Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Where is your slice of heaven? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1183)

Kobi 04-14-2010 01:56 PM

Where is your slice of heaven?

I was sitting on the beach reading today. As usual my mind started wandering and I was very aware of no matter what is going on in my life, no matter what my mood, no matter what is on my mind......the ocean is where I go.

Here, I find peace in the waves, enjoy the warmth from the sun, experience joy in watching and feeding my pals the seagulls (these notorious savengers will eat anything but fruit loops), awaken the child in me in finding treasures in the sand, and find the answers to anything I am struggling with, just popping into my head.

It is the place where I feel one with nature and the place I can always feel and hear God.

Where do you go?

KayCee 04-14-2010 02:04 PM

Same with me, Kobi. I grew up in Southern California as a real surfer 'baby' and the beach was my most favorite place to be. I loved diving in to the waves, sitting in the sun and digging my toes in to the hot sand while I was looking way out to the endless horizon. I found the sound of the waves most comforting and enjoyed the fresh salty breeze. I love the ocean, the beach. Always have, always will...oh..how I miss it!

Kat

ps: never liked the seagulls that much though..they always tried to pick at my crackers..lol...

Words 04-14-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobi (Post 85339)
Where do you go?

Submission.

Definitely the most peaceful place on earth.

AtLast 04-14-2010 02:54 PM

Silence.... Difficult to arrange, but where I need to be when the static mounts. Taking off on a secluded walk/hike or camping is my usual trek to being able to not talk myself and be clear of many human voice intrusions. LOL.. I have even gone into a few days of seclusion in monastic life institutions for this (without any particular religious meaning attached)!

Just how I clear my own clutter ......

Andrew, Jr. 04-14-2010 03:03 PM

In the late spring/summer:
Sitting in a beach chair on the beach about 4pm to 4:30pm just as the sun is setting. I find it so refreshing. Perfect time.

In the fall:
Outside in a garden...alone.

In the winter:
When it's snowing, I find it defining. Love it!

Heart 04-14-2010 03:18 PM

The thing about heaven, is you have to be able to get there. If only I could live on the Cape year-round. Coney Island doesn't quite cut it, though it has its own charms.

A seagull once snatched the hot dog out of the bun my son had in his mouth.

I think my current heaven is in a little cafe near my house that has free Wi-fi, is always quiet, and has the best coffee around.

shadows papa 04-14-2010 03:41 PM

On my Bicycle

One particular slice of heaven for me is on my bicycle.When everything else slips away,but being inside the beating of my own heart,as it labors mightily to get me to the top of a hill,or trying to seperate the racing of the wind,with the pounding of my heart,when I am tucked in,and tearing down the hill at 35-40 mph,with nothing between me and a bad case of road rash,but instinct,reflexes and a bit of intestinal fortitude.That for me,is where only existing ends and true living starts. Shad

foxyshaman 04-14-2010 03:51 PM

Heaven is when I am singing or playing my drum. When I enter trance and remember there is no veil between spirit and myself.

Spiritual Healings are very peaceful and beautiful. When I see or feel my patient release, that is a step closer to heaven.

When I see a spirit depart - whether clearing a house or during depossession, the deep peace that gives me is indescribable. The bliss can last for hours after.

Barring that & I am at work - a really good strong make my heart pound cup of coffee... mmmmmm

Ldyluck88 04-14-2010 04:18 PM

No matter how awesome the view, how spectacular the surroundings, I have discovered that "heaven" lies within myself. Not to be condecending or anything, but I do not have the capabilities to go to see one of these awesome sights of mother nature everyday, so I tend to close my eyes, and visualize all the concepts of "heaven". I guess to me, heaven is not what I see, but what it makes me feel inside. Just my :2cents:

WickedFemme 04-14-2010 04:55 PM

Interesting reading about everyone's peaceful places whether it's an outside stimulus that triggers an internal peace or vice versa.
My peaceful place is within but there are times when it helps to have peaceful surroundings to help trigger a heightened sense of peace, calm, etc.. for me it's the mountains or being outside in nature away from computers, phones, etc.. it lets me know what is really important and what really matters and that is so incredibly humbling it brings me down to reality.. that is 'peaceful'.

