Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics And Law (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Elections 2012: BFP Watch Party (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5984)

Medusa 11-06-2012 12:53 PM

Elections 2012: BFP Watch Party

This is a thread to post updated poll results and news! A virtual watch party! WEEE!

Medusa 11-06-2012 12:56 PM

Jack and I will be cooking up a ribeye and potatoes and nestling into the evil bed at about 4pm to start watching the results.

* putting out some virtual chips and dip and icing down the beer and soda*

Daywalker 11-06-2012 01:03 PM

We're gonna invite Howdy Doobie to dinner tonight and have Faith
in the American Voters and hope that we won't be forced
to move to Canada n stuff.

:weedsmoke:

:usa:

:daywalker:

Linus 11-06-2012 01:04 PM

No drinking game? (done with or without alcohol)

Words 11-06-2012 01:06 PM

Shove over then;)

I remember the last time. W/we'd planned on going to bed at some point - remember, there's a huge time difference between here and there - but as it became clearer and clearer that Obama was going to win (and how!), there was no way W/we were going to miss a single second.

It was exhausting, but absolutely magical.

Words

The_Lady_Snow 11-06-2012 01:07 PM

Ack!

We're at Antonio's having some lunch while watching a local station. We're not sure what we'll do until we get home:|..

We're both full of anxiety!

Medusa 11-06-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Words (Post 693471)
Shove over then;)

I remember the last time. W/we'd planned on going to bed at some point - remember, there's a huge time difference between here and there - but as it became clearer and clearer that Obama was going to win (and how!), there was no way W/we were going to miss a single second.

It was exhausting, but absolutely magical.

Words

I would give just about anything to have you share some space in the biggo bed so we could have a proper watch party piled up around pillows, munchies, and a gabfest!

Miss your face something terrible.

Medusa 11-06-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 693470)

YES!

Every time you hear the phrase "voter suppression", you have to take a swig (of whatever you are drinking!)

CXanderRun 11-06-2012 01:13 PM

While I will be at work from 6pm til midnight eastern time.. I will be making a lot of calls home checking on the results as the night progresses. I hope our nation does the right thing. :eatinghersheybar: I'll need something to get through the day.

DamonK 11-06-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 693476)
YES!

Every time you hear the phrase "voter suppression", you have to take a swig (of whatever you are drinking!)

I better go buy some more booze..... I'm not positive there is enough to cover that phrase

Rockinonahigh 11-06-2012 01:19 PM

I'm going to be sitting in my easy chair watching till it's done,fur kids and snacks for both of us on hand.

ruffryder 11-06-2012 01:22 PM

Ribeye is my fav! :) But thinks I'm making Ravioli with meat sauce tonight and cheese bread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 693470)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 693476)
YES!

and any word variation so "vote" counts too. :|

here you go folks, Election Map

Martina 11-06-2012 01:26 PM

I would have taken tomorrow off because I am likely going to be exhausted -- and now maybe hung over -- but it's CAHSEE testing (high school exit exam) here in California. Gotta be here.

I may have to watch CNN. I don't have a TV. I was getting MSNBC illegally online, but the site stopped offering it. Now I get the sound only. I do get to see Rachel every night because she allows her show to be downloaded.

Anyway, I can watch CNN. I think that they will be less paranoid too and mention voter suppression less. That way I will be able to administer the CAHSEE math test tomorrow without falling over.

Medusa 11-06-2012 01:28 PM

Poll Closing Times:

NOTE: All times are listed in Eastern Time. States designated by * have multiple closing times. Click the state for details.

6 p.m.
Indiana*
Kentucky*

7 p.m.
Florida*
Georgia
Indiana*
Kentucky*
South Carolina
Vermont
Virginia

7:30 p.m.
North Carolina
Ohio
West Virginia

8 p.m.
Alabama
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida*
Illinois
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Mississippi
Missouri
New Hampshire
New Jersey
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Dakota*
Tennessee
Texas*
8:30 p.m.
Arkansas

9 p.m.
Arizona
Colorado
Kansas*
Louisiana
Michigan*
Minnesota
Nebraska
New Mexico
New York
South Dakota*
Texas*
Wisconsin
Wyoming
10 p.m.
Idaho*
Iowa
Kansas*
Montana
Nevada
North Dakota*
Oregon*
Utah

11 p.m.
California
Hawaii
Idaho*
North Dakota*
Oregon*
Washington
12 a.m. & 1 a.m.
Alaska*

Medusa 11-06-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martina (Post 693484)
I would have taken tomorrow off because I am likely going to be exhausted -- and now maybe hung over -- but it's CAHSEE testing (high school exit exam) here in California. Gotta be here.

I may have to watch CNN. I don't have a TV. I was getting MSNBC illegally online, but the site stopped offering it. Now I get the sound only. I do get to see Rachel every night because she allows her show to be downloaded.

Anyway, I can watch CNN. I think that they will be less paranoid too and mention voter suppression less. That way I will be able to administer the CAHSEE math test tomorrow without falling over.

Im probably going to have to work at home in the morning because we were up until 3am during the last election. I don't see us going to bed before at least Midnight for this one.

Who the heck am I kidding? I won't be able to sleep until they confirm President Obama!

Okiebug61 11-06-2012 01:39 PM

My stomach is in knots. I didn't sleep at all last night. Red works late tonight. I may have to lock up the vodka so I'll still be sober when she gets home. Ughhh.

Corkey 11-06-2012 01:48 PM

I'm watching MSNBC and in mah jammies.

Martina 11-06-2012 02:07 PM

Yes, Rachel said to carb load. I tried last night -- pretzels. Tonight it's chili.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruffryder (Post 693483)
Ribeye is my fav! :) But thinks I'm making Ravioli with meat sauce tonight and cheese bread.

and any word variation so "vote" counts too. :|

here you go folks, Election Map

easygoingfemme 11-06-2012 02:13 PM

I'll be here...

If anyone finds a "best place to view this going down online" resource, please post, there are a number of us who don't have televisions!

Martina 11-06-2012 02:15 PM

This will give you CNN, but I imagine most of the networks are streaming live from their websites.

http://www.justin.tv/2ndruntv_cnn#/w/4114662480/23