Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What did you watch on Netflix/Hulu/other streaming sites? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5772)

charley 01-16-2019 04:18 PM

Vera

Just watched 1st episode of Vera (3 more episodes to come for this 9th season). Oh how I enjoy Brenda Blethyn! Always true to itself, Vera solves yet another murder/mystery, in the grand tradition of Brit mysteries, like Morse did. If only life could imitate art (chuckle)...

Orema 01-16-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charley (Post 1238430)
Just watched 1st episode of Vera (3 more episodes to come for this 9th season). Oh how I enjoy Brenda Blethyn! Always true to itself, Vera solves yet another murder/mystery, in the grand tradition of Brit mysteries, like Morse did. If only life could imitate art (chuckle)...

She's one of my favorite actresses and I just love watching her. She's so good and such a smart actress. I think the first time I saw her was in Secret and Lies and I've been hooked ever since. Haven't seen Vera, but will check it out if it comes to Amazon Priime.

Apocalipstic 01-16-2019 05:21 PM

I've been watching "Call the Midwife". How I did not find this earlier, I do not know. I love it!

I recently watched some of the straightening show on Netflix, Mrs. Maisel and a bunch of things on Acorn. My very fav is Agatha Raisin!!

CherylNYC 01-16-2019 05:43 PM

I haven't had a TV for decades, but I have a laptop and a few months ago a friend sent me her Netflix passwords because she was so determined that I MUST watch Hanna Gadsby. Which I did. WOW! She was brilliant. And despite being a pathetic technophobe I figured out how to work it by myself.

After New Years my chosen sister came to town to help me work on my house. At the end of a long day she suggested that we break out the laptop and watch something on Netflix to wind down. I've never done that before, and I still have that password. We watched a documentary called 'Feminism: What Were We Thinking?' It certainly exceeded its dubious title. It followed up with modern interviews with a number of women who had been portrait subjects of one female photographer active in NYC during the heady 1970's feminist movement. Mostly they were artists, performers and other creative women who were the photographer's friends at the time. Many were lesbians, but only a few spoke about that during the documentary. It was quite good.

Lyte 01-16-2019 09:18 PM

Poldark on Amazon and/or Masterpiece. It's kinda slow but there must be something to it because I'm on S2 now!

charley 01-18-2019 09:33 AM

some sci-fi series, Star Trek: Discovery - Roswell, New Mexico & Project Blue Book

Actually, I watch most of the things I have posted on cable, as I pay for many stations, but I try and note where you can stream them if you like:

On Space (available through CBS All Access), I recently saw the 1st episode of the new season of "Star Trek: Discovery" - what fun, and the young Spock makes an appearance. I rather like this series, and am enjoying it. I have seen almost every episode of every Star Trek series, as well as all of the films coming out of this media franchise. I guess you could call me a closet-trekkie... although, I would never go to one of their fan meet-ups (chuckle)... I am looking forward to the 2nd episode of season 2 - :)

I also saw the first episode of "Roswell, New Mexico" on one of my stations (it's available through The CW). To me, it was awful, poor script, cliches galore, & the most ridiculous unbelievable and mixed-up plot-line; they even mixed in the idea of illegal outer-space aliens with illegal migrant "aliens" - I think, it was difficult following the complicated plot-line, even a nod to Trump's shutdown.

And I saw the first 2 episodes of "Project Blue Book" on one of my History channels (I have 3 of 'em). I liked it, even though I am not a conspiracy buff. There is enough real-life conspiracy going on in real-time to refrain from expending any energy on any of those UFO ideas. So, just watching it for fun. I have never seen a UFO, and I think that if aliens have been visiting us... well, I'm sure they wouldn't get too close, considering what humans are like. Actually, I don't believe in aliens per se - (I have encountered in the woods - many years ago - an interesting non-solid entity which had its own awareness; it did scare all the wildlife, who wisely hid - and so, I took a "hint" from their behaviour and, for my part, I ran.) Insofar as the show goes, it seems to have fairly good writers and decent acting. Good lord, they even threw in a few Russian spies!!! - smh & chuckles.

homoe 01-18-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apocalipstic (Post 1238434)
I've been watching "Call the Midwife". How I did not find this earlier, I do not know. I love it!

