Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fine Wine: Folks Over 50 (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   I'm 57 NOT dead!!! LOL!!! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2574)

DaniJay 12-29-2010 03:05 PM

I'm 57 NOT dead!!! LOL!!!

I love the "ButchFemme Dance". I'm trying to find where the over 50 Femms that still enjoy flirting, the "dance", but can also enjoy rich conversation.....where are you all hiding?

lipstixgal 12-29-2010 03:08 PM

Right here I'm in my fifties and femme loving the butch-femme dance too!! welcome and enjoy your stay...we have a singles thread and can use some more butches on there!!

DaniJay 12-29-2010 03:25 PM

Why thank you Ma'am

Nice to meet you Gail. how do I find this "singles thread"? Sounds like a good place if the Femmes out number the Butches....LOL

lipstixgal 12-29-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaniJay (Post 255548)
Nice to meet you Gail. how do I find this "singles thread"? Sounds like a good place if the Femmes out number the Butches....LOL

Its always out there but its under relationships etc on butch-femmeplanet forums...come visit us we need butches!!

Licious 03-20-2011 08:33 PM

*looks in* Okay, here I am out of hiding. :) 54, Femme. *waves*

morningstar55 03-20-2011 09:54 PM

hey there dani....... please to meet you ...... boise huh??
and 57?? ....... im not dead either... lol lol and im ahh 50ty ahhh 29 .... no wait .. 39 .. well anyways.
i started a fun thread tonight....... hope you enjoy it and maybe chime in with a song ..heh.

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ead.php?t=2983

*Anya* 06-24-2011 06:16 AM

I am so glad to have found this! I feel like RipVanWinkle. I came out- dated, fell in love-in my 20's, had 18 years living together, it's over & needed a few years to heal from it, woke up, rubbed my eyes all of a sudden- WTF, I am in my 50's! Still don't know how that happened! I find it very difficult to start over at this age. Decided I would just be alone for the rest of my life but last week on the Today show, thy interviewed a 91 year-old woman that just married her 82 year-old BF she met online! I said to self: "You are not 90, get going"! I still hate getting older though.

intrigue_in916 06-24-2011 06:37 AM

Being 57

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaniJay (Post 255536)
I love the "ButchFemme Dance". I'm trying to find where the over 50 Femms that still enjoy flirting, the "dance", but can also enjoy rich conversation.....where are you all hiding?

I think 57 is a good age, your still able to intrigue a femme. this femme lives in cali.

Darbonaire 05-04-2012 05:11 AM

Not dead at all.......looking forward to what lies ahead day to day......yippee !!!!

deedarino 05-04-2012 07:29 AM

We are everywhere...(f)

CherylNYC 05-04-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Anya* (Post 364434)
I am so glad to have found this! I feel like RipVanWinkle. I came out- dated, fell in love-in my 20's, had 18 years living together, it's over & needed a few years to heal from it, woke up, rubbed my eyes all of a sudden- WTF, I am in my 50's! Still don't know how that happened! I find it very difficult to start over at this age. Decided I would just be alone for the rest of my life but last week on the Today show, thy interviewed a 91 year-old woman that just married her 82 year-old BF she met online! I said to self: "You are not 90, get going"! I still hate getting older though.

I understand feeling strange about re-entering the dating pool in a totally different stage of life, but do you really hate getting older? There's only one other option because either we get to be older, or we don't.

I'm about to turn 50 this summer, and I'm very excited about it. I plan to enthusiastically celebrate my first half century partly because I had a close call last year, but I was planning to celebrate long before I had my accident.

My knees aren't cooperating with me quite as readily as they did a few decades ago, but I'm really glad I'm here to celebrate.

*Anya* 05-14-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylNYC (Post 577862)
I understand feeling strange about re-entering the dating pool in a totally different stage of life, but do you really hate getting older? There's only one other option because either we get to be older, or we don't.

I'm about to turn 50 this summer, and I'm very excited about it. I plan to enthusiastically celebrate my first half century partly because I had a close call last year, but I was planning to celebrate long before I had my accident.

My knees aren't cooperating with me quite as readily as they did a few decades ago, but I'm really glad I'm here to celebrate.

