Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235)

ahk 10-21-2012 04:43 PM

Hey all-- I had a family emergency and I was wondering if we could bump this back 1 more week-- I also have finals this week, with juggling folks, school, rotations --

Would everyone mind if we get this all out by the 28th? I am still needing addresses/address from deb0670 -- could you please send me your address and email, thanks.

a.

Gemme 10-21-2012 04:49 PM

I'm fine with it.

Tommi 10-21-2012 06:15 PM

Thank You, Thank You.

I am enjoying all of the wonderful things I received in the last Project.

Writing with my pen, wearing great neck pieces, and reading my book marked in place, twirling the black N white wrist bracelt, taking my Steelers keys as I run out the door to catch the game.

Som, again thanks for it being fun and full of good stuff that will last longer than a Marshmallow ghost
:)

laruss 10-21-2012 06:41 PM

I am good with the push back as I was unsure of the date.
Where are we sending everything to you ahk? or are we getting addresses?

I am hoping my jewelry will be there this week before I move. I am out of the city until Thursday so that gives it lots of time and I leave on Sunday. Looking forward to it as I have heard wonderful things about all the pieces.

ahk 10-22-2012 06:54 PM

I will be sending the addresses to you--
Soon-- I promise.

Thanks for being patient --

a.

deb0670 10-22-2012 06:57 PM

ahk- been praying for you and your family. Hope all is okies

SingularNYCFemme 10-22-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahk (Post 681906)
I will be sending the addresses to you--
Soon-- I promise.

Thanks for being patient --

a.

No problem with patience here, I have no idea what I'm going to do yet!

ahk 10-22-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb0670 (Post 681908)
ahk- been praying for you and your family. Hope all is okies

Thank you-- I just want this week to be over and its only Monday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingularNYCFemme (Post 681913)
No problem with patience here, I have no idea what I'm going to do yet!

Just photographs of your "world" -- could be something like pics through out your day :

what you ate for breakfast?
a pic on your way to work?
a pic of your desk?
a pic of lunch?
etc etc-- have fun with it!

:koolaid:

deb0670 10-22-2012 09:22 PM

ok, so, take a pic, put a stamp on it and send it that way? or take a pic, attach it to a note card or post card, and send it?

LeftWriteFemme 10-22-2012 09:25 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I love my bracelets and book mark, my silver caged river rock is awesome and I adore my cephalopod.

I appreciate everyone's hard work! Again thank you for sharing with me!

love, Sherrie

ahk 10-23-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb0670 (Post 682100)
ok, so, take a pic, put a stamp on it and send it that way? or take a pic, attach it to a note card or post card, and send it?

yep, yep, yep, and yep-- you can do it any of these ways.

I usually just put a index on the back so I can write something and its a bit heavier and won't rip as easy going through mail, but you can do it any way you want.

have fun! :sock:

nycfem 10-23-2012 07:09 PM

I'm going to have an individualized picture on one side and then write an individualized story to the receiver on the other side. I'm going to use pictures I've already taken and saved since I don't really take pictures much these days. I like to let things I've saved make their way out into the world.

Thanks for the fun project, ahk. It's nice to do something totally outside the holiday season :)

nycfem 10-23-2012 07:51 PM

Now I'm rethinking my idea...
Isn't that the best and hardest part of these projects :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfembbw (Post 682614)
I'm going to have an individualized picture on one side and then write an individualized story to the receiver on the other side. I'm going to use pictures I've already taken and saved since I don't really take pictures much these days. I like to let things I've saved make their way out into the world.

Thanks for the fun project, ahk. It's nice to do something totally outside the holiday season :)

nycfem 10-23-2012 07:53 PM

Reposting this so that it's near the top again, because I like to remind myself who my muses are and what the heck I'm doing :D

small post card exchange

Theme: Your World. You take a photograph of "your world" (could be your living room, your work space, your car, your family -- anything that you feel is part of you) and send it to each one who ever is joining.

The last one I did, I took several different pics, wrote on the back of what I was taking a pic of, and who I was, and sent them out randomly. If you use a reg size photo (4x6) all you would need is a postcard stamp --- (.32).

lets do it!!

1. ahk
2. Corkey
3. Jennifer / nycfembbw
4. Amiyesiam
5. laruss
6. Gemme
7.SingularNYCFemme
8. deb0670

ahk 10-23-2012 10:35 PM

Thanks NYCFem-- for helping me out, I really appreciate it.

and I love your idea, btw--

deb0670 10-23-2012 11:33 PM

hmmm okies thanks.. gotta figure out how to print out pics i guess from my digital camera.. or.. buy a camera with regular film

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahk (Post 682610)
yep, yep, yep, and yep-- you can do it any of these ways.

I usually just put a index on the back so I can write something and its a bit heavier and won't rip as easy going through mail, but you can do it any way you want.

have fun! :sock:

laruss 10-24-2012 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb0670 (Post 682840)
hmmm okies thanks.. gotta figure out how to print out pics i guess from my digital camera.. or.. buy a camera with regular film

Put the pictures on a stick and take them to Walmart or other such place or now you can send them from your computer to places like Walmart and Costco.

ahk 10-25-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laruss (Post 682925)
Put the pictures on a stick and take them to Walmart or other such place or now you can send them from your computer to places like Walmart and Costco.

I agree.

This is not intended to be an expensive or time consuming project-- just have fun and share.

I will be putting the address list together today and send it out via email to everyone. Thought that if everyone could get their stuff sent out by November 3 -- that would be awesome.

If any new questions, let me know-- or ask Jennifer, I'm sure she'll help out or some how get a hold of me. My time is starting to get easier, I have one more day of classes this week (before I am off for 1 week) and my family is starting to finally being "normal" again-- So thank you everyone for being understanding and for the thoughts in the process. Much appreciated.

Best! :sock:

laruss 10-25-2012 12:44 PM

Being in Canada, we don't have the cheap postcard rate. I am going to print the pictures on paper and pop them in an envelope.
I got the mailing list today so this is on my list of things to do before I head out of town.

SingularNYCFemme 10-25-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laruss (Post 683867)
Being in Canada, we don't have the cheap postcard rate. I am going to print the pictures on paper and pop them in an envelope.
I got the mailing list today so this is on my list of things to do before I head out of town.

I think I want to put my whatever-they-turn-out-to-bes in envelopes too. I don't want them exposed to the elements!