I recently watched some of the straightening show on Netflix, Mrs. Maisel and a bunch of things on Acorn. My very fav is Agatha Raisin!!

If you have Acorn, may I suggest A Place To Call Home? It ran for 6 seasons and I must admit I don't think any season or episode was a dud!

ksrainbow 01-18-2019 06:22 PM

Netflix movie...

Carol

I shall watch a second time without a doubt!

Ks-

firecat242 03-07-2019 08:41 AM

The Bird Box with Sandra Bullock. Delightfully intense and stressful. And then I just like looking at Sandra....:blush:

GeorgiaMa'am 03-07-2019 12:18 PM

I just finished watching Russian Doll on Netflix. I thought it was very well made, and Natasha Lyonne (OITNB) is really good as the protagonist. It's a character-keeps-waking-up-at-the-same-point-in-time-and-living-the-same-day-over-and-over type story which we have seen in Groundhog Day. Natasha plays a pleasingly strong woman with strong women friends. The dialogue is darkly funny. It's worth a binge - it's only 8 episodes, and not one second is superfluous.

homoe 03-07-2019 07:42 PM

White Dragon on Amazon Prime.......

Jonah Mulray is a professor whose world comes crashing down when his wife is killed in a car crash in Hong Kong. Though his wife lived and worked there for six months, Jonah's fear of flying has stopped him from ever visiting. Now he must venture across the world to identify her body. However, once he arrives he finds out a shocking truth and is drawn deeper in a web of conspiracy in a foreign and unfamiliar place.

tantalizingfemme 03-08-2019 03:43 AM

Abducted in Plain Sight on Netflix. What a wild documentary.

ksrainbow 03-09-2019 10:13 PM

Netflix-

Hannah Gadsby: Nannette

Current, Valid and Retrospective in so many ways.

Ks-

RebelDyke 03-14-2019 09:38 AM

Just finished binging "The Marvelous Mrs. Masiel". I liked it...cannot wait for more seasons

JDeere 03-15-2019 06:59 PM

I have Netflix queded up for Christopher Robin

Watching The Super right now!

Bèsame* 03-18-2019 09:16 PM

All Access CBS

The Good Fight

homoe 04-02-2019 07:35 AM

Recently announced.........

Erik Larson’s non-fiction novel The Devil in the White City has had a long road to the screen. Way back in 2010, it looked like Leonardo DiCaprio would star in a film adaptation of the book, which follows the construction of the World’s Fair in Chicago as well as the serial killer H.H. Holmes. According to Variety now it looks like The Devil in the White City will finally be adapted as a TV series with DiCaprio set to executive produce alongside Martin Scorsese.

Lyte 04-02-2019 05:11 PM

Rewatching the entire Game o' Thrones in anticipation of the final season. :koolaid:

candy_coated_bitch 04-02-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDeere (Post 1242850)
I have Netflix queded up for Christopher Robin

Watching The Super right now!

I loved Christopher Robin!

Right now I'm watching a lot of Criminal Minds on Netflix. I watched the first season of Shrill on Hulu and LOVED it and highly recommend it for fat folks and fat positive folks.

I've also got my usual going: The Voice, The Resident, New Amsterdam, Chicago Med and Fire, This Is Us, etc. I also just started watching The Village.

charley 04-03-2019 05:23 AM

The Name of the Rose

I have just begun watching the new RA1 (Italian production) TV series adaptation of Umberto Eco's "The Name of the Rose" (Il nome della rosa) (2019); I'm on episode 1 (looks good)...

I still remember the classic Sean Connery version from way back in 1986, which I so thoroughly enjoyed that I went and read Eco's book, as well as his "Foucault's Pendulum"...

I hope all 8 episodes are good :)