Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Beauty, Lifestyles (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Post your Smoothie! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8158)

kittygrrl 09-08-2016 01:01 AM

Post your Smoothie!

Please post your favorite Smoothie recipe here. Smoothies you want to try. Smoothies that were amazing. Smoothies that just look interesting! The goal is at least 365 Smoothies for each day of the year!

http://cdn.asweetpeachef.com/wp-cont...hie-bowl-6.jpg

kittygrrl 09-08-2016 01:10 AM

Berry Smoothie-Vegetarian-Gluten Free

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...8ae0935b4a.jpg

Put in blender-
3/4 C. Almond milk
1/4 C. Greek Yogurt
1/2 C. each-Banana, Blackberries, Blueberries
1Tb. chia Seeds
1 Tb. Pepitas
1/2 c. Ice
(Maple syrup or honey to taste)

Blend for 45-60 seconds. Refrigerate.

Medusa 09-08-2016 09:08 AM

I had a smoothie this morning but failed to grab a photo, darn it!

Mine was strawberries, raspberries, vanilla Greek yogurt, almond milk, chia seeds, and a pinch of acai berry powder.

Delicious!

knight 09-08-2016 09:09 AM

I make a spurlina smoothie every morning with mixed berries, a splash of orange juice and organic yogurt...

thank you for this thread.

Cin 09-08-2016 09:40 AM

For an early lunch -

No picture but it was tasty

1 scoop chocolate protein powder 80 calories
1 tablespoon peanut butter 90 calories
100 grams cafe latte yogurt 35 calories
1 cup water
5 ice cubes

No pic and not a smoothie exactly but cooled us off yesterday after quite a workout

cup or 2 of frozen watermelon
cup or 2 of frozen strawberries
cup or 2 of homemade lemonade
So good, really, really good.

I buy fruit on sale whenever I can and freeze it for future smoothie or frozen drink use.

I am no longer afraid of buying a watermelon that might not be that good. When I cut it and it is less than we had hoped, my wife and I just look at each other and cheerfully say "smoothies!" and in the freezer it goes.

Medusa 09-08-2016 09:51 AM

Do any of you use the PB2 powder in your smoothies? That shit is addictive! I even add it to my vanilla greek yogurt for a peanut butter-y mousse

Degotoga 09-08-2016 10:36 AM

Typical breakfast, and sometimes it's what's for dinner.
One scoop of cinnamon swirl protein powder, chia seed, flax seed, a generous scoop of PB2, extra cinnamon and almond milk.

Cin 09-08-2016 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medusa (Post 1090442)
Do any of you use the PB2 powder in your smoothies? That shit is addictive! I even add it to my vanilla greek yogurt for a peanut butter-y mousse

I haven't tried it. I kind of like the fat in peanuts, almonds, and nuts in general so I like peanut butter. I prefer it to the extra sugar that is always added when they take out fat. Plus the fat in the peanut butter or, even better, almond butter keeps me full longer. Plus I prefer organic in peanut butter cause peanuts are a heavily sprayed crop and the toxins easily soak through the porous shell and PB2 is not organic. But as I've said I haven't tried it so I could change my mind. It might not completely replace peanut butter but it could be something to use in cooking, like baking cookies and such. Things I'm not counting on to fill me up and give me energy for the day.

Cin 09-08-2016 12:57 PM

after workout smoothie today:

tablespoon shredded coconut
200 grams coconut yogurt
1 cup of frozen pineapple,(froze it myself fresh)
1/2 cup of water (I like it like that, but one could easily use milk or almond breeze or some such.

kittygrrl 09-08-2016 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Tick (Post 1090454)
after workout smoothie today:

tablespoon shredded coconut
200 grams coconut yogurt
1 cup of frozen pineapple,(froze it myself fresh)
1/2 cup of water (I like it like that, but one could easily use milk or almond breeze or some such.

is coconut yogurt vegan?? if so great idea! I'm going to try to find some! Thanks :hk11:

Cin 09-08-2016 03:47 PM

This one might be vegan

http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/img/...eek_plain1.png

But that's not the one I had. I had this one and it's quite caloric and high in fat and definitely not vegan. I do love this yogurt though.

