, but the quest for the actual position of moral clarity is always complicated and specific to the circumstances. ..."

Masha Gesson
New Yorker
June 24, 2020

This is excellent, thanks for finding it.

Context is an essential component, in most all cases.

Thanks C0LLETTE.

Stone-Butch 07-06-2020 02:47 PM

poems, quotes or sayings

Context is not always available and sometimes not needed if one is aware what they are presenting. Time to quit while I am ahead of those that know far more than I obviously do.