Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Downton Abbey (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4652)

Medusa 02-19-2012 08:33 AM

Downton Abbey

I've just started watching "Downton Abbey" on Netflix and am in LOVE with the show!

Anyone else watching?

Anyone else wish that Mrs. O'Brien would get socked right in the teeth?!

Prudence 02-19-2012 09:03 AM

I crazy about this show. I get to watch a new episode tonight at 8pm. And yes.. O'Brien needs to take one in the kisser. All of season one can be seen on pbs.org Masterpiece Classic, for those who may want to catch up on this fantastic show. Thank you for starting this thread.. I know of several here that watch the show. What do you think of Patrick? Imposter or not? :missing:

Medusa 02-19-2012 09:05 AM

I haven't gotten as far as Patrick yet!

Just started watching and am only on episode 5 of Season 1. I can tell that I will spend the next 2 days watching all the episodes! HOOKED!

I really like John Bates and hope that they keep his character around for a while!

Stitch 02-19-2012 09:07 AM

Looove Downton Abbey!!!

I like Bates the best! Thomas the least! and Daisy seriously needs a new dress.

Also I am pretty in love with Michelle Dockery/Lady Mary and I want her to narrate all the books I read from now on.

MysticOceansFL 02-19-2012 09:16 AM

I'll be checking it out since a few like the show!!! Thanks Ms Medusa!!!!!

WolfyOne 02-19-2012 10:06 AM

Sounds interesting, but do I need another TV addiction....hmmmm.

Medusa 02-19-2012 10:09 AM

You'd love it, BrotherWolfy, and it would be worth it!

I am on a new episode and just shrieked at the tv! That Mrs. O'Brien is EVIL!!!!!!!!

WolfyOne 02-19-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 530992)
You'd love it, BrotherWolfy, and it would be worth it!

I am on a new episode and just shrieked at the tv! That Mrs. O'Brien is EVIL!!!!!!!!

I'll be charging up those extra batteries for my headset :blink:

Melissa 02-19-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 530937)
I've just started watching "Downton Abbey" on Netflix and am in LOVE with the show!

Anyone else watching?

Yes, we have been watching. We both love it. There is a Christmas episode this week I think. So far haven't missed an episode. My great Aunt was a nurse in WWI and worked in the trenches so it was interesting seeing the latest episodes about the war and the nurses and Sybil's training.

ScandalAndy 02-19-2012 11:02 AM

I've watched season 1, season 2 and the christmas special. I am in LOVE with the show and all the characters!

SugarFemme 02-19-2012 11:36 AM

I am not usually into a TV show like I am Downton Abbey. I LOVEEEEE this show. Only thing is, it is way too short LOL. I want more episodes. It is definitely NOT a guilty pleasure for me. I HAVE ZERO guilt watching it LOL. Lady Sybil is so beautiful. I LOVE that Maggie Smith is in it. Hugh Bonneville is one of my fav actors. Tonight is the last night. I could cry LOL.

pajama 02-20-2012 01:17 PM

So with season 2 ending, my FB is blowing up. So why hadn't I heard of this before? I went to On Demand and there's nothing. grrrr Now gotta go find season 1 before season 2 gets taken off the PBS website. Maybe McKay's has a copy.

Gotta see what this is all about.

Ebon 02-20-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 530937)

Anyone else watching?

Mrs. O'Brien gets much much better. Thomas is still a prick though. You are going to love it. I just watched the season finale of season 2 yeaterday. Shirley McClain is going to be in Season 3. Sybil is my favorite and Maggie Smiths character. Love this show!!

ScandalAndy 02-20-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebon (Post 531804)
Mrs. O'Brien gets much much better. Thomas is still a prick though. You are going to love it. I just watched the season finale of season 2 yeaterday. Shirley McClain is going to be in Season 3. Sybil is my favorite and Maggie Smiths character. Love this show!!

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?! Shirley McClain? Oh man, this show just keeps getting better!

Ebon 02-20-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScandalAndy (Post 531812)
WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?! Shirley McClain? Oh man, this show just keeps getting better!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1242175.html

I guess I spelled her name wrong. Shirley MacLaine will be Lady Granthams mom. Wooo can't wait!!! Her and Maggie Smith are going to be awesome!

Stitch 02-21-2012 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScandalAndy (Post 531812)

Darling, how did you not know this?

Prudence 02-21-2012 06:12 AM

Thank you again Medusa for starting this thread. Sunday night I saw the last episode of season 2. I won't give anything away. Stay tuned... its just gets better.. :mountie:

ScandalAndy 02-21-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ink (Post 532349)
Darling, how did you not know this?

shush, you! I haven't been keeping up with the gossip. I've been losing myself in "Sherlock" until my beloved Downton Abbey comes back. BTW BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH! I'm having a moment. He was in War Horse and is in the new Star Trek movie!!

Oooops, derail.

Back to DA: The christmas special made me swoon!

Stitch 02-21-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScandalAndy (Post 532377)
shush, you! I haven't been keeping up with the gossip. I've been losing myself in "Sherlock" until my beloved Downton Abbey comes back. BTW BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH! I'm having a moment. He was in War Horse and is in the new Star Trek movie!!

Oooops, derail.

Back to DA: The christmas special made me swoon!

I know I am in the minority here, but I love Martin Freeman more!!!
Irene Adler made my life better too!!!

back to DA:

I hope Daisy eventually gets a freaking back bone!

ScandalAndy 02-21-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ink (Post 532403)
I know I am in the minority here, but I love Martin Freeman more!!!
Irene Adler made my life better too!!!

back to DA:

I hope Daisy eventually gets a freaking back bone!

Ugh Daisy and her wishy-washy-ness!! Sometimes I just wanna slap some sense into that girl!!