Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What would you give away? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161)

Lady_Wu 04-13-2010 12:14 AM

What would you give away?

if you could give away anything or things, what would it/they be? The give-away might be physical, like that treasured chair of Aunt Bertha's that you've always secretly hated. or it might be emotional, like the feelings of anger and hurt that tie you to an ex. it might be metaphysical, like the ties of craving that hold you to samsara. it could be all three.
for myself, physically, i'm giving away most of my clothes. my beautiful Winter Sun and Flax skirts and tops that no longer will ever fit. plus anything that ties me to this world, that i'm overly fond of. i'm saying to myself,"pretend that you're moving and give away anything that is not totally essential to your life."
emotionally, i'm giving up feelings of anger, shame, and guilt. i do not need these: they are toxic to me and to others around me. they are a hindrance to my spiritual development.
metaphysically, i am giving away craving and desire. starting today, i will no longer look at catalogs, watch QVC, or do anything that will bring up a feeling of craving, be it physical, emotional, or metaphysical. i have given up craving recognition for anything that i do. and i have even given up craving enlightenment -for myself. when i meditate, i sit. when i do yoga nidra, i do yoga nidra. when i pray for others, i pray-for others.
Namaste,
femme2tao:ohm:

apretty 04-13-2010 12:37 AM

addiction.

hippieflowergirl 04-13-2010 01:06 AM

i've got a lot of ignorance up for grabs....

anyone?

no?

okay, how about sneakers then? i'll throw them in free. i have 4 pair. 3 converse (2 pink and 1 black) and a pair of the very business like, i-can-kick-serious-sporty-ass sort.

Soft*Silver 04-13-2010 01:38 AM

I would give away joy...because I would want to share it...

AtLast 04-13-2010 04:44 AM

I would give away anger that is not productive or blocks my growth and understanding. Some anger motivates me, but not bitter anger that festers and is basd upon false or imagined premises. Best to give it to the universe for transformation.

Ah, we humans!

Rook 04-13-2010 05:16 AM

I do have a small container full of assorted Jelly Bellies :hrmph:

anyone want a siberian husky? :blink:

Nat 04-13-2010 05:37 AM

I might give away Freud, but I'm keeping Jung.

Rockinonahigh 04-13-2010 08:03 AM

Id give up anger and the frustration that comes with it because if my disablity.

Soft*Silver 04-13-2010 10:33 AM

Ok..I would give away my inability to handle a checkbook. Honestly, anything with numbers makes me crazy. I wish I could handle numbers better...

Gemme 04-13-2010 05:12 PM

I'll take Rook's Husky! :dog:

I've got lots of stuff to give away and/or send to the emotional/spiritual landfill in the sky:

Resentment towards my mother, exes and friends (and ex friends)
Lack of innocence
About 10 years of abusive memories
Self-sabotage
The expectation that there's always an angle/shoe will drop/etc
Harsh criticisms toward myself and others

and, finally

the spandex unitard :blink:

Greyson 04-13-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rook (Post 84456)

---Yes!---

blush 04-13-2010 06:15 PM

I've got a washer up for grabs!

But you might wanna hurry, our Brand New LG Graphite Steel Steam Washer comes in on Sat.!:)

WolfyOne 04-13-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippieflowergirl (Post 84435)
i've got a lot of ignorance up for grabs....

anyone?

no?

okay, how about sneakers then? i'll throw them in free. i have 4 pair. 3 converse (2 pink and 1 black) and a pair of the very business like, i-can-kick-serious-sporty-ass sort.

*raises hand* Hi my name is Wolfy and I'm a sneaker or in Chicago we call them gym shoes, addict, but I'll never be caught dead or alive in the pink ones. I even have a hard time throwing away my old beat up ones. I always tell myself I can use them for yard work......so, I was asked once, just how many old pairs do you really think you need for that.

WolfyOne 04-13-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by softness (Post 84438)
I would give away joy...because I would want to share it...

So, what you're saying is that joy isn't a person......and to think I was almost ready to accept something from these posts.

WolfyOne 04-13-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rook (Post 84456)
I do have a small container full of assorted Jelly Bellies :hrmph:

Tease us with jelly beans and give away a dog

Trade you one dog for 3 of my cats because they're so much smaller.

WolfyOne 04-13-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 84806)

I've got lots of stuff to give away and/or send to the emotional/spiritual landfill in the sky:

Resentment towards my mother, exes and friends (and ex friends)
Lack of innocence
About 10 years of abusive memories
Self-sabotage
The expectation that there's always an angle/shoe will drop/etc
Harsh criticisms toward myself and others

and, finally

the spandex unitard :blink:

Gemmie this time I have nothing smart to say to you......I must be broken.

I do however have a hug for you because friends don't let other friends let go of that kind of stuff without one.

Greyson 04-13-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 84806)

Congrats Gemme. Who could not love a Husky? Well unless said Husky is ................ never mind. Again, enjoy and congratulations to you and the beauty dog.

WolfyOne 04-13-2010 06:33 PM

Now as for me, I'm a packrat and stuff my own feelings away, so I'll have to give it some thought and come back here when I have a proper answer.

Selenay 04-13-2010 06:40 PM

Believe and be free.

Fear

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/36/...f0f45da4c9.jpg

~Bo 04-13-2010 07:19 PM

I'd like to give Fred Phelps away, but I don't think anybody would take him. :(