Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What Do You Do For Fun? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8856)

PlatinumPearl 05-20-2020 05:31 PM

What Do You Do For Fun?

I was recently asked what I did for fun... and found myself struggling to answer this question since what I find enjoyment in may not be deemed as fun and exciting by others....

So, I'm curious what do you do for fun?

Feel free to share what you did for fun pre-pandemic, what you currently do for fun, and fun things you want/plan to do post-pandemic.

AlexF 05-20-2020 07:36 PM

Great Idea

I have never been able to answer this question. I suppose without overthinking it, I am not sure what would count as 'fun'. I can say that I enjoy reading, writing, listening to music, attempting to play the violin and getting lost in a forest.

homoe 05-20-2020 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlatinumPearl (Post 1268450)
I was recently asked what I did for fun... and found myself struggling to answer this question since what I find enjoyment in may not be deemed as fun and exciting by others....

So, I'm curious what do you do for fun?

Feel free to share what you did for fun pre-pandemic, what you currently do for fun, and fun things you want/plan to do post-pandemic.

For fun, I head to the Windy City! Once I arrive there anything I do is fun...:hangloose:

A. Spectre 05-21-2020 06:29 AM

Indeed, since I reside in the 'Windy City' everything is fun, fun, and more fun.

Ravinia Festival is the oldest outdoor festival in the US, we are season ticket holders and boy oh boy most of the concerts are amazing! We usually sit in the grassy section and bring a picnic basket full of wine, cheese and an assortment of hors d'oeuvres. We've seen Blondie, Melissa Etheridge, Poi Dog Pondering, Sarah Mclachlan etc.... BUT, due to covid-19, no shows the rest of this year.

With time on our hands, my bride and I are planting a herb garden, the deer, rabbits are loving it! lol We are relocating the dozens of fern that is growing wild on one side of the property as to make things a bit more symmetrical.

We are both looking forward to going back to work and feeling useful outside of our home again, this is the longest time we've been not working since we were young. But our time together has been an experience that would have never happen sans lock down. You REALLY get to know someone deeply when you're together 24/7. I just can't get enough of her.

~ocean 05-21-2020 07:02 AM

I've been teaching my grandson how to use different types of knives in the kitchen ~ when I can get his attention so he will concentrate about what I am saying ~ it's too important as well as dangerous not to have his attention ~ he does make awesome scrambled eggs now lol

kittygrrl 05-21-2020 11:36 AM

bushcraft, hiking, watercolor, calligraphy, mushroom hunter, gardening, baking, greek history, hula, yoga, dance, also gearing up to start my 1st wood project in 14 years.. .....and poetry when i'm in the mood

clementinefemme 05-21-2020 01:24 PM

Hiking, baking, yoga, gardening, reading, writing, spending time with friends. Once the pandemic is over, I want to get my yoga teaching certification and learn to play an instrument.

RebelDyke 05-21-2020 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clementinefemme (Post 1268493)
Hiking, baking, yoga, gardening, reading, writing, spending time with friends. Once the pandemic is over, I want to get my yoga teaching certification and learn to play an instrument.

:goodpost:

I think all ya'll with the long lists are actually making ME tired.. lol that's just waaaay too much "fun"... i think your "fun" needs a vacation.

:eatinghersheybar:
Or maybe just a good cigar by a bonfire!!! yeah ..now THAT sounds "fun"
or some miniature golf

CherylNYC 05-21-2020 10:52 PM

Motorcycles are my fun. Riding them, talking about them, looking at them... Sadly, we're not riding much here in NYC right now. I could ride for pleasure now that the crisis has subsided a bit, but it felt too weird to take a pleasure ride with everything locked down as it has been. I helped organize like minded riders to deliver desperately needed PPE to medical professionals, and I have been riding out to deliver PPE, but I'm just not riding for pleasure very much right now. That should start changing soon.

The super-duper, turbo-charged motorcycle fun is at the track. I can't even describe the adrenaline high. It's a carnival and a rollercoaster wedded to a giggle-fest tied up with a HELL-YEAH bow. Sadly, track days are also cancelled for at least the first half of the season. It's likely the entire season will be cancelled. Sigh.

Our motorcycle club meetings will be held via Zoom for the foreseeable future, too. So we talk about motorcycles and riding via a flickering video feed. It's better than not meeting at all, I suppose. And I do enjoy doing political work around motorcycle issues.

My other fun is naked gardening. I enjoy gardening while not naked, but naked gardening is far more fun. I can still do that. My garden is quite verdant at the moment. So there's that.

easygoingfemme 05-22-2020 11:21 AM

Now: Gardening, reading, riding my bike, hanging out with my daughter, time home with my Daddy.

Before: all of that but also, road trips, slumber parties with my girlfriends, concerts, dinners out, live theatre, movies...

~ocean 05-22-2020 06:18 PM

DON'T judge me lol lately I entertain myself watching the dogs eat peanut butter

homoe 05-22-2020 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~ocean (Post 1268601)
DON'T judge me lol lately I entertain myself watching the dogs eat peanut butter

.........:giggle:....

kittygrrl 05-23-2020 10:00 AM

music is keeping me sane