Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235)

Pixie 07-06-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 145936)
*grin*

That would piss me off. Doing all that work, getting it just so and then...swish...all gone. Yeah. I'd only do it once.

I love that idea... you get to appreciate it and put effort into and express your moment and then it starts a clean slate for a new muse. I think that's why i like body painting so much!

Diva 07-06-2010 02:01 PM

Jenn, my project will be going out in tomorrow's mail! FINALLY! :)

Fun project!

nycfem 07-06-2010 05:37 PM

Of course that is fine.
I am so sorry to hear that Dakota has been having such serious problems. To have a sick pet is so stressful and upsetting. Wishing you both well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by purepisces (Post 146349)
Well, this is a big relief to me. I can't believe that I haven't managed to get these finished yet. I was off work for four days and thought I would have them done with time to spare; but I didn't work on them at all.

My little Dakota is deathly ill, so sick in fact that I took her into the vet on Friday night prepared to have her put to sleep, after having spent the day watching her condition decline. When we got to the vet though, she perked up and made it clear that she wasn't ready to go just yet. So, we went back home and she had permission from the doctor to eat as many Oreo cookies as she wanted (which turned out to be 22). We somehow made it though the weekend, but she took another turn for the worse yesterday (she wouldn't eat anything, including cookies) and we were back at the vet's. He gave her another shot to try and stimulate her appetite and said we should give it till Thursday to see if we can get her eating again.

So, I have been on an emotional roller coaster. I haven't been able to focus on anything but her.

But, I am going to work on these projects, I promise. I really do love the theme.

Diva 07-07-2010 07:59 PM

Jenn....

Just wanted You to know that my 'dictions are on their way to You...in this morning's mail!

Yea!

nycfem 07-10-2010 12:04 AM

Gemme, your addictions' projects have been received! I love collage! And how come everything you do comes out so perfect?! Hmff! Love 'em!!!!!!!!

You are #3. Me thinks a certain Diva may be next... :)

Gemme 07-10-2010 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfembbw (Post 149378)
Gemme, your addictions' projects have been received! I love collage! And how come everything you do comes out so perfect?! Hmff! Love 'em!!!!!!!!

You are #3. Me thinks a certain Diva may be next... :)

Ha! Far from perfect. *grin*

I had a battle with adhesive on those. In the end, I wound up putting them together and then stacking a big ole bunch of magazines on them for a couple of days. I guess it's been too hot for the gel adhesive to adhere or maybe it's because I chose textured cardstock.

*shrug*

I'm really glad you like them! :cheesy:

nycfem 07-14-2010 05:48 PM

Today I received Diva's addiction projects. They are gorgeous!!! They came to my old address (the 646 one) but luckily I live 2 blocks away, and so the new tenant got them to me today at my current address (the 309 one). BB and I were "oohing" and ahhhing" over each one at dinner tonight! Fabulous divalicious work, my friend!

Thus far I have projects from:
1) Ami
2) Diva
3) Gemme
4) Pixie
5) nycfembbw

I am waiting to receive projects from:
1) Tommi
2) SingularNYCFemme
3) Femmebaker
4) Softness
5) Purepisces

Would you all be able to have them out in the mail by this Monday? Pretty please with addictive sugar on top :)

Diva 07-14-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfembbw (Post 152979)
Today I received Diva's addiction projects. They are gorgeous!!! They came to my old address (the 646 one) but luckily I live 2 blocks away, and so the new tenant got them to me today at my current address (the 309 one). BB and I were "oohing" and ahhhing" over each one at dinner tonight! Fabulous divalicious work, my friend!

1) Ami
2) Diva
3) Gemme
4) Pixie
5) nycfembbw

1) Tommi
2) SingularNYCFemme
3) Femmebaker
4) Softness
5) Purepisces

Would you all be able to have them out in the mail by this Monday? Pretty please with addictive sugar on top :)

Rut roh! Sorry about that! It DID occur to me to ASK if I had the right addy......forgive me.... :praying:

purepisces 07-14-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

1) Ami
2) Diva
3) Gemme
4) Pixie
5) nycfembbw

1) Tommi
2) SingularNYCFemme
3) Femmebaker
4) Softness
5) Purepisces

Yes! I'm almost done, I might even be able to get them mailed out on Friday.

Soft*Silver 07-14-2010 08:57 PM

Nycfembbw..I sent you a PM about my project...

Diva 07-15-2010 01:25 AM

Thanks, Jenn, for Your new address! It's been corrected in my Addy Book!

I don't mean to jump the gun......but what's the next project? Who's wranglin'? I'm hungry! ;)

Gemme 07-15-2010 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 153348)
Thanks, Jenn, for Your new address! It's been corrected in my Addy Book!

I don't mean to jump the gun......but what's the next project? Who's wranglin'? I'm hungry! ;)

It might be a good idea to hold off until after the bash, especially since folks are still getting their goods from this one to Jennifer.

Just a thought. :)

Come September, I'll be ready for sure. :cheesy:

Diva 07-15-2010 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 153360)
It might be a good idea to hold off until after the bash, especially since folks are still getting their goods from this one to Jennifer.

Just a thought. :)

Come September, I'll be ready for sure. :cheesy:

I'm geared up!

Gemme 07-15-2010 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 153363)
I'm geared up!

You can do mine for me this coming round, if'n you want. :blink:

That way, I KNOW they'll rock!

Diva 07-15-2010 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 153369)
You can do mine for me this coming round, if'n you want. :blink:

That way, I KNOW they'll rock!

Oh please....Your things are terrific! And You know it! (Or You SHOULD know it, "MissyMiss"! ;) )

Pixie 07-15-2010 06:22 AM

The holding off thing is an idea.....

and in the mean time...

We could do a sign up list to write a good old letter to another. Could scramble up the numbers to see who gets who and it can be short or long, love or surface stuff. :)

Just an idea :D

SingularNYCFemme 07-15-2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

1) Ami
2) Diva
3) Gemme
4) Pixie
5) nycfembbw

1) Tommi
2) SingularNYCFemme
3) Femmebaker
4) Softness
5) Purepisces

I am soooo sorry that I am unable to get my stuff done, and need to drop out. What do I need to give you, dear Wrangler VBVFFFFF#1FC? I am sincerely sorry because as a theme, it would be perhaps the one with which I am most familiar in terms of my life history. Alas, creative inspiration has refused to arrive in time.

With hugs and sincere apologies,
Cathy

nycfem 07-15-2010 07:59 AM

Those who don't drop out will receive an extra back in the mail of your own projects if you've already sent 9 to me. For those of you who have not yet sent to me, please only send 8. Thanks!

Gemme 07-15-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixieStars (Post 153406)
The holding off thing is an idea.....

and in the mean time...

We could do a sign up list to write a good old letter to another. Could scramble up the numbers to see who gets who and it can be short or long, love or surface stuff. :)

Just an idea :D

Pixie, my dear, this is a lovely idea. I would be open to this. I can write one little letter, no problem! :cheesy:

amiyesiam 07-15-2010 11:16 AM

I think holding off till sept would be a good thing. The letter writing thing sounds doable