Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What Was The Last Movie You Saw? Welcome Cinephiles. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3165)

ONLY 08-26-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulShineFemme (Post 639289)
I watched Safehouse with ONLY last night. It was lots and lots of action, shooting and explosions.

And I ADMIT that I'm the one who picked it out! :p

What was that you wrote in WHITE????? :p

And I didn't see that you ADMITTED you ENJOYED it lol
Was a good movie and YES lots of actions :thumbsup:

SoulShineFemme 08-26-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ONLY (Post 639294)
What was that you wrote in WHITE????? :p

And I didn't see you say you ENJOYED it lol
Was a good movie and YES lots of actions :thumbsup:

Okay OKAY!! I ENJOYED this action flick and some (nearly all) of the action flicks we have watched together. I'm a closeted action flick fan. Shoooosh! :blush:

Duchess 08-26-2012 12:20 PM

ParaNorman

When a small town comes under siege by zombies, who can it call? Only misunderstood local boy Norman, who is able to speak with the dead. In addition to the zombies, he'll have to take on ghosts, witches and, worst, of all, grown-ups, …

Really cute movie!! Going to see The Apparition tomorrow. Yayy!!!!

The_Lady_Snow 08-26-2012 01:00 PM

Eh

"Safe House"

It's Denzel how can you go wrong?

*Anya* 08-26-2012 01:19 PM

The Hunger Games: good

The Dictator: bad

Ginger 08-26-2012 01:57 PM

Saw Mr. Nobody on You Tube last night and this morning, in bed on the laptop with headphones.

Am watching Beginners right now, a Netflix choice. Ewan McGregor plays the son of an elderly man (Christopher Plummer), who comes out at the age of 75, when his wife dies.

It's very beautiful, all amber and pale blue, and I adore McGregor and Plummer, but the quietness of it is making me impatient. That might be because I'm finally moving out of a frozen state and I can't stand stasis in any form.

The dreamy piano score is nice, though. I have plenty of patience for that.

nycfem 08-26-2012 03:06 PM

I went on a date with myself (yay, no sharing popcorn :D) yesterday and saw the documentary, Imposter. It was fascinating. It's about a family whose child goes missing at the age of 13. Then four years later, a guy in his early twenties, pretends to be the family's missing child and manages to con his way into their home and hearts. It's a creepy movie with lots of twists and turns and it's all real!

Here's a link to the movie website below:
http://imposterfilm.com/synopsis/

Sadly it shows how a desperate family can be deluded into believing a dangerous stranger is their missing son.

Today I watched "Children of the Corn" (based on Stephen King's short story) on DVD. It had lost all the enjoyable fright it generated in me when I was much younger. Oh, well, still a good time :)

Kätzchen 08-26-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfembbw (Post 639543)
I went on a date with myself (yay, no sharing popcorn :D) yesterday and saw the documentary, Imposter. It was fascinating. It's about a family whose child goes missing at the age of 13. Then four years later, a guy in his early twenties, pretends to be the family's missing child and manages to con his way into their home and hearts. It's a creepy movie with lots of twists and turns and it's all real!

Here's a link to the movie website below:
http://imposterfilm.com/synopsis/

Sadly it shows how a desperate family can be deluded into believing a dangerous stranger is their missing son.

Today I watched "Children of the Corn" (based on Stephen King's short story) on DVD. It had lost all the enjoyable fright it generated in me when I was much younger. Oh, well, still a good time :)

oOoOoOooh, the documentary you saw (Imposter) sounds like something I would like to see.... <<< I love popcorn too: well, popcorn balls>>> :)

cinnamongrrl 08-26-2012 04:59 PM

We havent watched a movie in AGES....but Im really wanting to see Hunger Games...Im thinking my honey bear and I can have a movie night with the kiddos Tuesday or Wednesday...also wanting to see that new movie Lawless....im wondering if it will be at the drive ins...daddy and I need a date night anyhow.... ;)

Fancy 08-26-2012 05:42 PM

Hope Springs

Meryl Streep is gifted and brilliant. Tommy Lee Jone acted within the same box he always does.

Talon 08-31-2012 01:12 PM

A Netflix title...

"The Aggressives"...a documentary about what defines an aggressive female within the lesbian community.

nycfem 09-01-2012 10:00 PM

BB and I had a date night. We went to see "Hope Springs," the movie starring Merryl Streep (love her!) and Tommy Lee Jones. This was a "BB choice." BB likes romantic comedies, specifically what are referred to in this culture as "chick flicks." I do not! Give me a horror, a dark or highly stupid comedy, a documentary, or an indie/alternative type movie! Anyway, BB was so appreciative that I accompanied hym. Don't tell, but... it really wasn't too bad! It's about an older married couple who have lost that spark and go away for a week of intensive couple's therapy.

Link to NPR review of Hope Springs:

http://www.npr.org/2012/08/08/158378...prings-eternal

Duchess 09-01-2012 10:04 PM

Saw The Apparition. It reminded me of a more expensive Paranormal Activity. I'm still waiting for a movie that will scare off my lipstick. :)

nycfem 09-01-2012 10:08 PM

You and me both, Duchess!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duchess (Post 644846)
I'm still waiting for a movie that will scare off my lipstick. :)

Duchess 09-01-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfembbw (Post 644850)
You and me both, Duchess!

Hey there honey bunches. Going to see The Possession tomorrow. Hope that does it for me. :)

nycfem 09-01-2012 10:20 PM

Ohhh, I so want to hear what you think!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duchess (Post 644855)
Hey there honey bunches. Going to see The Possession tomorrow. Hope that does it for me. :)

Duchess 09-01-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycfembbw (Post 644857)
Ohhh, I so want to hear what you think!

I hope the movie is as good as the preview with the fingers in her throat!!

Mrs Arcstriker 09-01-2012 10:35 PM

Going to see 2016: Obama's America, tomorrow...would have gone today but Arc had to work OT...

Jess 09-02-2012 08:21 AM

Last night was date night.... after getting lost in the DC burbs (more than once), we made it while previews were still running...

Film was great, pretty accurate historically (although many of the other prominent moon-shining families were left out) and the soundtrack is amazing. It is always interesting to see films that are reflective of part of our personal/family histories... much of mine is rooted firmly in the various wars and struggles of the Appalachian Mountains.

Highly recommend... Lawless

and saw the preview for The Man With the Iron Fists... a Tarrantino film coming out in a couple months.. looks great!

Jess 09-02-2012 08:27 AM

Recently watched Brazil- An Inconvenient History, part of a History channel series, for school. A very interesting an enlightening film about slave trade and the founding of Brazil.