Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   What Gives You Peace? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203)

sweetfemme247 08-18-2010 01:35 PM

being independent, having a sense that I am going in the right direction in my life after all the drama that has happen over the past 3 years with me.

Soft*Silver 08-18-2010 04:26 PM

talking to my exes from years ago and them telling me they are happy for me and we are working on friendships. Its so nice to grow out of resentments and lay down sorrows and just enjoy people for who they are and not what pasts you shared. Something made us couple together. Its that part of us that we now share, except not romantically

ComparedToWhom 09-03-2010 01:31 AM

A plethora of responses came to mind when reading the question, but I'll post the first one, which was a visual that momentarily took me away from this keyboard....

Straddling my sport bike (aka "crotch rocket"), wearing a full-faced helmet with full riding gear covering every inch of my body (meaning I'm privately passing through the world and those around me without a single regard to gender, race, age, identifying demographics, etc., etc... all people know is that I'm a human being, which is how I wish to be seen!), hauling down an open road. I feel the temperature changes and smell the cow crap and feel like I'm *in* the world, rather than an on-looker, and my mind finds a peaceful cadence with the jet-like engine between my legs. Yeah, I know, sheer terror for some is utterly peaceful for me. Maybe this is why there is no place - big or small - I haven't traveled on two wheels in the US and Canada. :nixon: (<--- double peace!)

Jesse 09-03-2010 01:43 AM

Having a clean, organized home.

Riding my bicycle

My fur baby, Bear, coming over to me and laying his head on my lap with a big ol happy sign.

Learning to be at ease in my skin

Snuggling into my bed at night

Laughing with friends

a cleansing shower

Diva 09-03-2010 06:31 AM

What gives me peace? Knowing my heart is in the right place.

Gráinne 01-15-2011 05:25 PM

Today I'm cleaning and organizing my apartment. This is a job I've decided to do over the three-day weekend. Throwing things out always helps me, and the smell of a nice, clean, scrubbed house. Mmmmm.

I took a break to have some hot soup, which always feels good. Later, I think I'll have Chinese.

It occurred to me that I want to make this year one of finding peace-peace living within myself, and radiating outward from myself. It's in several areas-feeling at ease in my skin (finally), spiritually, emotionally. I believe it's a more easily defined goal than "happy". Certainly, I want to attract someone who is also at peace, so I have to be that way myself.

I believe it's possible to be at peace, and yet be passionate and excited. In fact, I think stress and worry-anything not of peace-"blocks" real passion and joy. I don't want blocks :).

shadows papa 01-15-2011 06:31 PM

Waking up before anyone else and feeling the love of Miss Pink and the furbabies as they sleep and dream. Hearing the faint breathing of my Pack all warm, and snuggly and safe in our little piece of heaven that is given to us each day before the demands of the outside world takes precedence for a while.

Passionaria 01-15-2011 06:57 PM

As of late, what give me peace is the ability to see peoples actions as belonging to them; an expression of who they are, and what lies in their hearts. Even if they call it by my name, does not mean it belongs to me. Kind of like watching an act in a play. When someones behavior is really ugly it brings me peace to be able to see it's just them, showing me who they are.......BOUNDARIES :candle:

Mister Bent 01-15-2011 07:08 PM

The Steelers over the Ravens 31 - 24.

Venus007 01-15-2011 07:17 PM

Dancing around the kitchen cooking for people I love while drinking a nice red wine and listening to good music

Diva 04-05-2011 06:03 AM

I know Y'all are sick and tired of me saying this, but I get a lot of peace from painting.........

It heals me......it calms me......it centers me.......and it gives me joy on a daily basis. <smile>

girl_dee 04-05-2011 06:21 AM

Waking up here.

Jesse 04-05-2011 09:09 AM

Being on the lake or river fishing

Walking on the beach, listening to and feeling the pull of the tides as they roll in and back out again.

An ice cream cone

Driving down a long winding dirt road out in the country.

princessbelle 04-05-2011 09:14 AM

Quite mornings with coffee and hearing my mocking bird in the backyard...so happy with himself.

Sitting on a beach...any beach at sunset by myself. Feeling the warm wind and salt on my lips. That is my grounding spot.

Knowing my family and friends are all ok and doing great.

Job security.

Making plans for more remodeling getting done.

Having a clean house and being able to just rest.

WingsOnFire 04-05-2011 09:34 AM

Knowing he is the calm in my swirling storm...

My dogs sleeping peacefully...

My elderly dog finally resting peacefully...

Him kissing my lips and stroking my hair as I fall asleep...

Waking up with him beside me sleeping beautifully...

Kissing his parted lips as he sleeps and I leave for work...

Talking to an old friend I have not been in contact with for a while...

Andrew, Jr. 04-05-2011 10:27 AM

What gives me peace...

*Smoking my pipe and cigars;

*Swimming;

*Laughing with friends and family of choice;

*Eating steamed crabs with friends and family of choice;

*Sitting on my deck with a cup of coffee, listening to the birds singing, my squirrels running around hunting for their peanuts, and Dino snoring away.

AtLast 04-05-2011 11:10 AM

Experiencing hope.

Canela 04-05-2011 11:26 AM

Prayer

Worship music

Quiet

The beach and/or just being out in the sunshine

Working on my jewelry

Cuddling my furbabies

Hugs--giving or receiving

Long hot baths...(with bubbles)

Andrew, Jr. 04-06-2011 08:52 AM

What gives me peace...

Some more:

*Singing hymns;

*Praying:

*Meditating;

*Having an alter in my home, using my own devotional candles and incense that has been blessed by a Priest;

*Donating food and clothing to the poor;

*Going to various Churches.

Tcountry 04-06-2011 11:39 AM

...Going for a country road ride with Sara (Vulcan 900)
...Exploring a lake or river with a friend and my canoe
...Dancing, cooking, going out with, and canoodling with my fiancee
...Listening to music...
..Telling stories and making memories
...Sunrise and Sunset
...Knowing that everything happens for a reason