KayCee 04-14-2010 06:49 PM

Here: http://my-blackberry.net/wallpapers/...California.jpg

Jett 04-14-2010 06:58 PM

It's always been riding my motorcycles... preferably on rural roads through woods and valleys, meadowlands... hitting hot and cold pockets... cutting through small towns... that's my slice...

Cowboi 04-14-2010 07:07 PM

The beach. Listening to and watching the water, just melts my troubles away. The mountains run a close second.

apretty 04-14-2010 07:11 PM

lucky's pizza (slice of deep dish heaven!)

north park (san diego), ca

Oiler41 04-14-2010 07:18 PM

I've always been partial to the Smokey Mountains, and Cades Cove in particular. Something draws me there and I really can't pinpoint what, but it is a place that I find peaceful and restful. I love it there.

I like the mountains in general, but the Smokies have always topped the list.

Glynn

Blade 04-14-2010 07:25 PM

No place like home, right here on Peaceful Ridge is my slice of heaven most of the time. But I'm right there with Oiler, I love my Smokey Mountains. I haven't lost much at the beach but I will go there in the off seasons.

Lynn 04-14-2010 07:52 PM

I guess it changes from time to time. During my work week, I love the drive I do twice a week from Albany to the edge of the Berkshires. Highways and roads have distinct characters. That particular ride is so peaceful and relaxing to me.

If I could be anywhere, it would be sitting in a comfortable chair on my (still to be constructed) screened-in porch. My backyard is a private, dense, green space that smells and sounds like the deep woods.

I strive to make my life relaxing enough that I don't need a vacation in order to find peace.

Soft*Silver 04-14-2010 07:58 PM

Horses. Breathing in their scent. Feeling the thickness of their manes. Offering them treats and being lipped by their almost prehensile upper lip asking and looking for more. Grooming them. Shedding away the loose hair and expecting more to be on me than on them after I am done. Petting the space between their eyes and knowing they cannot see it..only feel it. Their eyes work on the sides, not in front. They are prey animals and need side vision more than they need front vision. Knowing they trust me to lay my hands where they cannot see. Listening ...as they eat the grain I drop into their feeder. Finding solace in the simple quiet contented noises of them enjoying what I provide for them. Loving how they drink...quietly dipping their lips in the water and watching their throat latch swallow as they drink...then as they rise their head out of the bucket, leftover water drains from them...and their eyes get heavy with satiation....

Horses...

Hack 04-14-2010 08:06 PM

Great thread

For me, heaven is many things, constantly changing...but the thing that remains the same is the deep sense of peace and timelessness I feel inside. Here are some examples, some general and some very specific, of my slices of heaven....

Seagull Point, the stretch of Lake Huron beach where I grew up.

The streets of Bruges in Belgium, where I had easily the most romantic experience with another person I have ever had.

Any visit to Snowbound Books in Marquette, Michigan.

The French Quarter.

Between the creamy thighs of a beautiful woman.

Over a cup of coffee or similar hot beverage with a person of amazing soul.

A hike along Rainbow Falls Gorge near Bessemer, Michigan.

A strip of beach on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

Thompson's Harbor State Park in northern Michigan with warblers dripping from the trees on a mid-May morning.

A hike in the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore area of Michigan's Upper Peninsula, with its remnant boreal forests.

A great meal at Second Empire in Raleigh, NC; or Della Notte in Baltimore, MD; Cascadia in Seattle (now closed) or the Rowe Inn in Ellsworth, MI; or the best chicken salad wrap ever at Dish in Traverse City, MI; shrimp and grits at NoFo or the Flying Biscuit in Raleigh; or great deli at The Bagel in Chicago.

Any art museum, anywhere.

A night game at Comerica Park in Detroit.

Miss Scarlett 04-14-2010 08:10 PM

Like Blade and Oiler, I adore the Great Smoky Mountains - Maggie Valley and Cataloochee Valley in particular.