Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What did you watch on Netflix/Hulu/other streaming sites? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5772)

Kent 05-23-2013 07:29 PM

What did you watch on Netflix/Hulu/other streaming sites?

WEEDS... :cannabis:

Enchantress 05-23-2013 08:09 PM

I'm just ...

... beginning The Borgias! And, I'm in the midst of The L Word (the original series not the trashy one). I'd forgotten how enjoyable the first couple of seasons really were. I'm also watching (from the beginning) Dark Shadows!

Fabulous fun, Netflix.

Hollylane 05-23-2013 08:29 PM

Grimm, and I have been extra focused on the extras in the background, because one of them is my supervisor...Fun!

maryam 05-23-2013 09:15 PM

On Netflix, I've been rewatching *the West Wing* and it's still pretty awesome. Still makes me cry a lot during some episodes. 'specially *Two Cathedrals" and *the Long Goodbye*.

They have lots of Classic Doctor Who, on Netflix too, and when I'm done with *the West Wing* I'm going to redo *Dresden Files*. I sure do wish that *Northern Exposure* was available for streaming! When I really want to be all drippy and stupid, I watch certain episodes of New Doctor Who... Oh the feels! (Rule Number 1; the Doctor lies...) And yes, I'm minorly freaked out by the weeping angels and the Vashta Narada.

I also did the BBC version of *Emma* a few months ago, and their version of *Pride and Prejudice* from 1980 whatever it was. I dearly love all the old BBC miniserieses on Netflix. I don't have Hulu+ or Amazon Prime anymore, but we may get Prime. I love my Roku, too, btw.

I was kind of bummed when Netflix pulled all of the Ken Burns off.

gotoseagrl 05-23-2013 10:53 PM

http://www.wearysloth.com/TVEpGaller...7-00001000.jpg

on Netflix. she was cute back then too.

Queenie 05-24-2013 07:53 AM

I've been watching the internet version of, One life to Live and All My Children. I have watched, One Life to Live for 20 years. I have grown up watching this silly soap. I've watched it with my sister after school, I have watched it while eating dinner with my mother and now I watch it in my north london flat. It has become part of my life. But this new version of it? I don't know what to think about it. I dont know how long its going to last. And now I have found out that its only going to be shown twice a week. So, I do wonder how long it will last.

CA_BabyCakes 06-21-2013 11:02 AM

Addicted to watching the old black and white Twilight Zone episodes on Netflix right now! I have almost finished all four seasons available (which i believe are 1,2,3,and 5).....

PoeticSilence 08-03-2013 12:21 AM

Some HULU series, I found them all very entertaining:
Pramface
Moone Boy
Rev.
Little Mosque

deathbypoem 08-12-2013 12:25 PM

I watched inside the control room and raw footage of the 2003 Columbus Space Shuttle as it crashed, before and after.

Apocalipstic 08-12-2013 12:27 PM

Netflix

Orange is the new Black
and
The Killing

girl_dee 08-12-2013 06:50 PM

Seoul Train..

alexri 08-12-2013 06:53 PM

I signed up for the 30 day free trial of Netflix, watched all of Orange is the New Black, and then canceled the free trial. I had read the book; the series definitely steers away from it, but it was still entertaining.

Sweet Bliss 08-26-2013 10:53 AM

A Late Quartet

Very moving. No special effects, no guns, just the human experience.

PoeticSilence 08-27-2013 03:14 AM

I keep up with quite a few shows on HULU:
Once
Grimm
Pramface
Little Mosque
The Following
The Booth at the End
Beauty and the Beast
Touch
Whites
666 Park Avenue
Cult
Rev
Being Human
The New Normal
I could keep going, there is a new show I haven't seen yet called LIP SERVICE that focuses on the romantic lives of gay women in Glasgow..!

Sweet Bliss 08-28-2013 12:32 PM

Six Degrees Could Change the World

Very sober presentation.

Apocalipstic 08-28-2013 05:24 PM

I just started Doc Martin and Ripper Street

Martina 08-28-2013 07:34 PM

On Netflix and Amazon (mostly Amazon):

Currently --

Suits
Franklin and Bash
Covert Affairs (god, it's bad. why do i watch it?)
Longmire -- love this show
Burn Notice

Sweet Bliss 08-30-2013 06:21 PM

WAKE UP

Documentary of young man struggling to come to terms with his new ability to see the other side.

Hollylane 09-08-2013 11:09 AM

*spoiler alert for Alphas*

I just finished watching Alphas. I really enjoyed it. I don't recommend getting into it though, because as usual, they leave you hanging at the end of Season 2, with all but one character dead. Then the network decided that 1.7 million fans is not enough to make the investment in a third season.

Fuckwads. :insert frustrated with American television series face:

Deirdre 09-08-2013 11:21 AM

I started watching Alphas and liked it, but just couldn't get hooked like I did with Fringe. I am terrible with cliff-hanging, which is probably because I'm anxious enough as it is, so I usually don't watch constant-cliffhanger shows. That said, almost every show is like that now, so...

As far as my Netflix watching:

Nothing. I think I've watched everything on Netflix. Twice. So I hope they update their catalog soon! If I keep seeing the same recommendations for things I have already watched, I am going to stab myself in the face with a fork.

And then do it again.