Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Quotes, Poems, & Sayings... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111)

D-Money 11-13-2009 06:57 AM

"I have always known that at last I would take this road, but yesterday I did not know that it would be today"

- Ariwara No Narihira (9th Century Japan)

D-Money 11-13-2009 06:58 AM

"Caretake this moment.
Immerse yourself in its particulars. Respond
to this person, this challenge, this deed.
Quit the evasions. Stop giving yourself needless trouble.
It is time to really live; to fully inhabit the situation
you happen to be in right now."

-Epictetus

D-Money 11-13-2009 07:00 AM

"stars, hide your fires;
let not light see my black and deep desires."

-'Macbeth', Act1 Scene4- William Shakespeare

Lady Jewel 11-13-2009 07:01 AM

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
`Marianne Williamson

Softly 11-13-2009 08:46 AM

Love asks me no questions, and gives me endless support. Shakespeare

Arwen 11-13-2009 09:05 AM

The game of life is a game of boomerangs. Our thoughts, deeds & words return to us with astounding accuracy. ~Scovel Shinn

Tommi 11-13-2009 09:22 AM

Welome to the neighborhood

"I sense an insatiable demand for connectivity. Maybe all these people have discovered important uses for the Internet. Perhaps some of them feel hungry for a community that our real neighborhoods don't deliver. At least a few must wonder what the big deal is."

Clifford Stoll, Silicon Snake Oil, 1995

Semantics 11-13-2009 11:36 AM

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Augusten Burroughs

Surayna 11-13-2009 12:28 PM

“I love her and that’s the beginning of everything.”
~Teen love

When you love someone, all your saved-up wishes start coming out.
~ by Elizabeth Bowen (1899-1973) ~

Andrew, Jr. 11-13-2009 03:40 PM

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal." Unknown

"If you are going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill

Soft*Silver 11-13-2009 05:41 PM

if there was a hell, it would be made of dirty litter boxes and empty food trays

Mr Smitty the one eyed rocking on limping kitty

D-Money 11-13-2009 11:01 PM

"the condom is the glass slipper of our generation. you slip one on when you meet a stranger, you dance all night, then you throw it away ... the condom, i mean, not the stranger."

- Marla Singer, Fight Club

Arwen 11-13-2009 11:07 PM

I want to feel myself part of things, of the great drift and swirl; not cut off, missing things, like being sent to bed early like a child. ~ Joanna Field

Leigh 11-14-2009 12:35 AM

This has got to be My all-time favorite quote, coming from the movie Ghost Rider:

"There's an old saying: Raise no more devils than you can lay down. My father raised one too many."

Mister Bent 11-14-2009 05:40 AM

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.- Oscar Wilde

Andrew, Jr. 11-15-2009 07:31 PM

A Chinese Proverb

If you want happiness for an hour - take a nap.
If you want happiness for a day - go fishing.
If you want happiness for a month - get married.
If you want happiness for a year - inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime - help someone.

Diva 11-15-2009 09:10 PM

For my Sissy

A best friend is a sister destiny forgot to give you. :gimmehug::flowers::cracked::toast:

---Unknown

Just_G 11-16-2009 03:06 PM

Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
Eleanor Roosevelt

I am always saying "damned if I do, damned if I don't"! :confused:

KayCee 11-16-2009 03:28 PM

We are never so defensless against suffering as when we love
Sigmund Freud

D-Money 11-16-2009 03:46 PM

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do."

- Elanor Roosevelt