Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What did you watch on Netflix/Hulu/other streaming sites? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5772)

Hack 09-08-2013 11:32 AM

I believe the documentary "The House I Live In" is streaming on Netflix now. Great documentary, if you get a chance to view it.

Hollylane 09-08-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deirdre (Post 842220)
I started watching Alphas and liked it, but just couldn't get hooked like I did with Fringe. I am terrible with cliff-hanging, which is probably because I'm anxious enough as it is, so I usually don't watch constant-cliffhanger shows. That said, almost every show is like that now, so...

As far as my Netflix watching:

Nothing. I think I've watched everything on Netflix. Twice. So I hope they update their catalog soon! If I keep seeing the same recommendations for things I have already watched, I am going to stab myself in the face with a fork.

And then do it again.

Yes, I agree about both the fork X2, and that Fringe is better. I toggle between both Netflix & Amazon, to lesson the desire for the fork.

You got me thinking about the cliffhanger trend. That is so true. Having come from a childhood of enjoying programs like (some of them re-runs) Little House on the Prairie,
Andy Griffith, Magnum PI, Simon & Simon, The Waltons etc, current American television shows tend to bring on a bit of stress.

*Small rant*

For me, that would be acceptable, if there was some guarantee of closure to a final season cliffhanger, when they cancel a series. I seriously feel that the FCC should make this a law. People invest time in 40 minute television series over several seasons, which for those who watch on cable, include 20 minutes of repetitive commercials (don't do the math of how much time you spend watching commercials while watching cable, because the fork desire will increase), and there should be some fucking consideration for their loyalty as viewers.

*End rant*

One of the big reasons I enjoy streaming so much, is that I can wait until there are several seasons of a show available, and I then I don't have to wait to find out what happens next (until I get to the end of the last available season).

Nic 09-08-2013 01:33 PM

We watched Marwencol last night. She'd seen it. I hadn't. I thought it was pretty damned interesting. Followed it up with Exit Through the Gift Shop. We both liked it but she more than I. I kept waiting for Banksy to appear and say "It's me!" LOL

Deirdre 09-08-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollylane (Post 842242)
For me, that would be acceptable, if there was some guarantee of closure to a final season cliffhanger, when they cancel a series. I seriously feel that the FCC should make this a law. People invest time in 40 minute television series over several seasons, which for those who watch on cable, include 20 minutes of repetitive commercials (don't do the math of how much time you spend watching commercials while watching cable, because the fork desire will increase), and there should be some fucking consideration for their loyalty as viewers.

Yes. This.

Sweet Bliss 09-14-2013 07:12 AM

The Intouchables

French film (captions) True story.

Have watched Marwencol several times. Art saves lives.

Hollylane 09-20-2013 10:56 PM

American Horror Story...I'm on episode 3 and I'm still not convinced that I'll watch the 2 seasons available...I'll have to try a few more episodes out...

Parker 09-20-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollylane (Post 846660)
American Horror Story...I'm on episode 3 and I'm still not convinced that I'll watch the 2 seasons available...I'll have to try a few more episodes out...

I am curious - where did you find season 2? I only see season 1 on Netflix, but maybe since they are stand alone seasons, they are listed separately?

PoeticSilence 09-21-2013 02:26 AM

Finished up some shows, Arrow, and Revolution on HULU.

Hollylane 09-21-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parker (Post 846667)
I am curious - where did you find season 2? I only see season 1 on Netflix, but maybe since they are stand alone seasons, they are listed separately?

I'm watching it on Amazon streaming.

Parker 09-21-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollylane (Post 846800)
I'm watching it on Amazon streaming.

I was checking Amazon to see if you meant the free streaming and .... oh wait, I forgot I own season 2. lol, dork :seconddoh:

I bought each episode as it aired last season because I only had basic cable.

Good thing Amazon keeps track of my purchases because apparently I cant even remember buying an entire season of a TV show! :|

QueenofSmirks 04-19-2015 10:23 PM

I watched this on Netflix last night, I enjoyed it ... Labor Day

GeorgiaMa'am 04-19-2015 10:41 PM

Unbreakable, the netflix series. Really funny!

WildHorses 04-19-2015 11:40 PM

The Dark Matter of Love

"The Dark Matter of Love," which premiered this week at the Toronto International Film Festival, tells the story of the Diazes of Oregon, Wis., a family struggling to bond with their three adopted children from Russian orphanages.

In "The Dark Matter of Love," McCarthy pulls the curtain back on Claudio and Cheryl Diaz, their teenage daughter Cami and their multiple trips to Russia to adopt Masha, 11 at the time, and twin brothers Vadim and Marcel, 5-year-old firecrackers.

There's another journey related to "The Dark Matter of Love," one every bit as anxious as the Diazes' trips to Russia two years ago.

WildHorses 04-19-2015 11:43 PM

Bag of Bones

Bag of Bones or Stephen King's Bag of Bones, is an American TV horror film adaptation of Stephen King's novel. Directed by Mick Garris from Matt Venne's screenplay, it was first aired in 2011 on the A&E Network in two parts.

Best-selling novelist Mike Noonan and his wife, Jo, are unable to conceive children; Mike conceals that he has a low sperm count. Jo is killed by a bus while crossing a street. As she dies in his arms, Mike notices she bought a pregnancy test, and assumes that she may have been having an affair. Overcome by grief from her death, Mike develops a case of writer's block. He suffers a series of nightmares about his wife and their summer home on Dark Score Lake in Maine. On advice from his brother, Sid, Mike takes a trip to the summer house.

Once there, he meets a young widow named Mattie Devore and her 6-year-old daughter, Kyra. Befriending them, he earns the ire of Mattie's estranged father-in-law Max Devore. Max has been trying to get custody of Kyra since Mattie shot his son Lance (Lance was trying to drown the child). Despite the turmoil, Mike begins to write again, but visions and nightmares lead him to believe he isn't alone. He finds that his wife's spirit is with him. He also detects the spirit of a 1930s singer named Sara Tidwell who plays records of her music. Sara also appears in dreams that Mike has of her last day alive in 1939. During his stay at the lake, Mike learns about "Dark Score Crazy," an apparent form of madness that caused several men in the town to murder their daughters by drowning them.

boifrnd 04-19-2015 11:50 PM

netflix :)

In the middle of completing two series right now, " House of Cards","Damages" and binged on "Bloodline" on a rainy sunday several weeks ago..my gawwwwd so glad they are going to have a 2nd year season on that puppy goooood series!!:cheesy:

Martina 04-20-2015 01:18 AM

I couldn't get into Bloodline. I love Daredevil. Currently watching Charmed to put me to sleep.

QueenofSmirks 04-20-2015 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boifrnd (Post 984797)
In the middle of completing two series right now, " House of Cards","Damages" and binged on "Bloodline" on a rainy sunday several weeks ago..my gawwwwd so glad they are going to have a 2nd year season on that puppy goooood series!!:cheesy:

I really liked the first season of House Of Cards, enjoyed the second as well but not as much. I'm almost afraid to watch season 3.

boifrnd 04-23-2015 02:21 AM

lol

I don't know if I really like House of Cards or not lol...the story pulls me in but the acting kinda bugs me some...so far Im still intrigued enuff to complete the first season...

[/B]
Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks (Post 984952)
I really liked the first season of House Of Cards, enjoyed the second as well but not as much. I'm almost afraid to watch season 3.

cinnamongrrl 09-15-2015 08:20 PM

I'm watching so (too) many shows on Netflix. If it werent for football, Id totally cancel my cable...

Last night I watched an odd show, Strange Empire. Its interesting and since I was unable to sleep I watched 3 or 4 episodes...

Ive also started watching Bomb Girls and Twin Peaks again. Longmire is by far my favorite of late..

Ive also been craving action flicks...I so love me some Netflix..

ProfPacker 09-15-2015 09:04 PM

I binged on The Last Tango in Halifax last weekend. excellent, waiting for season 3