Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics And Law (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   What is your method of voting this election? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8197)

Andrea 11-04-2016 08:32 AM

What is your method of voting this election?

What method are you using to vote this election? Is it your preferred method or the only thing available to you?

I voted by mail over a week ago. I prefer going to the polls on election day but I don't want to take the chance of having something come up that would keep me from getting there, so I vote by mail.

In the past I have walked to my polling place with my honey on election day and picked up an I Voted sticker, just because. :)

Medusa 11-04-2016 09:01 AM

I did early voting about a week ago because I knew I would be traveling during the actual election day.
I wish they would release real-time results as they count early and mail votes!

Andrea 11-04-2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 1104624)
I did early voting about a week ago because I knew I would be traveling during the actual election day.
I wish they would release real-time results as they count early and mail votes!

That would be interesting but I would be concerned that those results would influence how or if poll voters vote.

I can hear, in my head, people saying oh that person is already winning so I don't need to vote.

Or look how far ahead the person I was going to vote for is. I will write in Mickey Mouse for the fun of it.

MsTinkerbelly 11-04-2016 09:16 AM

My Kasey does a mail-in ballot, because even though you are allowed by law to leave work and vote, there is not always a convienient time. If she can take the time on election day she goes with me and drops it in the box, or in California, a spouse may drop it in the box for you. I go to the polling place on election day and cast my ballot.

I have voted in every election since I turned 18.

clay 11-04-2016 10:13 AM

Normally I go to polls, and do the handicap access booths but this year, I chose to do a mail in ballot. Is done & mailed in..couple weeks ago!!

I am with Hillary...ALL.The.Way!!!

Chad 11-04-2016 11:41 AM

Vote

I always early vote at the community center.

Zimmeh 11-04-2016 11:52 AM

I voted early at the public library.

Zimmeh

candy_coated_bitch 11-04-2016 12:00 PM

Voted early today at city hall. In and out, no lines.

ETA: This was the first year Massachusetts had early voting.

Cin 11-04-2016 12:11 PM

Absentee ballot. I voted for Obama this way in both elections and now I voted for Clinton this way. Hopefully the next election I will be able to walk over to my neighborhood polling place.

easygoingfemme 11-04-2016 12:27 PM

Going to my neighborhood polling place with my daughter. We always go vote together. (She's furious that she's 6 months shy of being old enough to vote this year)

deeds 11-04-2016 12:28 PM

My method of voting has been the same since I was ten I send a prayer thru the air to heaven that it's creator's will,will be done, it's yet to falter as a sure fire way to win:freetoaster:
Peace to all this election holiday.

Jesse 11-04-2016 01:06 PM

I voted by mail a couple of weeks ago, and just checked yesterday online to make sure my vote has been tabulated.

Orema 11-04-2016 01:52 PM

Mail in. I brought mine with me and am going to fill it out this afternoon. Mail-in voting is my preferred way to vote though I intentionally went to the polls in 2008.

(California mail-ins voters should remember that two forever stamps are needed this year because the ballot is larger than usual.)

dark_crystal 11-04-2016 02:56 PM

I am sitting at home waiting for Mr. Jenny to get here bc we are supposed to go to early voting at the Multi-purpose center

It ends today at 7pm

WHERE IS SHE

Kätzchen 11-04-2016 04:07 PM

I turned in my ballot personally to the county elections office, two days ago. Interestingly, I was asked why I haven't voted in the last few elections. Not surprised at all by the awkward inquiry, I offered the suggestion that they review how votes are counted because a) I showed them my proof of registration by phone, b) that I always turn mine in personally, and c) that I'm actually have always been registered as an independent, but switched to Democrat status to cast my vote for Sen. Sanders last spring, and finally d) told them that I chose to track my ballot this time because I too have wondered an awfully long time if my ballot was ever counted.

Should be interesting to see by tracking device if my ballot votes were counted.

CherryWine 11-04-2016 04:41 PM

I'll be taking a short walk to my polling place first thing Tuesday morning to cast my vote. I've always voted at the polls.

C0LLETTE 11-04-2016 05:25 PM

As a Canadian, it will be a spectator sport for me. But I do have a favourite lol

CherylNYC 11-04-2016 07:06 PM

Voting after work on Tuesday.

ksrainbow 11-04-2016 08:07 PM

I will vote on Tuesday, at my polling site. Every 4 years I stand in line to cast my vote.

ks-

Tovah 11-04-2016 08:36 PM

I have always voted in person at the polls on election day, but this year has been different.

A few months ago I moved to Ohio from California. In California you don't need identification to vote; in Ohio you do (which is total BS in my opinion). I have not yet gotten an Ohio driver's license and my utilities are in my landlord's name, so I don't have any documents proving that I'm a resident of my new state.

I figured out a loophole though. I registered to vote using my social security number and applied for an absentee ballot. My ballot came in the mail a few weeks later, I filled it out, and then I dropped it off in person at the board of elections. I am an official Ohio voter (and all without Ohio ID)!