http://www.liberte.ca/sn_uploads/0Me...co_300x300.jpg

kittygrrl 09-09-2016 08:41 AM

Today's Smoothie

1 c. nut milk
1/4 c. blanched almonds
1 ripe banana (cut in chunks)
1 scoop protein powder (I'm using Whey this morning)
2 Tbsp. honey
1 c fresh strawberries (or frozen)
1 pear (cut in chunks
1 Tbsp flaxmeal
1/2 c. ice

Place in blender milk, nuts, fruit, flaxmeal and ice(on top) Blend 45 seconds til smooth. Enjoy

kittygrrl 09-12-2016 08:47 AM

Gecko Smoothie

1/2 c water
1/2 organic cucumber
1/2 c organic green grapes
4 oz frozen organic pineapple chunks
1 c organic greens
mint leaves
1/2 frozen banana slices

Add water first then all other ingredients. Blend 45-60 seconds. About 3 cups of Fabulous. Enjoy

Gayandgray 09-12-2016 09:27 AM

Today I used yellow watermelon, (big handful) a banana, big handful of kale, soymilk, a scoop of vegetarian protein powder(vanilla flavor) mixed up in the blender. YUM!!:hangloose::hangloose::hangloose:

kittygrrl 09-13-2016 07:31 PM

i've been thinking..

I made some almond milk today and to be honest had forgotten how honestly delicious the homemade almond milk is! So tomorrow i'm making some kind of a berry smoothie. I will let you know how it turns out:goodluck:

imperfect_cupcake 09-14-2016 01:00 AM

Because I need a powerhouse of a shake Before work - highly physical job and never more than 5 minutes to stop and eat at work so I need to make sure I've got what I need before I leave the house - I have tried many different combinations but I find this works best -

1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 sliced and frozen banana
1/3 cup dessert tofu or high protien yogurt (home made. I can't eat store bought because they add dairy to it after. Home made yogurt has zero lactose in it)
2 pieces frozen pineapple
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/3 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup coconut water
1 cup rice milk.
2 teaspoons macha or instant espresso

That keeps me going through six hours of hard work and no break. Aside from drinking 1/4 cup of pineapple juice mixed with 5 cups coconut water to combat losing electrolytes at work.

kittygrrl 09-14-2016 10:58 AM

ok...

chickened out on berry smoothie :hk30:it just didn't feel right, so I fixed a greenie
carrot, spinach, frozen grapes, cucumber, parsley,a smidge of agave and ice-not bad :alieninjar:

Talon 09-14-2016 12:00 PM

c/o The Juice Bar....

Plum power smoothie~

~2 plums halved and pitted

~1/2 cup plum juice

~2tsp. of honey

~2 scoops of plain frozen yogurt

~small handful of crushed ice

~1 Italian almond biscotti, crumbled for decoration on top

~1/4 of a plum, pitted, for decoration on the edge of glass

~Put the plums, plum juice, and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Stir, cover tightly, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes, until the plums have split and are soft.Let cool.
Pour the mixture into a blender, add the frozen yogurt and the ice, and blend until smooth.
Pour into a glass, sprinkle with biscotti, and decorate the rim with the plum...
and serve.

This serves 1, so you may wish to double the recipe.

legally_b10nde 09-14-2016 04:47 PM

Post workout smoothie,

1 scoop of chocolate flavored whey protein powder
1 cup of water
1 scoop of peanut butter + few drop of almond oil
1 whole banana
1 scoop of ice
1 table spoon of honey
1 egg (optional)

Enjoy!

kittygrrl 09-14-2016 09:01 PM

Key Lime Smoothie

1/2 organic Lime or 2 Key Limes
5 oz Frozen organic Mango (DIY!)
4 oz Key Lime Greek Yogurt (or Vegan alternative!)
4 oz + Vanilla Almond Milk
1cup ice

Prepare Lime-Wash/Zest/Cut 1 slice, cut notch into, reserve-Juice the remaining Lime-

Add all ingredients (except 1 reserved slice for garnish)to blender. Blend on high 45 seconds- 2 minutes or til smooth. Add ice Blend til smooth-

Pour smoothie into glass and garnish w/Lime slice. Very delicious!