What is the alternative indeed?!

I wrote my post shortly after joining the Planet last June.

A lot has happened since that time for me. I did date for a short time but wound up falling in love with a butch on the Planet and we are still together.

Life can be good regardless of age.

clay 05-14-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylNYC (Post 577862)

Great post, Cheryl! I am about to embrace a whole new decade in my life..and I absolutely LOVE "aging with grace" and embrace life wholeheartedly! To me, age is just a number. My GF is always kidding me cabout "robbing the vradle" as she is 9 years younger. It just works, for me, anyway. I may have immobility issues, had my Big "C" scare last December, and I have to get tests every 3 months, for life, BUT I am NOT giving in. I kicked cancer's ass last December, and I aim to keep on kicking it. No matter what I am dealt, I still enjoy life, embrace it, and want to live. I enjoy so many things that I did when younger,. just with the aid of a scooter sometimes, but hey, THAT can be a whole lot of fun, too!!!
So, yea, I totally agree with you..the alternative to "not aging" vs. dying...umm yes, I will take life and aging...ANY day!
My GF calls me her sexy, silver butch..and I LOVE it!!!
Celebrate on, my awesome friend...I am there with you....thanks for the post!!!

CherylNYC 05-14-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Anya* (Post 584605)
What is the alternative indeed?!

I wrote my post shortly after joining the Planet last June.

A lot has happened since that time for me. I did date for a short time but wound up falling in love with a butch on the Planet and we are still together.

Life can be good regardless of age.

Whoops! I didn't notice the date on your post. I should be more careful about that when old threads get resurrected.

Oh, and Mazel Tov!

Sachita 05-14-2012 10:14 AM

Here I am! I admit that I get a little weird right before my birthday. But I enjoy being in my 50's. No one ever guesses my age when meeting me and I can run circles around people half my age. Age truly is just a number but being "golden" comes with other added benefits- I see things differently, enjoy life more, don't put up with shit and I love so much deeper then I did when I was younger and just discovering love.

I normally date younger but certainly not closed to someone in their 50's if they are active and enjoy doing outdoor things.

"One of the benefits of being a mature, well-educated woman is that you are not afraid of expletives.And you have no fear to put a fool in his place. That’s the power of language and experience. You learn a lot from Shakespeare." ~ Dame Judi Dench

Sachita 05-14-2012 10:19 AM

I met this 86 year old woman the other day. She was at lowes in the garden section. She wanted to me reach something and noticed some things in my basket and we began a conversation. She lost her husband 20 years prior. Anyhow, she was incredible! She said she tended her own garden and grew most of her food. that working in the yard and eating her own food has kept her healthy. She looked amazing. I want that to be me. I was invited to visit her and see her garden. She has fascinating stories just waiting for my ear.

okieblu 03-25-2014 09:11 AM

Hi ya

Hopefully this will kickstart this thread again.

I'm 57, will be 58 in just a couple of months. I'm sick right now so being a bit depressed, but 57 beats the hell outa being dead... a condition I've come far too close to, far too many times. I'm a little slower, and my joints sound like a bowl of Rice Crispies in the mornings, and I look 10 yrs older than I am-which is what 40 yrs of smoking will get you. I finally managed to quit, it'll be 6 yrs this May. It's improved my health, but didn't do a damned thing about the looks. 'Fraid that's permanent. sigh...

I've gotten to be an old grump, something I need to work on. I hated people like that when I was young and really do NOT want to be one now I'm old.

What was this thread about again? lol

introverted1 04-10-2017 05:52 PM

I'm going to be 56 in June, and my age is one of my fave things about me. I still move really well and don't have any aches or pains.

My sex drive is still very high, and now I have somebody to experience that with.

Honestly, I would never go back to twenty-anything...there is nothing like having been through life's experiences and knowing what I know.

introverted1 04-10-2017 05:53 PM

I'm posting on ancient threads again. So disappointing when I discover that.

Chad 04-10-2017 06:33 PM

Not dead

I am 56 and not dead!!!

I work just as hard as I did 30 years ago.

I am young at heart and in my brain.

:cowboy: