Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Arcade: Reset scores? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7621)

Linus 11-03-2014 02:21 PM

Arcade: Reset scores?

I thinking that it may be a good time to reset scores on games as I suspect some of the "issues" may be related to the length that "top scores" are kept. I may have to also go through and purge some of the games so that we get to a core set, making it easier for me to track down updates so that we can address bugs in the games.

To start, I'd like to get some feedback on score resets. So if you can answer the survey above. And in a post list your top 5 BFP Arcade games in order that you play most often.

Breathless 11-03-2014 02:53 PM

I worked very hard to earn my scores..
I agree.. reset.. only if we have to. There are a few games that we don't currently play because they have saving issues or freezing issues. Maybe a reset, just to clean it up and drop some of the scores of people who haven't been around in years.. freeing up that data space again.

Kobi 11-03-2014 03:02 PM

If we knew for sure that resetting would solve the problems, then I say yes.

If we dont know if it will fix the problem and if we havent investigated other potential avenues of correction i.e. making sure updates have been applied to all games, then I say no.

And, I cant say I ever heard of long term high scores ever mucking up any games even on game sites. Unaddressed maintenance issues, poor game design, and unsupported games are usually the culprit.

Resetting might be expedient but it may not be the cure.

GeorgiaMa'am 11-03-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobi (Post 946220)

If we knew for sure that resetting would solve the problems, then I say yes.

If we dont know if it will fix the problem and if we havent investigated other potential avenues of correction i.e. making sure updates have been applied to all games, then I say no.

I'm with Kobi on this. As Breathless said, I also worked very hard for my scores. I know Kobi did too. I think other things should be tried first.

Would it be worth a try to wipe out scores from people who haven't played in a long time? or people who haven't logged in to BFP in a long time? Also (and maybe you've already tried this) could an appeal be made to other BFPers to review the issues and see if there are any for which they can offer solutions? I know I've never reviewed the list of arcade problems in the forum, because you do such a good job of keeping it all up and running, I've just assumed it was all under control.

My fave 5 changes all the time, but currently they are:
Wordcube
Super PacMan
Suds
Box of Chocolates
Tetris 2

Thanks for spending your time looking into these fixes, Linus.

Jesse 11-03-2014 07:21 PM

My five favorites are:

1. Shanghai 2 Mahjong
2. Zodiac Leo Mahjong
3. Flip words
4. Spider Solitaire One suit
5. Skyblocks

I voted no on the re-set, but I voted before I read why the reset may be needed. If it takes resetting the scores in order to fix the problems, then we will just have to live with it. :)

TruTexan 11-04-2014 08:08 PM

I play all the mahjong games , yatzee, spider solitaire,box of chocolates game, etc. I play all different games depending on my mood at the time.

If resetting needs to be done to fix issues, then I say Just do it.
I voted yes on the resetting if it would fix the issues.

DapperButch 11-05-2014 06:47 AM

I wonder how many people voted yes to resetting the scores whose motivation is to get closer to hitting the top score, rather than a more altruistic motivation? ;)

Just a thought.

P.S. I have never been to the arcade, so no, I didn't vote. If I were a top scorer though, I would implore BFP to check all avenues before deleting top scores (or leave at leave the top 10 or something). Games can be serious stuff to some people.

NJFemmie 11-16-2014 06:31 PM

Yes.
Because I haven't been in here in a while and I am sure I suck at them by now.
:seeingstars:

ChiGirl23 11-18-2014 11:56 PM

Arcade Scores Like Throwback Days

Should stand until bumped off- Old Fashion I Guess!?:hangloose: