Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What advice would you get your younger self (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7963)

jools66 12-31-2015 10:10 AM

What advice would you get your younger self

I thought this would be an interesting thread.
Going into a new year, and as we do sometimes look back at the year that as just passed this thought popped into my head.
i was wondering what you all would say to your younger self, whether it be last year,10 years ago, 20/30 or more.
What have you learned and how have you grown from it?
What would you do differently if anything.

For me personally, i would say dont be afraid to open up, to someone you can trust. dont hold the bad inside you because thats not good.
You are stronger than you think, so never give up.
Enjoy life and what is as to offer, and try to learn something new about it and yourself when you can.
oh and dont get married at 20 lol

MsTinkerbelly 12-31-2015 10:41 AM

The grass is not always greener somewhere else...just stay home, love your wife and thank God for your blessings.

Rockinonahigh 12-31-2015 11:43 AM

To my younger self: I know it's hard not to hurt when both parents walked out on you as a baby, they were and always will be childish self centered brats. You still have yourself, learn all you can so you can take care of your self then live well. Don't get married at 19...wrong move cause you will forever pay for that. Another thing, don't pay any attention to any one who blast you about the way ward parents you aren't them and will rise above what they will ever be. Be wary of people who act like friends then turn on you when they are done with you, yes you will get burned a time or two and it will hurt like hell its called life lessons we all get them. The word NO isn't a bad word to say learn it early and use it wisely. So much more to say, but later.

gotoseagrl 12-31-2015 12:33 PM

Just wait. And listen to your first instincts.

Daniela 12-31-2015 01:55 PM

Don't flip, it's not the end of the world (unless it is). :D

clay 12-31-2015 02:13 PM

Love harder, live wiser, and have no regrets (of which I have very few). Every.single.event. has made me who I am today!! I have lived a pretty decent life....made a few wrong turns, but again, made me wiser, and so much more appreciative!!!:pirate-steer:

DapperButch 12-31-2015 04:01 PM

Transition already! For both yourself and for those around you. You are a much better person after you become your real self.

Jesse 12-31-2015 04:10 PM

Grab hold of yer boot straps son and pull like hell, it's gonna be a wild ride! :cigar2:

princessbelle 12-31-2015 04:18 PM

Be true to yourself and wait....just wait. The tides a'comin. Patience my dear self. Good things come to those who wait.

Oh and also a big ole hug.

Amulette 12-31-2015 07:18 PM

Move to Argentina and study Tango. Raise your son dancing. Really it's OK...

JDeere 12-31-2015 08:29 PM

I would say to my younger self that stop the partying and focus on life.

Gemme 12-31-2015 08:57 PM

I would say to listen to my gut. When I listen to it, it never lets me down.

Kätzchen 12-31-2015 09:19 PM

During my young adult life, clear up until a couple years ago, I never could really wrap my arms around the idea that I am truly a fabulous woman. It's just been this past two years that I experienced my own "ah ha" moment when I could fully embrace myself as a person worthy of my own kind of fabulosity (1).

Second, always trust your inner intuition, even if others might not come up with the same inner-knowing. Your inner instincts will pretty much be right on target, most all the time.

Kelt 12-31-2015 09:36 PM

In the "trust your gut" department; I would say to my younger self to pay attention when issues of the mind collide with issues of the body. While not in medical vogue right now, that connection runs deep, to ignore it is folly.

I would also tell my younger self to truly appreciate the moment. You never know when doing that favorite thing whether or not it will be the last time you get to do it.

The most important thing I have is time. Everyone gets the same number of hours in the day. Everything else is decoration.

Shystonefem 12-31-2015 09:53 PM

Your heart is bigger than anyone can handle. Don't stop caring and don't be with someone who demands you stop caring.

Save as many as you can, never eat red meat or pork because they should not suffer just because you like bacon burgers.

DO NOT get in the truck with Leon. Believe me, it will save both your lives in different way.

Rockinonahigh 01-01-2016 03:32 AM

Younger self, another bit of hind sight, slow down chasing that big rainbow then enjoy what you have for as long as you can but don't take any sh85 from anyone. There will be people on the rodeo trail that would love to put doubts in your mind about you and you horses abliatie (sp). You are doing fine...they would love to see you off that horse you are on and on something not near as good, it's money in the bank for them if you cant win.

job 01-01-2016 03:52 AM

Grow up sooner, as in: plan for your future and don't be so hedonistic....ya little shit.

Orema 01-01-2016 05:49 AM

I'd tell my younger self, you're pretty AND black, not pretty BUT black. We'd have a long discussion on that misconception.

I'd also tell her that you're gonna make a few mistakes along the way and not always trust the right people, but that's okay. It's even expected. What's important is to walk inside your story and own it. Otherwise, you will walk outside your story and will have to hustle for your worthiness. (excellent advice from Brene Brown)

Be more forgiving of others and more compassionate and empathic to yourself.

Start saving early. Yes, there will be time later, but start early—you'll be glad you did.

cinnamongrrl 01-01-2016 07:13 AM

Stay in school. Its very hard to return....

Move to Asheville sooner. I wish my kids had grown up immersed in this environment

Do more of the things that interest you... hobbies are important too

Be better at being present

Be careful who you give your heart to

Daniela 01-01-2016 09:43 AM

Stop doubting yourself so much. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with you, even though you may think there is.